i havent gotten it done yet. ive been pondering the idea for awhile. but it just costs so much. i currently wear glasses and i hate them. i want contacts but the eye surgery would be better. we have a renowned laser eye surgery guy here, dr. tayfor who is one of the bet from what i hear. hes done many athletes eyes and has gotten great reviews and ppl praise him. one problem, i heard that u have trouble seeing at night sometimes. i cant confirm that bc i havent gotten it done. i want to though

i havent gotten it done yet. ive been pondering the idea for awhile. but it just costs so much. i currently wear glasses and i hate them. i want contacts but the eye surgery would be better. we have a renowned laser eye surgery guy here, dr. tayfor who is one of the bet from what i hear. hes done many athletes eyes and has gotten great reviews and ppl praise him. one problem, i heard that u have trouble seeing at night sometimes. i cant confirm that bc i havent gotten it done. i want to though

It is about Cdn 800 per eye here in Taiwan. I think even people with 20/20 vision have trouble driving at night. I believe LASIK corrects nearsightedness (myopia), but not astigmatism. Therefore, wearing those driving glasses at night should help significantly.

I have been putting it off for 3 years. Seen many people got them done but still haven't done so myself.

i use glasses bc i cant see far away, im blind,lmao. its annoying when im playing golf in the sun. i wanna wear sun glasses, but when i put them on and take my glasses off, i have trouble seeing the ball when it gets about 100 yards away, maybe farther. so i wanna get contacts or this done. right now contacts is obviously the cheaper choice. but i have to wait till about february/march

i use glasses bc i cant see far away, im blind,lmao. its annoying when im playing golf in the sun. i wanna wear sun glasses, but when i put them on and take my glasses off, i have trouble seeing the ball when it gets about 100 yards away, maybe farther. so i wanna get contacts or this done. right now contacts is obviously the cheaper choice. but i have to wait till about february/march

I wear daily disposables when I play golf. Throw them away after the 19th hole.

Does anyone know what the fallback rate to glasses is? I would hate to have the surgery and have to go back to glasses or contacts in 5 years.

And I think that my Dr told me, the new LASIK procedure can correct astigmatism, but I can't remember if he said all or some.

I had it done 6 years ago. I went from 1050 nearsighted to 275 nearsighted in my right eye. I could've had "touch ups" done to get it lower but it was scary when the doctor flips the retina over to use the laser. You are actually blind at that point.....I was like what if either one of us sneeze? I'm happy right now. I still wear glasses everyday. I used to wear contacts from when I woke up to just before sleeping. I wear contacts now just for sports activities including golf. Now I don't have to wear contacts through out the day I can now use normal glasses throughout the day instead of contacts or 1/2" glasses. Only one eye because I have a "lazy"/legally blind left eye that was complicated by a detached retina. That has a lot of complications for my game.

1. Depth preception especially short shots and while putting.

2. Keep wanting to "peek" from my good eye, makes me want to come out of a shot.

3. Alignment problems all the time. I keep aiming right on full shots and keep pushing short putts.

But I love this game.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo, I'll chime in...

I was -7.3 before the surgery, now I am 20/8. I have no loss of nightvision and actually think my eyes might be stronger due to the less straining. One of the best decisions I have ever made. I had the "wavefront" lasik. Recovery in about 2-3 days, total healing is 3-5 weeks.

If you have any questions, PM me...

God Bless

Jer