AJ's Truth about Golf

Sgt_Slaughter

so i take it u bought it. im wondering if his ideas will help u play better golf and improve ur game like it has to the ppl whove done it. guys that have gone from 12-13 handicaps to 1-3 handicaps and guys shooting from 120s down to the 80s. does it really work and is it a good investment?

i never watched the tapes but...

they make the little baseball bat club now that he uses in that infomercial...i hit some shots with it at my club, it feels and looks ridiculous...

ive never been a big fan of golf instruction videos and the testimonials, id rather just go and figure it out on my own...

• 2 months later...

AJ's secret (which is nothing secret or new) as I understand it is timing the release of the right hand through impact, what is new is the methods he uses to try get this method across to his students.

All,

I hate to admit it but I was suckered into getting these. All I can say is WOW I am glad I did! I have the whole series as well as keeping a fresh stock of impact tape. I know I know, I am just one of those that bought into the hype. For ME and me alone (not anyone else), JMO but it really freed me up to NEVER worry about a swing thought AGAIN! I am not a scratch golfer nor a 36 either. I am a 12 right now. He goes through several examples of visualization. One being the bat hitting a home run to either left, center, or right field. Another is the club face is like a hammer head and the shaft is just the carrier. The ball has a 16 penny nail sticking out of it and you just match line 5 of the face (just below center) and drive the nail (center of the ball) into a base board (target). I bought the original dvd and found it interesting. Have gone on to buy the rest as well as the impact tape. The tape alone was well worth the price of admission. Truely shows where you are hitting. Feel is NOT real. All it comes down to is releasing the hands through the impact area. The ball will tell you whether the release was early (hook), just right (center), or late (slice). Really nothing new at all. I guess after so many years of trying to get into certain positions where the swing is concerned and so many thoughts, I was a mechanical mess. This simple plan got me away from ALL of that and onto just hitting the ball freely. With just a simple plan I have been able to go from just hitting and hoping to now being able to shape shots. I hope this helps anyone who reads this on the decision whether to buy into this or not. All I can say is that it really has saved my game and never ever going to look at Golf Digest, Golf, etc.. instruction AGAIN!

Birdman

P.S. McSub, a friend of mine on here noticed a world of difference with my swing. He saw my swing after last seeing it over a year ago and he says I am much more of a fluid confident swinger then before when I was very mechanical. Glad to know that he noticed the change. Reinforced what I was doing. Again this has freed me up to worry about the course management aspect and target selection and NOT a bunch of garbage swing thoughts!

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd comment on this. First thing is, what he covers he could probably cover in 10 minutes. The rest of the tape is him just going over his (I thought) stupid stories of meaningless blah. There are a few nice little thoughts that someone could use if you are just learning the game...but for the most part, I thought it was a waste. They filled it with junk (him just talking about nothing) and hid in there there few decent things he has to say...Maybe some will find it entertaining, I found it very frustrating....glad someone else had bought it and not me....

• 2 months later...