Paula Creamers Swing Step by Step..

I suspect with that dip through impact a shot under pressure would go to the right. Michelle does maintain her levels a lot better!

Hmmm I think her head dip is because at impact both heels are above the ground, so she has to compensate by dropping her head and sticking her rear out while clearing her hips. Whatever she's doing, she can repeat it under pressure which is what matters most. I cant wait to see her and Wie go toe to toe! heheh

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

P.C and Ai Miyazato have very similar swings, yet Ai doesn't have that large dip going on, I will post pics of her swing so we can compare the two this week. In the Japanese Mags they draw a circle around paula's head and it shows just how much movement is going on.

• 1 month later...

They seem to get caught underneath just a little bit and then come up onto their toes at impact to compensate.

I've seen a lot of swings work, but the one thing teachers should stop doing is tell their recreational level students to trust thier swings.

Recreational players don't practice, and a golf swing unpracticed is like a lawn not maintained--it gets full of weeds in a hurry.

I never told my kids to trust their swings and just let the ball get in the way. I taught them to always hit a shot--time and manipulate the clubface into the ball as required.

Technique is memory memory--not muscle memory--and the non-practicer has a better chance to hit a shot from inside out and underneath like that.

Don't know how it applys to a pro who practices constantly, though.

An interesting swing. I've seen a down-the-line picture that is rather startling: when her arms are parallell to thhe ground in the through swing, the arms and club are still on the target line, pointing directly at the target. More conventional rotary swings have the arms and club well left and around, with the clubhead "coming out" of the left shoulder at this point. In Hardy terms, it is a peculiar mix of a one plane backswing and a two plane downswing. Hope it stands up, and she doesn't injure herself, because I love watching her play.

Edited by jeffy