Nippon and Rifle comparisons?

springbok2712

I have the 950's in some ping s59 tours and I love them. I am 36 and I heard the shaft was for old people, no way(unless I'm old). No vibration, very very solid,Brought my ballflight up just a hair but I can beat balls forever or play all day without my arms dragging. Very light If you have not felt them it is a noticeable difference .Hope this helps.Greg

I have a set of NS Pro 950s in my Z101s. I went from DGS300s to Project X 6.0s and then to the NS Pro 950s. The low weight of the shafts make an unbelievable difference to me. I'm about 5 to 7 yards longer with each iron because of the difference in weight has enabled me to have a higher swing speed. I'm seriously considering changing out the Rifle 6.0 shafts in my fairway woods for some light Nippon shafts.

Nippon steel makes some great shafts and so does rifle.

The ease of use factor would go to the nippons, they will get the ball up higher, easier with less effort IMO.

now there are rifles in Japan that have very similar characteristics that many in the U.S have never seen:

Rifle 90 R=90g、S=93g

rifle-90_2.gif

Rifle SuperLite 85 R=83g、S=85g、X=87g

super_lite_85_2.gif

Rifle 100 R=100g S=103g X=105g

rifle-100_2.gif

Diamond Rifle R=106g、RS=108g、S=111g、X=116g

diamond_2.gif

Enjoy your choices :smile1:

Those diamonds look like they could be a guy's best friend!  Hey I should patent that before they take it  :laugh:  

What's the point of the diamonds Chris?  Just for show?

http://www.precision-japan.co.jp/shaft/cut...fles/index.html

I dont know to be honest..

The only Nippon I have found to be as accurate as the PX6.0 is the NS1050 X-flex. The best shaft IMO for a heavy head wedge is the NS850.

I also really enjoy 1050X in FW's or the S flex 850 in a Driver.

I was just wondering how the two brands compare as I have been recomended to go from using Rifle 6.0 to either Nippon 950 or 1050 shafts in my irons, from looking at the specs of each there is around a thirty gram difference in the weight of the shafts what are the likely effects of such a large drop?

Nick

I have only ever hit Rifles in demos but I play the 1050's (hardstepped S) in my ironsand really like them.

Just a couple of things to bear in mind in addition to what the above posters have added. The 1050's play a little softer so you would need to be looking at the X rather than an S to equate to 6.0 in a Rifle. Mine are harstepped once and I reckon they equate to 5.7/5.8.

Apart from that the lighter weight will increase your SS, they do tend to hit higer with a more pronounced load than the rifles. They also feel a lot smoother.

I think Rifles make swinging hard work, not so with the Nippons. Enjoy. :wink:

I have 1050 in 2 of my wedge's and really like them . So much so in fact was going to order a set for the rest of my irons .

Then I found out that I would be needing 3/4" butt extensions in the rest of my clubs to get them to my playing length and was informed by Joe that would not be a good idea with these shafts .

Needless to say they will not be maikng an apperance in my bag . :sad:

bigdawg is right about the discrepancy between flexes: I'd say the PX 5.0 and the NS Pro 1050 S play about the same in flex: 5.3/5.4, though the trajectory and feel are very different.

Jeff

Just had my newly acquired MP-27s with Nippon 1090 Stiffs bounced and the results were interesting. The 5-iron CPM'd 287(5" clamp, Digiflex) and the 8-iron bounced around 300CPM(forgot exact #)....that's an Equalized 3.6 and 4.0 which is Senior(A) flex!

I'm glad I was buying for the heads and not the shafts because I'd be ticked if my "new" shafts bounced 2 flexes soft. Really nice feeling shaft and seems to be high quality, but they need to adjust their flex rating/marking system, imo.

Next.....Dynamic Gold SL. ;)