My Fourteen JC 371 is gone!

Couldn't hit a fairway yesterday and my buddy hit 2 shots with it - smoked it - loved it. Instead of chucking it into the lake, I told him to make me an offer. He did, I sold, that's that...

Stupid game - lol

I may regret it but there's always something on the horizon! Right now I managed to get a Srixon Tour (I believe) W302, square face, 8.5*. Has a Fuji 661 stiff but I'm going to install the S-Trixx I just received from JK! Awaiting either a Srixon W404 conforming or the the new Titty (I know it will be a long wait).

Go RED SOX! :cool:

Hah, that's a great story.  That happens to me too.  I get pissed and don't even want to look at a club anymore.  Bye bye.

Might be the first club I ever end up missing but I sold it for the price I paid new :cool:

Almost chucked a couple of good irons into the valleys as well :surprize:

Just kidding - I don't chuck clubs - especially when they cost so much!

Srixon W302 is a hidden gem - great with 661. Hoping the S-Trixx plays a little tighter and if not, going with a GD W60. One thing abou the Fourteen is that I'm hooked on the GD W70 (I assume W60 will play similar).

Now if I could only get my Gold's factory wedges back! Been in Japan for 3 weeks getting a satin finish and, hopefully, duller grooves.

If all that don't work, I think i'll stick to Backgammon...

W404????

From what Chris has said it is all the rave. But I am surprised you dumped the JC...seemed like you could hold on to it for more than a year  :whistle:

What can I say - bad day - buddy loved it - good price - no brainer. There'll be other drivers in my life :D

I hear since they have opened up the 10 courses that the upkeep is suffering and they arent in very good condition any more.

But if you are going again let me know and i will follow a few flights behind and pick up your "thrown" clubs, the airmuscles would look good in my bag.

:wink:

All as I can say for you Tai is your a sick HO!!!! :-) Hope your Callaway clubs with lots of offset help you . LOL :D

Tai, sorry to hear the 371 wasn't working for you, but I've been there to man. When the TM 500 series came out I picked up a R510 (the 330cc head not the TP), I was so frustrated with the thing on the course one day I gave it away to one of my buddies.

Something to think about with respect to GD shafts for your new W404 is the GD CP-02, as far as I'm concerned this is the best kept secret in the Graphite Design line. Extremely low torque, but with an excellent smooth active feel, just and outstanding shaft. I played it in my R510 TP and now in my R7 TP and the results have been amazing, I'm hitting 80 to 90 percent of my fairways. But not just hitting them but putting it where I want it, the control and feel the CP-02 shaft imparts to your swing is something I've never experienced with any other shaft I've tested.

Joe Kwok is the man when it comes to CP-02's, he usually has at least a couple of these bad boys in stock, although I think I may have depleted his inventory somewhat, I have 3 extra CP-02's just incase they stop making them. Well just something to consider, take care and best of luck with the new Drivers.

Tai, sorry to hear the 371 wasn't working for you, but I've been there to man. When the TM 500 series came out I picked up a R510 (the 330cc head not the TP), I was so frustrated with the thing on the course one day I gave it away to one of my buddies.

Something to think about with respect to GD shafts for your new W404 is the GD CP-02, as far as I'm concerned this is the best kept secret in the Graphite Design line. Extremely low torque, but with an excellent smooth active feel, just and outstanding shaft. I played it in my R510 TP and now in my R7 TP and the results have been amazing, I'm hitting 80 to 90 percent of my fairways. But not just hitting them but putting it where I want it, the control and feel the CP-02 shaft imparts to your swing is something I've never experienced with any other shaft I've tested.

Joe Kwok is the man when it comes to CP-02's, he usually has at least a couple of these bad boys in stock, although I think I may have depleted his inventory somewhat, I have 3 extra CP-02's just incase they stop making them. Well just something to consider, take care and best of luck with the new Drivers.

Well, funny thing is that it was working for me - just not that day. The JC371 is an amazing driver but I had to give into to my urge to trade and the opportunity presented itself. I'm not playing the W404 but the older W302 - got a Tour head w/ square face. I won't be interested in trying the W404 unless they some day release a square-faced conforming model.

Thanks for the heads up on the CP-02. Have read many good reviews on the shaft yet have never hit one myself. Have you tried the W60 or W70? If yes, could you compare them to the CP-02? For a smooth tempo swing, I have been extremely impressed with the W70 and plan on reshafting the W302 with either the W70 or W60.

Unless something catches my eye during the next phase of product launches over the winter and spring, the W302 will keep the driver slot warm until the new Titleist driver hits the shelves.

All as I can say for you Tai is your a sick HO!!!!   :-)  Hope your Callaway clubs with lots of offset help you . LOL  :D

I'm getting the same irons as YOU just bought :-)

LOL :nos**t: :punch:

Tai, sorry I've never played the W-60 or W-70, but I have heard they are excellent shafts. What makes the CP-02 so unique, is the fact it has a torque rating (2.0) lower than the GD I-65, but with the soft tip, it works well with my tempo, which is smooth. In the past it seemed every shaft I found with a very low torque rating felt like a 2x4, the CP-02 is the only shaft I've tested that seems to have the best of both worlds.

Tai, sorry I've never played the W-60 or W-70, but I have heard they are excellent shafts. What makes the CP-02 so unique, is the fact it has a torque rating (2.0) lower than the GD I-65, but with the soft tip, it works well with my tempo, which is smooth. In the past it seemed every shaft I found with a very low torque rating felt like a 2x4, the CP-02 is the only shaft I've tested that seems to have the best of both worlds.

I've played the GD I-65 and it's also a smooth shaft in spite of the low torque rating. Is the CP-02 still in production or is this the last remaining stock? Another GD that I have liked in the past is the YS8.1 - great value shaft.

Tai, I know Graphite Design Japan produced it exclusively for the retailer "Golf Design Concepts" in Japan. I still see the CP-02 on their site:

http://www.concept-inc.co.jp/products/shaf...d/index.html#cp

But it very well might be that GD is not producing this shaft any longer and Golf Design is just selling the stock they have. Joe could answer that question.

I play the YS 8.1 in my GBB II 3 wood and your right, its' an excellent shaft at a very reasonable price.