Painting Shafts

golfin4pph

I tell you what guys, I will give it a try. Cosmic Airbrush the same company who did lord Vader's X-Drive said it for sure can be done its just how will it hold up after the shaft flex's a thousand times.

We will see and I will keep you posted on the results and the process.

I like the idea, i think if you had a paint type that was slightly flexable ( or in other words, one that wasn't too rigid and easy to crack) it would difninatey work. You need the right paint is all. I'll ask at Golf Town in Edmonton if they've evr had this done for one of their customers or if it is possible. I'd think you'd have to use the same type or paint that is used to paint the shaft when it comes in stock. Also, many shafts will have a protectant that makes the shaft feel smooth. I'd give it a try, if i had the right place to do it, the right materials, and a couple of test shafts that i could do.

for do it yourselfers... you could use plastic paint... krylon makes one. this is a more "flexible" paint and actually bonds itself to plastic and plastic type materials chemically. they say no sanding... but for best results, lightly wet-sand the shaft. then apply the desired paint in light layers. 2-4 applications lightly should be plenty. Next... apply 2 - 3 light clear coat layers. the more clear, the "deeper" the color will appear.

i have a feeling that any good quality paint when applied lightly will work just fine.

I still think that the best way to ensure that it stays on is to find out what the shaft companies use to paint their shafts. Getting the original recipe always helps. Find out what type of paint and what type sealent and such that they use, find out how they apply it, and then test it. I would definately do it for my shafts.

You know, I thought the idea was very simplistic...? No reason why it wouldn't work...it'd be the part of the getting the same type of paint that shaft companies use to paint their shafts. If you COULD get a hand on some of the stuff, it'd just be a matter of makin' it look right.