Lehman Box toes

Check out the following sites and make your own decisions. http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=g...   http://carlsbadconfidential.com/2005/02/finally.html This was posted by a TM dealer? These sites contain 12 pages and give links even to products on ebay that have been sold.

O ok misunderstood thanks for the info though everyone

Hunter

TM DOESN'T MAKE box toe lehmans........THE TOUR VANS DO!

The box toe lehman's are nothing but forged 300 heads with a grinded down toe area and some grinding on the sole. All done by the tour van.

100% false. You need to do a little research before you make ridiculous statements

champx2 if you will pm or email me with mailing address I will mail the contents of the forums to you. Alot of these young golfers think that buying a tour club will improve the swing and game they possess rather than practice and hard work.

The box toe lehman's are nothing but forged 300 heads with a grinded down toe area and some grinding on the sole. All done by the tour van.

This is a ridiculous statement.. The Box Toes are not ground in the tour van...

• 2 weeks later...

100% false. You need to do a little research before you make ridiculous statements

thankx for replying JC...i almost had a heart attack when i read that, some guys have no idea what the hell they are talking about but shout it from the highest mountain tops !!!!!

class pics joey! the satin in the box toes looks awesome!

they must be done in the forgin factory in a mold all of their own...they look to perfect to be a tour van job!

:cool: to the box toes! 300 series probably my fav iron!

Thanks!

Let me put it this way, The job description in the tour van is "work quickly without making big mistakes" and " Know what to say and not to say".

Different Mold? No , I don't think so!!! Doesn't make sense and to damn expensive to make a different die for every one of them (2-PW).

It's the same mold but the master grinder took over right after the raw forging and grind it according to the instruction and samples that the TM tour dept want to get the right spec they want it to be and finish it there and ship them to a tour dept.

Imagine this particular customer want me to copy the grind and i only lost a few grams.

Cheers!

Joe :cool:

OK

J Kwok are you saying that the BT is a grind (Done, be it in the Tour VAn or at In the Tour Deptartment?)

The way I am reading this is that the BT does not have its own mold?

Who knows where exactly on The first prototype Box Toe made.

I wouldn't be surprise if it originally made in the tour dept or Lehman's garage.

What ever it is, after they got the prototype, I'm sure they send it to the master grinder to copy them base on the prototype and finished it there too. I've never seen any refinish place In the US did a satin finish like Japan or basically in Asia ( China ). US satin finish style is a brush wheel after plated. You can feel an obvious grain and no shine to it versus most of Japan issue satin finish is slick and shiny but yet no glare.

I'm sure If you understand how a forged carbon steel club process from a piece of steel rod to a shinny finish golf club, you'll understand why it's only one "DIE" for these retail and BT. Plus if you know exactly how much to make a complete set of DIE ( 2-PW at least ), you'll say "I see" :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money:

The role of Master grinder is very important IMO, No way these guy can learn and master it quickly . IMO they are the artist of shaping a club head. The good one can even manipulate the angle to fool our eyes.

Cheers!

Joe

champx2 if you will pm or email me with mailing address I will mail the contents of the forums to you. Alot of these young golfers think that buying a tour club will improve the swing and game they possess rather than practice and hard work.

Why not just post a link to the web page???