WHATS your best ever A-bag for a year , NO repalcements ?

supo

Thinking about     all the  gear ive ever palyed the best with ,  and thoughtr wht WUD  i play if i had to for 1 year , 14 clubs  AND ball............ no changes. no drop ins, one bag, set forget.

thsi of course to me is a thought exercsie  of  insideous  mental calamity nad hopefully one il never have to endure but... well.. here goes..................

Whats your best bag u think u cud do ,1   year  no tears  ?

MINE:
DRIVER - KAMUI PRO  tp07 10.5* / DIAMANA x 60X,   gripmaster  leathermid grip.
This is  one of my current  A-bag  drivers and   i think i prefer it as an  all round over  the 7d shafted  tp09 version, it just  gives me a wee bit more  versatility , height and workability id need for a year round  driver.   i hit  them both side by side over the weekend  and although   the 7d was without doubt  a bit taughter. lower  and a bit  less reactionary ,  the feel / sound of the tp07  nitro  is  just uber addictive AND a bit more workable which i really like ,  the  lie angle at address just suits my eye perfectly as well,  i can see and hit   draws that i just cant do near as well  with my other drivers and  distance is perfect.   

TOP5 mentions -
s-yard xv 10.5*         ryoma d1 10.5*                 epon af 101   9.5*             astro tour v3 10.5*         callaway diablo  10*
SHAFTS
7 dreamers.           diamana stinger                    diamana ali islei                  tour ad pt6x                 labospec shingo 2010

FAIRWAY woods-

Ill take these 2 over some historically huge competition....  

ROYAL COLLECTION 304P  14*  /  DIAMANA  x 70X 
KAMUI PRO TP-XF                 17.5* /  crazy black fw 7.4

top dawsgs-
prgr egg MFD 16.5*,...... prgr  egg spoon 15, 17*,..... ryoma d 13*/15* ,....... royal collection bbd,...... syard xv......, callaway erc3  fusion....., yamaha iff tour,.... crazy fw......., prgr nabla tou......., TEE maraging   combo brazing , ......................., 

So off the tee  the RC acts as  a perfect driver alt if needed , regadlesss of conds and off the deck its a green chaser.  feel is insane  and  i can do antyhing with it. ill go so far as to say this CUD be ( all   probability  it is ..) the best fw ive ever made .. the combo is unlike any thing else.   i LOVE IT i can not get it out of my bag now.

as a  combo team    i think   the kamui tp-xf  17.5*  (JUST  over the  18* RC j104)   as i  slightly prefer the lie at address  more   ,  as a pair    i dont think ive ever enjoyed hitting  a  set of fws  more than these 2 which  coincidentally   just  happen to be in my bag now ,  also helps when  im hitting them as  well as anything  ive  ever  hit and so   consistantly ,  it wud be hard to repalce these.  thats my   best 1 yr combo ,chase up to  long 5s witht  t he 14*   and the 17.5  up  to long 4s ,  shafted with no mickey mouse shafts  either,    seriously  tuff sticks! 

as other combos  i cud go the

13*  ryoma  +  17*  egg spoon   for perfect sunnu summer days on flat, sydney  drought grass
14* crazy fw + RC j104 18*  for sodden  rainy tropical  sludge grass
15* TEE  + 18* prgr nabla  tour for hideously  typhoonesque windy  days.

UTE/DRIVING IRON-

ARRRRRAAAAA.... virtually impossible to spit these.  HONMA twu 21* with  crazy ut shaft   OR the fourteen ut716   21* with diamana  stinger  70xx. the honma is much more workable and much better feeling , but the fourteen is my go to club these days,   fourteen is longer , honma more precise, taking the pepsi id go the  fouteen bec i cant take it out of my  bag right now. nad its a bit less theatical.

honourabloe mention   royal colelction cvXer 21* as a point shoot  uts theres nothing i can imagine  that comes  close NOT a distance club what so ever , its  100%  all about ease and straight precision.

IRONS-

right, How long we got ???
theres NO wrong decision here   but as an all rounder set  for 1 year no changes  in a 14 club bag  out of these !?!?!?!?!?!?!

EPON AFTOUR
YAMAHA TOUR 2010
PRGR TR500
HONMA TW 727M
MASDA MB
MIURAISM SB-01

yea it was  either  the  tr500s or the epon af tours  and as ive ben gravitating to   the  prgrs way more  than anything else last 3-4 years i gotta think its them. they  have the thin sole with mid thin topline, rounded profile for ALL conds  equally at home on flat as in dense faiwrway  plus   a feel that is second to none, workable , mid/high launch and a look that  IMO  is the best  there  is , id haft them with .................................NS super peening orange, staright enough not to get blown away, heavy    enough  not to get to airy  and launch high enough to play in most conds with  minimal  compromise.

yup happy with those.

WEDGES-

good lord....................................
syard bold, prgr multi forged SQP, tourstage x wedge, yamaha raw,  prgr nabla tou,yonex ezone chiba, tourstage maru,and on and n and on...   i mean right...all of them no problems at all.  the yamaha raws are rediculous but for heavy ground  i  tend to dig them occasionally  but spin????? nothing elike em....  the bolds   pretty much the the oppostie on soggy grounds nothing competes,,NOTHING!!!  but on  firm then they slide way back and hte prgrs multi forged with big  fat bounce  and on set.  or   the set of yonex ezones are like scalpels   but as its a  one set for year on all courses ,. no replacments  then its gota be a split set . so id drop the PW  and add the honma 48  then as follows....

48*---- honma  w015

52*----tourstage xwedge  forged black SQP

56*---yamaha black raw

lw----62* fourteen mt-28v5  proto

this combo i think gives me the versatility id want for everything.

BALLS-

bridestone Bxs, everyhing else, not even close.........................

KAMUI PRO TP-07/DIAMANA X 60X
ROYAL COLLECTION 403 /DIAMANAX 70X
KAMUI PRO TP-XT /CRAZY FW 7.4

FOURTEEN UT716 21*/DIAMANA STINGER 70XX
PRGR TR 500/NS SU ORANGE S  5/9I
HONMA W105  48*
TOURSATGE XWEDE SQP 52*
YAMAHA RAW 45*
FOURTEEN MT28 PROTO  V5  62*
ODYSSEY EXO
BRIDGESTONE BXs 

all wrapped up in a KINOSHOHAMPU carry  med.

i cud  d that onad prob only  want for others on  very seldom occasions.

et vous ?

Well, this is a bit difficult, as you know. If I start with what I've played my best golf with. Ever, then the bag would look like this:

-Tad Moore titanium driver, green head, size of a persimmon wood. Grafalloy prototype shaft in matte black with no info on it. Felt and performed well.

-Mizuno T-Zoid 3-wood with a Super Exar Gold 100-s shaft

-Callaway Big Bertha 1-iron with ASD X shaft

-Titleist DCI-b 3-p (not the DCI 962-b, but the first version) - Rifle 6.5

-Snake Eyes hand made 54 + 60

-Tad Moore Pro 1X custom

Average tournament score of a tad over par for the season in 1998. Best score -7, 65 with one ball OB.

But that was in ancient times and things change drastically. Thus today - if I had to put one bag together for next year that I had to stick to it would look something like this:

-Baldo 438H driver with Tensei 1k Orange 50x (not built it yet but know it will play beautifully)

-Titleist TSR 2+ 3-wood with Kuro Kage 60s (same as above)

-Epon 901 19* with a shaft I forgot the name of

-Epon P3 with Oban CT-115 shafts in about x flex. Perhaps not the best irons I ever played, but they are super true to the swing I put on them. 

-SDJ proto 115 50/56 with Modus 130 (your leftovers Stu) - best shape of any wedge I've ever tried

-Seven ST 61 Modus 125 

-Benock Panthaleon center shaft - confidence inspiring through and through

As for the bag that would carry the clubs - I'd use the sturdy Epon white/red stand bag with the Epon dog that I've used most of this year. 

I change from Titleist Pro V1 to Pro V1x from day to day. Love the feel of the non x, but the flight with the x is slightly better for me, so it'll have to be it.

Glove? Titleist Player's.

Marker - an old Roman coin bought at auction. Had to replace the silver dollar that I lost with something fun.

Average score these days. About 78 or so..

i  strongly considered some my super old bags  aswell....

i have2 callway woods  both still in play , one of them my  old  sparing partner  " " le baron"  calls the best club in the world, a  callway big bertha red black and white ,MASSIVE oval face 5w with matrix  red ozik  60s in it,  ive CRUSED him in nasau so many times with it  , my  other bud   now has it , wont give it back and one ive  reshafted  and play ,  the erc fusion, i  put an NS steel fw shaft s in it , its like frozen rope  in wind, fahhged abarrrrrt it..!!! 

the other irons are my mizuno  TN93 cavity mbs... i love playing these,  i used to hit these so well, just benched them over time,  still in absolute immaculate cond.  found a set of  sw,aw a while back i added   so  now have the set 3-pw,aw,sw .

ahhh and speaking of long irons...
check tthese,  they are in my bags a lot when i practice, and on links i take the 2 iron out bec i can stil lkill this, the 1 is either lights OUT or   oh god that hit the tree behind me... !

if i was to go proper old school with a PROPER GOLF SET of clubs   ...........
2i   ping
3i- prgr speed iron 
4i- ping speed iron
5-9  miuraism sb-01
pw - honma w105p
wedges as above.  those SDJ i forgot about, loved them but thier shape wasnt suited to me,  the yonex ezone are a more angluar version of those hence they took thier spot , but for rounded  wedges the SDJ were(are) mint.
brass 1i

20220526_103031.jpg

20221014_095244.jpg

20221014_100816.jpg

20221014_100733.jpg

Edited by supo