Lehman Box toes

Here how it look on miura head when it just came out of the DIE and attach the hosel. This head in average have about 10 grams extra weight that need to be grind off to shape them properly and cosistenly. That is why if you see the BT grind has slightly thicker perimeter to compensate the toe grind weight lose.

custom-grind1

Here how a Die look like:

process_tanzoukata.gif

And here the look step by step:

process_henka01.gifprocess_henka02.gifprocess_henka03.gifprocess_henka04.gifprocess_henka05.gifprocess_henka06.gifprocess_henka07.gifprocess_henka08.gifprocess_henka09.gif

Joe :cool:

I am with you Joe

I understand the Die process! I used to be in the business. The cost is why there aren't many lefty versions available unless a company knows it will be worth it to creat that Cast or Die!(Be able to sell a certain # of sets to make it worth while)

Thanks for the Pic Sweet!

OK another ?

Are all BT Satin? :o

So far yes!

Sorry but not even close. I know Joe has worked on at least two satin sets but the majority are chrome.

The comparison pics are great and actually make the models appear more similar than they really are. The clubs look very different in person. I need to mic them as well. I think the cavity is more shallow on the box toe and the top line is certainly thicker. I would be surprised to find out it was not a different head compared to the std 300 forged.

Regardless, the 300 box toe is the best forged players CB of all time IMHO

OK another ?

So far yes!

Sorry but not even close. I know Joe has worked on at least two satin sets but the majority are chrome.

You are right! I've worked around 6 sets, so far only satin that i got.

You should sold more than i worked on. LMAO! :laugh:

OK another ?

So far yes!

You are right! I've worked around 6 sets, so far only satin that i got.

You should sold more than i worked on. LMAO! :laugh:

Probably right on the mark. I still have 3 sets that I will admit to. :laugh:

Ric,

I am with you on this one. I understood that casted clubs are the ones with the molds and Forged are Pounded into shape during extremely high temps. UNLESS MIURA/TM's forged irons are actually forged cast irons, which are originally made from a cast and then pounded into the forged setting. My experience with differences between forged and cast comes from automotive engine parts so I could be way off on the process with golf clubs, but I would think casting is casting and forging is forging no matter what subject matter you are dealing with.

From what I have seen with the BT 300 forged, there has been much more chrome BT's available than the Satin ones. Unless people with the satins just don't want to get rid of them (understandable).

I've had 4 sets..3 were chrome and 1 was satin(that did end up at JK's for blueprinting by the buyer)

I don't know if this means anything else other than I've been in Ho mode for way too long and didn't keep any :whistle:

I've had 4 sets..3 were chrome and 1 was satin(that did end up at JK's for blueprinting by the buyer)

I don't know if this means anything else other than I've been in Ho mode for way too long and didn't keep any :whistle:

4 sets, that's all? Seems like you had more! :smile2:

I had 2 sets of box toes(maybe 3?), they do set up nicely. Both of them chrome but I had Brian's satin set briefly before passing them on to him. Here's a picture of that satin BT that eventually went to JK for a blueprinting job at a later date.

5i.JPG

5iface.JPG