cpga's bag

cpga

Was demoing the new Taylormade Rescue Mid Dual today with the Diamana h hybrid shaft in the 19 degree model and so far so good, didn't use it much in today's round but I'll go to the range tomorrow and really test it out but it's a nice club which I was skeptical about when I saw the protos.

The Rescue Dual looks really nice. The only thing i'd buy it for is the sole shape though, the weights still seem very useless in it. It's like the r7 Fairway, the weights make it look real cool and all that but i don't think i'd fimd them very useful. The driver was a different story.

Thought I'd finally post up what I got going right now....(said it below but I'm on a Taylormade deal and am a CPGA Pro to explain having the TM setup throughout the bag)

Driver: Taylormade R7 TP 9.5 with Fujikura Speeder 757 X flex Shaft

3 wood: Taylormade V-steel T/S with DG X100 Shaft

Rescue: Taylormade Rescue Mid TP 16 degree with DG X100 Shaft

Irons:Taylormade Rac TP irons with DG X100 Shafts

Wedges: Taylormade Rac Satin Wedges 54 and 58 with DG X100 Shafts

Putter: Rossa CGB Siena 4 with Ping Winn Grip

Staff Bag: TaylorMade r7 Special Edition TP Staff Bag

Carry Bag: TaylorMade 2005 r7 Stand Bag

Ball: Maxfli Black Max

Shoes: Adidas Tour Metal

Glove: Maxfli U Flex Tour

My bag as of June 1st....backup clubs and clubs on order may change some things

HELLO, HOW ARE YOU? MY NAME IS PJ I LIVE IN CANADA. DO YOU LIVE NEAR WOODSTOCK ONTARIO? I WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU AND PLAY A ROUND SOMEDAY? IF IT COULD BE POSSIBLE BETWEEN OUR SCHEDULES...GET BACK TO ME THANKS ...........PJ PALMER

Wow, I like the bag. I wish I could get a sponsor, *L*. Ah well...So your liking that rescue mid dual, eh? Your using the TP model, correct? I personally thought it was a bit too much, since I couldn't see myself wishing to working a hybrid so specifically to screw around with..screws. That's just my opinion, though...probably sounds stupid coming from a guy who uses an R7...

The Rescue Dual is a standard TP model just like the 3 wood, and I had the same thoughts as you all mentioned that the shape of the club and how it sets up is still the same as the rescue mid tp but the added weights I was as I said before skeptical but I was playing around with the weights today which was a 14, a 2, and two eights and after hitting every different type of shot in each setting you could see differences in ball flight, launch angle, etc. Do I think I'll put one in my bag for good, probably not but it was good to try it out for product knowledge aspects. As for the R7 TP 3 wood I tried that a couple days ago and if you set it up to your specs with the right weights it again causes differences. But in the end I'll stick with my 16 degree rescue mid tp.

PJ, I'd love to play a round but unfortunately I live in British Columbia in the Okanagan so it'd make a round fairly difficult.

Chocolate boy, weights in every club from what I've been hearing from Taylormade is going to be their common trend now since they have just about their whole line covered in moveable weight technology, although I truly hope they don't put weights in wedges...the irons I believe are in the works.

• 2 weeks later...

The way i see it, they can only take weight technology so far before the clubs stop working properly. Personally, i think it's really cool yet i can't seem to find a good reason for weights in the Rescue and Faiway clubs. I just tried out the R7 TP Fairway , only with movable weights. It takes alot of the workablity out of the person and puts it all in the club.

I still think it's cool, all the weights and such, i just don't think i'll be needing it in certain clubs.

Weights in irons, now that would be different. I bet they would sell like hot cakes.

I was talking with our tm rep yesterday and he was telling me that the weights in the irons are like what you find in the cgb putters and irons in terms of size and he didn't say much as to what they're going to look like but he was gonna let me know when a proto became available. So if I do get a proto to try out i'll let ya know.

• 2 months later...

Yes the Rescue Dual having weights may not set up well to many players but on a playability level it does perform..granted you have the right weight set up.

Sly_Sam I'm still using all of my TM setup except for just finished demoing the Tour SQ and three wood but for the remainder of the season I'm sticking with the TM bag.

I'll get the new clubs for the off season and start hitting them indoors and get down to the coast to play pending on the snow. But I've got pics of the TM bag I just have never got to setting them up on a site, so if I get some time through the week I'll get on that after all this time.