Top 6 in the World

blazeevan

After watching the first few weeks of the season I am convinced that there are 6 players in the world that are head and shoulders above the rest. Tiger, Phil, Ernie, Reteif, Vijay are solid top 5 and pulling away. I think that David Toms is right there with those guys. Those six are the class of mens golf.

Sergio can't putt. Period. He may have a streak for one round, maybe two, but he is a weak with the flat blade. He can't putt at age 20, or even to this day.

He goes through putters like a drunk goes through bar stools. He has too much tension over the ball whether it be a five iron or a putter. He re-grips a lot less than he used to but he has too much going on with his swing. His right knee moves and bows out laterally during the backswing. This flaw helps him generate power in his loopy swing, but offers inconsistent results and his head rises and falls during the swing.

The right knee bows and moves, he has a little, tiny reverse pivot (so did Hogan though) at the top. He certainly has a nice downswing plane and lag. He cannot, imho, with all of this and being so weak with the putter, ever be #1 in the World. He may grab a major one day, until then, at the age of 25, he has 5 PGA TOur victories.

In 2005 on the PGA Tour, he ranks 184th in Putts per round,. Yes, 184th, THAT IS DEAD LAST. He ranks 180th in Birdie-Conversion Percentage (meaning he cannot put/putt the ball in the hole) and very oddly, he ranks 7th on Scoring Average before the Cut, yet ranks 150th in Scoring Average After the Cut. His scoring numbers before the cut and after the cut are so strange, he can't surge (pun intended) ahead when others shoot for the pin on the weekend and even if he is near the pin, he cannot putt (last on the Tour).

He ranks 127th on Par Three Birdie Leaders and 154th on Par Five Birdie Leaders. His driver is weak but the best part of his game in 2005, he ranks 12th in distance yet 127th in accuracy. Jay Haas is twice his age and much better, he has a sound swing and a decent putter. When I see Sergio endorse his putter ball in the back of the magazines, I laugh. Sergio has Seve Ballesteros Disease. 'S.B.D runs on chutzpah, ego, emotions, flair and flails when the going gets rough. He lost a lot of fan base at Bethpage when he whined as it rained, "They'd stop play if Tiger was out here."

Sorry for picking on Sergio. I just do not care for him. Padraig Harrington, Adam Scott, DL3, Toms, Furyk (ugly swing but boy can he putt), Justin Rose or Kevin Na, Shigeki, Jiminez and DiMarco (don't stare at the swing but again another great putter)...all names who might be # 6 or 7....imo

Scott on occasion but far and away the 6 I mentioned are starting to pull away. Look how early in the year it is and Phil, Tiger, Vijay, and David have 6 combined wins on the PGA Tour. Ernie has two seconds and a win in Dubi and Reteif is contending but has not won. Just look at Doral, 5 of the 6 I mentioned finished in the top 10. Ernie who was not there won his third Dubi Open. don't forget that Tiger has played that tournament on numerous occasions.

Don't be surprised if these 6 win all 4 majors and the Players this year.

Top 5 are all solid, 6-10 is a toss up. I notice that Weir through his inconsistent play is now sitting at #11,

Any one in the top 10 could make the jump. I thinks Toms or Cink could wrap that up.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.aspx?pa...13201&select=19

Top 5 are all solid, 6-10 is a toss up. I notice that Weir through his inconsistent play is now sitting at #11,

Any one in the top 10 could make the jump. I thinks Toms or Cink could wrap that up.

I agree with the Toms part but i also think Scott is getting close to being a top 5 golfer.

I wish David Duval was worth anything. I liked watching him play!

Hunter

As much as I love watching great golf, I'm tired of hearing and seeing the same 4 guys on TV on every broadcast. And it's only MARCH.

Anyhow, I'd love to see Weir and Ames both in the top 10. Ames is so underrated, he's only won once and yet is still 20 in the world. Says a lot about his consistency.

i agree. but right now u can really see tiger and phil going at it. vijays one once but hasnt done much since. same with ernie. finally broke through. david toms is playing well.

I don't know how you can say that about Vijay. He does have one win this year which up until Sunday was the same as Tiger. Also he did finish third on Sunday. I still think that Vijay will either finish first or second in number of wins.

Scott is not near the top five. He is closest to Toms but not that close. He needs a multiple win season and be at or around the lead a lot more than he is.

the top 5 is solid and being an australian I'd love to see scott up there and sorry for this bias call but I hope Rod Pamling makes the top ten I play at the club he started his apprenticeship I think his still a memebr and I'm a friend of his Dad's.

Go Rod!

He goes through putters like a drunk goes through bar stools.  

Hey, i resent that!! I've used the same stool for the past 5 years!

NOOOOOORRRRRMMMMM!!!!!!!

How the hell are ya?

How's Cliff and Sam