Real or Fake Scotty?

aussiefreddy

Guys need your help,

This guy is trying to sell me this putter, apparaently this was designed by a PGA Player he used to caddy for he says this is a one of a kind putter.

There is a T stamped on the back of the putter but no sole stamping it looks to me like a SC Coronado but what do you think is this the Real Deal or a Fakey.

Whats got me worried is that I've never seen just CAMERON stamped on the face of the putter.

cameronsole.jpg

cameronrview.jpg

cameron3.jpg

cameron.jpg[/img]

It's hard to tell. Sometimes scotty will stamp just cameron when there is no room for anything else. I've seen faxdays and coronado's with just cameron stamped. Usually the best way to tell is the titleist in the cavity. This one could go either way. On one hand it looks engraved b/c it's perfectly centered, on the other hand some pics make it look like there's mushrooming around the edges, and the script also looks 'thinner' than the engraving font, which looks bold. The other things that make it look tour is the blank sole and the lack of sightline, all the retail catalina's had sightlines. I say if it's around $300 take the gamble.

If it is under 400 I would buy it if it gets much more expensive than that beware.

If you can find a good welder you can have him pretty much erase every marking on a putter I have looked into it, it does cost a littel but it can be done. All the have to do is fill the stampings refinish it and the engrave it with whatever they want.

My .02

Looks sweet though I would pay 400 for it

DA

Oiamsobuff would know a heckuva lot more about these then me, but that face stamping looks a little questionable. The font size looks to be a little large. I wouldn't pay too much for it. There are a lot of other collectible Camerons in the $400 price range that you can find and be sure on their authenticity.

If there is no rush on purchasing it, I'd send the pictures to Scotty to see if he can verify it or if the seller doesn't mind, send the whole putter in for an authenticity certificate. Who know's....you might be sitting on a goldmine. Good luck!

I would NEVER sell a club with pix that bad. If he cant give you good pics to start with, he is probably trying to hide something. Personally, it looks like an altered retail putter to me. Just my 2 cents,

Steve

:smile2:

The face stamps could be real, check a000282

If it's welded up, he'd have to weld the sightline too, and that would erase the line that runs perpendicular to the sightline and lengthwise across the head when he grinds the sightline weld smooth. (the line I'm talking about is the one created when the bumpers are milled)

classic_catalina_96_lg2.jpg

fake. the cameron would be straight. definetly fake. no question about it. i would buy it thouigh, if u dont like it, tell someone else it is real, they wont know. then u can sell it

Vokester - please tell me you are not suggesting what I think you are suggesting! :mad: :spit:

The other things that make it look tour is the blank sole and the lack of sightline

i dont no just cuz theres no sightline doesnt mean its a tour i have a newport terillium with no sight line or dot. id just ask the guy some qestions and if is answers r bulls**t just tell him to go f**k himself.

• 2 weeks later...
fake. the cameron would be straight. definetly fake. no question about it. i would buy it thouigh, if u dont like it, tell someone else it is real, they wont know. then u can sell it

Wow, great idea "vokester". Remind me to do business with you in the future. You might as well change your name right now. Unbelievable! :fever:

I lost out but I know the guy who bought it and I asked him to send me pics when he gets it so far no pics so I'm thinking he got screwed over also Scotty never got back to me so I was very hesitant in going too high on the price I think it sold for $300.

But I have bought another toy a Scotty Cameron Newport Beach x3 black finish 340g head with no sightline or alignment dot direct from Japan. I think for the price it's a better buy that buying a 50/50 authentic putter.