2005 Royal Collection.....collection

TourSpecGolfer

Royal Collection had a huge booth at the Golf Fair. They were showing off their new CB's, new FW, and the new adjustable conforming Driver. These Irons have been over a year in the making. Some of you may remember the pics from the 2004 show when these were still in proto mode.

I asked RC the question about how heads are leaking into the U.S and they know about this problem and told me it is because their factory in China discounts flawed product against their wishes. They said there is no Tour Issue RC's only prototypes and retails with different weights and face angles also I was told there are many defects on ebay. RC doesn't sell heads only. Only to Sonartec and in the Sonartec name. I also found out somthing very interesting in regards to Sonartec vs RC. they are made with the same materials but the Sonartecs are more closed than the RC's, they said this is due to the grass in the U.S being harder to hit from and thicker. I was able to hit the RC driver, I could be getting one. Im not usually a big fan of RC but this driver feels wickedly solid at impact and flys hot, even the US spec model. I dont need to adjust the weights at all I love it just the way it is. BTW TSG is in there with RC now and can request custom face angles. It takes time and costs closer to retail, but just another perk of being a TSG member.

standard?pictid={C3558C1E-3F9F-4D32-9E6E-959077FC887E}&exp=f&moddt=38408.9238318056

standard?pictid={688E8D7A-FDCF-4579-B5A5-E75CBA2B8180}&exp=f&moddt=38408.9240893287

standard?pictid={57F8113D-432A-4D69-8BB7-5B7CDB71D147}&exp=f&moddt=38408.9243623958

standard?pictid={BDF0F7B9-3C66-4E26-9203-5C48197D080B}&exp=f&moddt=38408.9232454977

standard?pictid={B3B80C61-F26A-416E-AA17-DD001EB9B9C1}&exp=f&moddt=38408.9209192477

standard?pictid={CDE502ED-3C1E-4E48-B5B1-9B16F1F30A55}&exp=f&moddt=38408.9203685764

But that driver is so damn costly with the GD shaft. Any chance to negotiate a better deal with them? Also, tell us more about the irons and any custom options?

You can try negotiating a better deal with them. The irons only have custom shaft options.

Chris,

you know where the Cv Pro driver head is forged at? I heard rumors that its not China but in Japan!?? :-D

Chris,

you know where the Cv Pro driver head is forged at? I heard rumors that its not China but in Japan!?? :-D

Them rumors are wrong, I was told its all made in China, I am told RC has a huge problem with Non authorized heads shipping to the U.S from the factory. Its the growing trend recently... :wah: When I asked about the heads on ebay they said the only company that gets heads only is sonartec and if there are brand new heads only of RC its not authentic, they said they make no Tour Issue FW's its all retail spec'd out for the pro's so be careful of anyone who tells you they got a Tour BBD head for sale.

Those CBs look really nice and understated, any chance of a shot from address?

Video coming soon sir.... but here are some pics to hold you over:

standard?pictid={84766134-66BF-468D-9645-CAD9FB153D15}&exp=f&moddt=38410.5238447454

standard?pictid={993D239A-DF71-4046-826E-91F6F23C7DC0}&exp=f&moddt=38410.5243679282

standard?pictid={732597DC-A6D0-4892-8DF0-4373D97B74E9}&exp=f&moddt=38410.5248781018

standard?pictid={4A8C7C11-A532-4DCE-9AF9-71BF5AF15FDD}&exp=f&moddt=38410.5251354514

Chris,

Them rumors are wrong, I was told its all made in China, I am told RC has a huge problem with Non authorized heads shipping to the U.S from the factory. Its the growing trend recently... :wah: When I asked about the heads on ebay they said the only company that gets heads only is sonartec and if there are brand new heads only of RC its not authentic, they said they make no Tour Issue FW's its all retail spec'd out for the pro's so be careful of anyone who tells you they got a Tour BBD head for sale.

I saw a pic(on another site, which you probably know of) of what claims to be a "tour" head Royal Collection BBD type H 14* three wood. Are you saying that it is definitely not a "tour" club, and is just being sold as such? If that is the case, I don't know who to believe anymore...this was easier when I just liked retail stuff. :smile2:

Chris,

I saw a pic(on another site, which you probably know of) of what claims to be a "tour" head Royal Collection BBD type H 14* three wood. Are you saying that it is definitely not a "tour" club, and is just being sold as such? If that is the case, I don't know who to believe anymore...this was easier when I just liked retail stuff. :smile2:

I was told there is no Tour Issue RC's.

I was told by the top guy at RC they don't make different heads for the tour, they don't stamp them different and all the pro's get is a hand picked head from the retail batch.

Any so called Tour Issue's they claim are coming from the factory in China, they don't sell heads only to anyone except sonartec.