Ozik review

robbie

There are many different types of players out there and they desire many different types of shafts....some people like their shafts to be whippy and some like tip stiff pipes.....my preference is for butt stiff, med flex tips.....my all time favorite is the 771ta, but i do like the diamana 63 and 73 and axiv makes a nice shaft as well, and for the lighter shafts, the fuji 555 and the diamana53x cannot be beat !

I swing pretty easy because i want to keep the ball in play....i will avg about 105-110mph and about 118 when pissed ! i would consider myself more of a swinger than a hitter

The shaft i tested was the ozik tp7 in a sx flex that was tipped 3/8" .....the finish on the shaft is awesome !!! it has a velvet like soft finish, the graphics are nice, but i dont like the main ozik graphic because it looks like grafitti on walls !!! i would rather they have left the main ozik logo out !!!

As far as this shaft being longer for me.....absolutely not, if anything it was a short playing shaft !!!! it does not load and unload as smoothly as the ultralight shafts !!! if you are considering buying this for extra length, forget it....

As for playability, this shaft does not twist, it would appear to have zero torque, although it does not feel boardy, the dispersion will be very tight, if you have a solid repeatable swing.....the low torque is a good thing and a bad thing, torque helps the amateur golfer who sprays the face, but w/o torque you mistakes will be magnified.....leave the face open and the ball will shoot right, hit it with a hooded face and the ball shoots a low hook !

If however you are a solid player with a scratch or plus handicap with a very smooth swing and you are looking for more feel in a low torque shaft, this shaft is incredible !!!!

I could not post this review on another website because it goes against the majority bandwagon opinion !!!!

my handicap is about a 3.6 and this shaft is way too much shaft for me !!

It is very sad :wah: that you cannot post this review on another website because it goes against the current hype surrounding this shaft. I know some people who are definately not scratch or plus markers that are seriously considering this shaft and your review shows that there is a major potential that this shaft would not work for them at all.

I would hate to see them piss $1000 into the wind because of the hype for this shaft - I am sure it works a treat for a very small portion of the golfing population - ie golfing pros and the like!

There are many different types of players out there and they desire many different types of shafts....some people like their shafts to be whippy and some like tip stiff pipes.....my preference is for butt stiff, med flex tips.....my all time favorite is the 771ta, but i do like the diamana 63 and 73 and axiv makes a nice shaft as well, and for the lighter shafts, the fuji 555 and the diamana53x cannot be beat !

I swing pretty easy because i want to keep the ball in play....i will avg about 105-110mph and about 118 when pissed !  i would consider myself more of a swinger than a hitter

The shaft i tested was the ozik tp7 in a sx flex that was tipped 3/8" .....the finish on the shaft is awesome !!! it has a velvet like soft finish, the graphics are nice, but i dont like the main ozik graphic because it looks like grafitti on walls !!! i would rather they have left the main ozik logo out !!!

As far as this shaft being longer for me.....absolutely not, if anything it was a short playing shaft !!!!  it does not load and unload as smoothly as the ultralight shafts !!!  if you are considering buying this for extra length, forget it....

As for playability, this shaft does not twist, it would appear to have zero torque, although it does not feel boardy, the dispersion will be very tight, if you have a solid repeatable swing.....the low torque is a good thing and a bad thing, torque helps the amateur golfer who sprays the face, but w/o torque you mistakes will be magnified.....leave the face open and the ball will shoot right, hit it with a hooded face and the ball shoots a low hook !

If however you are a solid player with a scratch or plus handicap with a very smooth swing and you are looking for more feel in a low torque shaft, this shaft is incredible !!!!

I could not post this review on another website because it goes against the majority bandwagon opinion !!!!

my handicap is about a 3.6 and this shaft is way too much shaft for me !!

Good review robbie, some shafts just work for some and not for others. A lot of these guys will spill a killer review to justify for the amount they spent on that shaft. I would pay 1k in a heartbeat to get 20 yards more and straighter all day, but it looks like It may not be the shaft for me being that your a slightly better player than I.

I am curious to as what you liked about the 771 vs the Axiv. Also drop me a PM, I would like to sell you a Diamana Red at a very low price so we can hear your comparison on that.

i just tested the ozik altus vs the tp7 both in stiff flex, tipped 1/4 inch!

initially i tried the altus with good results, roughly the same distance as diamana 63 maybe not as much feel, with an even higher flight. This felt to me very whippy, yet solid. the performance overall was high but very tight.

Then i got the tp-7 and having played three rounds and two range sessions with the tp-7 im very dissapointed to say it did not work well for me. not enough feel, or torque in the shaft to help me get the desired draw! obviously i do not swing hard enough for such low torque shafts and therefore its destructive to my game.

After hitting many balls on the range with both oziks along with my diamana 63 stiff, i feel that the diamana performs every bit as well as if not better than either of the oziks! ive learned a valuable lesson - just because the shaft is $$$$$$ dont make it a gamer for me or every individual. this has left me ragin as i feel ive blown mega buck just to find out that my original diamana suits me as good as any! :cool:

ps anyone want an ozik altus or tp-7

Thanks for you honesty guy's. There are alot of us wanting to "buy" a better, longer, straighter tee shot and are, in fact, willing to spend the money. However it would really suck to spend mega bucks and be let down. :money: = :blackeye:

Again, thanks for taking the time to share your results... :nos**t:

Now where can I find a Diamana 63? :rough:

G

Robbie,

thanks for the review. You are now banned, your insider $$ will be returned to you and please don't say more so we can not sell this at this price, :-)

just kidding.

I like that honest opinion. There are lots of quality shafts that can get the job done for less than 1K. Now the diamanas look cheap...yeah right.

I'd say more power to people when they can spend any amount of money on anything I guess, but 1K for a shaft? it better make a big difference, make that a HUGE difference.

Great review. But I think both posititve and negative and most importantly truthful reviews should be posted on any of these golf boards. There really is no reason why you can't put a honest review on any golf board out there. No one is going to like a product 100% of the time just like no one piece of golf equipment is going to be for everybody. I don't understand why it is not on the other boards? :wink:

Nice review Robbie!

I was the bastard who purchased this shaft from Robbie...cause I (as always had to see for myself), and I think its very unfortunate that this shaft have all the hype around it...how can anything live up to that with so many different swings I don't know...

I will only give a short review as I have only played 2 rounds and one range visit(BTW- I also consider the Driver the weakest part of my game...not always just the last year or so)... I personally love the feel of this shaft(I have also played Matrix shafts i my 3w for sometime and they all seem to have this sort of feel to them..Ozik included)(I'm a whimpy 105+SS)..very very smooth to me and I really like how the head releases through impact.. very strange but inspiring solid contact.. I don't think the engineering behind the shaft was for Pure Distance, but rather Pure control of the golf ball..any distance gained was a nice benefit.. I may have gain 5-10 yards overall...But the main thing I have seen on every swing is the control.. to me is feels and goes like a Stiff flex, but with the control of an XX Flex.. I have found it hard to miss a fairway(not impossible mind you, just much harded).. even on some of my worst swing(when one hand comes of the grip right after impact with Big style points) the ball seems to be on a homing device and goes out to precise distance and location.. really quite incredible! I have also found it is very easy to hit it low or high as well.. so far I'm quite impressed... I only wish it was warmer than 40* to see if there is so extra distance in her as well.. but for now the control is awesome IMO..Is it worth $1000? That depends on how much being in the fairway means to you IMO... I didn't pay a grand... but I might now that I have tried it...I'm also a shaft HO bigtime!

One downside to it... I do some traveling with business and always bring my clubs... but I just can't bring myself to throwin this club in the travel bag.. if ya know what I mean.

i totally agree with your review.......the ozik was made for extreme precision......the longest shafts for me were the axiv 6064 and diamana 53 and 63x.....this is probably because they are super light and very easy to load.....this results in maximum distance with the onlydrawback being, its easy to spray the golf course with a lightweight whippy shaft, especially with a iffy swing......however if you are not looking for added distance and control and feel is what you are looking for, the ozik is a gamer......although it did not work for me, i can tell that it may fit a lot of good golfers.....but im not that good !!! and the diamana red definitely sounds like something i would bag !!!!! i love launch and kick !!!! hehe who cares about accuracy.....thats why i carry a dozen balls !!! :cool:

im sure this review could be posted....but theres no need to rock the boat...... :smile1: after all we all appreciate well made golf clubs and golf equipment technology !!!!

i totally agree with your review.......the ozik was made for extreme precision......the longest shafts for me were the axiv 6064 and diamana 53 and 63x.....this is probably because they are super light and very easy to load.....this results in maximum distance with the onlydrawback being, its easy to spray the golf course with a lightweight whippy shaft, especially with a iffy swing......however if you are not looking for added distance and control and feel is what you are looking for, the ozik is a gamer......although it did not work for me, i can tell that it may fit a lot of good golfers.....but im not that good !!! and the diamana red definitely sounds like something i would bag !!!!! i love launch and kick !!!! hehe who cares about accuracy.....thats why i carry a dozen balls !!!  :cool:  

im sure this review could be posted....but theres no need to rock the boat...... :smile1: after all we  all appreciate well made golf clubs and golf equipment technology !!!!

:cool: Guys a very honest review. As I said on another thread, for 1k the ozik would want to be hitting them over the back fence at the range dead straight!

Robbie, what kick point do you have in your Axiv?

i totally agree with your review.......the ozik was made for extreme precision......the longest shafts for me were the axiv 6064 and diamana 53 and 63x.....this is probably because they are super light and very easy to load.....this results in maximum distance with the onlydrawback being, its easy to spray the golf course with a lightweight whippy shaft, especially with a iffy swing......however if you are not looking for added distance and control and feel is what you are looking for, the ozik is a gamer......although it did not work for me, i can tell that it may fit a lot of good golfers.....but im not that good !!! and the diamana red definitely sounds like something i would bag !!!!! i love launch and kick !!!! hehe who cares about accuracy.....thats why i carry a dozen balls !!!  :cool:  

im sure this review could be posted....but theres no need to rock the boat...... :smile1: after all we  all appreciate well made golf clubs and golf equipment technology !!!!

:cool: Guys a very honest review. As I said on another thread, for 1k the ozik would want to be hitting them over the back fence at the range dead straight!

Robbie, what kick point do you have in your Axiv?

I have leaning against the wall is a 6064M and looking to shaft it in the Nike Ignite+ so am very interested in Robbie experience with the Axiv, of course with the understanding that his swing may not be the same.

Nice review Robbie!

I was the bastard who purchased this shaft from Robbie...cause I (as always had to see for myself), and I think its very unfortunate that this shaft have all the hype around it...how can anything live up to that with so many different swings I don't know...

I will only give a short review as I have only played 2 rounds and one range visit(BTW- I also consider the Driver the weakest part of my game...not always just the last year or so)... I personally love the feel of this shaft(I have also played Matrix shafts i my 3w for sometime and they all seem to have this sort of feel to them..Ozik included)(I'm a whimpy 105+SS)..very very smooth to me and I really like how the head releases through impact.. very strange but inspiring solid contact.. I don't think the engineering behind the shaft was for  Pure Distance, but rather Pure control of the golf ball..any distance gained was a nice benefit.. I may have gain 5-10 yards overall...But the main thing I have seen on every swing is the control.. to me is feels  and goes like a Stiff flex, but with the control of an XX Flex.. I have found it hard to miss a fairway(not impossible mind you, just much harded).. even on some of my worst swing(when one hand comes of the grip right after impact with Big style points) the ball seems to be on a homing device and goes out to precise distance and location.. really quite incredible! I have also found it is very easy to hit it low or high as well.. so far I'm quite impressed... I only wish it was warmer than 40* to see if there is so extra distance in her as well.. but for now the control is awesome IMO..Is it worth $1000? That depends on how much being in the fairway means to you IMO... I didn't pay a grand... but I might now that I have tried it...I'm also a shaft HO bigtime!

One downside to it... I do some traveling with business and always bring my clubs... but I just can't bring myself to throwin this club in the travel bag.. if ya know what I mean.

One thing I would add... since this shaft is soo stable, I really think you could easily go a flex softer(certainly half a flex), this may be how the intented to be used? You want the softest/lightest shaft can control, correct?

Nice review Robbie!

I will only give a short review as I have only played 2 rounds and one range visit(BTW- I also consider the Driver the weakest part of my game...not always just the last year or so)... I personally love the feel of this shaft(I have also played Matrix shafts i my 3w for sometime and they all seem to have this sort of feel to them..Ozik included)(I'm a whimpy 105+SS)..very very smooth to me and I really like how the head releases through impact.. very strange but inspiring solid contact.. I don't think the engineering behind the shaft was for  Pure Distance, but rather Pure control of the golf ball..any distance gained was a nice benefit.. I may have gain 5-10 yards overall...But the main thing I have seen on every swing is the control.. to me is feels  and goes like a Stiff flex, but with the control of an XX Flex.. I have found it hard to miss a fairway(not impossible mind you, just much harded).. even on some of my worst swing(when one hand comes of the grip right after impact with Big style points) the ball seems to be on a homing device and goes out to precise distance and location.. really quite incredible! I have also found it is very easy to hit it low or high as well.. so far I'm quite impressed... I only wish it was warmer than 40* to see if there is so extra distance in her as well.. but for now the control is awesome IMO..Is it worth $1000? That depends on how much being in the fairway means to you IMO... I didn't pay a grand... but I might now that I have tried it...I'm also a shaft HO bigtime!

One thing I would add... since this shaft is soo stable, I really think you could easily go a flex softer(certainly half a flex), this may be how the intented to be used? You want the softest/lightest shaft can control, correct?

the shaft is extremely stable, i think if i had gone about half a flex lighter, i would have had more length and tighter dispersion, unfortunately the shaft is too expensive for most of us to buy multiples of and finetune !!!

i had the 6064M, although it was tipped an inch, it was still very very lively and shot a very nice ball flight, the dispersion was good but the shaft felt extremely light and it was tough to feel the shaft, however if you have had good past experiences with the ultralights, this shaft flat out performs......it has absolutely zero boardy feeling .......if you need slightly more weight, the fuji 555 is another good super long shaft as is the diamana 53x......and ive had awesome results with a fuji six xflex in a full bore thru, however i could not replicate the results in a normal tm bore !!!

other shafts i appreciate that are not pricey at all are the UST V2 76 and 86......very good shafts.......and i have the grafalloy NT 65 stiff, it feels a bit boardy and it doesnt seem to kick much at all, and the damn shaft is in a mizuno mp001 driver head ( 370cc) ....this is the most lame setup i have ever used and guess what, this sucker is my gamer !!!!! it stays in the fairway and moves on command and is pretty damn long !!!! ive got about 5K in drivers and the 50 buck combo always makes it to the bag for game time !!!!!!

Robbie,

It would be even nicer if you were to indulge us with your swing characteristics: SS, smooth, agressive, draw, fade, etc.  With these additional information it would help us all to understand why a particular shaft works while others didn't.

Ben

i posted that stuff in the thread !!!! come on crazy man get with da program, as for shot shape, i work the ball and my preferred shot is straight and i can hit draws and fades all day long !!!