SQ Tour 460

jack0428

jack,

can you shed some light on the face of the SQ-TOUR, is it as long and shallow or a deeper faced-shorter heel -toe head? thanks for your time..

jack,

can you shed some light on the face of the SQ-TOUR, is it as long and shallow or a deeper faced-shorter heel -toe head? thanks for your time..

The face is a little deeper than the regular SQ but not much, the real difference is the head sizq, it is no longer a "Big Foot" but a smaller Foot.

post-989-1133148451_thumb.jpg

I had played 3 rounds of golf with the Nike SQ TOur 460 iwth GD Tour AD N-65 (prototype) X-flex over the weekend. I will try to give it a quick review in Chris' format. I will rate everything on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being perfect.

A perfect total score of 20pts will give it TSG Holy Grail status.

Appearance = 4.6

Much much better then the regular SQ, the head is much less distracting, and the color of the club head is grey compare to the total black of the SQ. The face is slightly deeper but not XR-03 like deep and the crown is smaller and easier to swing thru without the gigantic head impression. I love the coloring of the shaft, gold on one side and metallic grey on the other, a very classy and yet funky look.

Distance = 3.8

Plenty long, but no spectacularly long, my jaw didn't drop on the pure impact shots. The flight is pretty boring, the trajectory is good on windy days and the carry is good but not super long as I had hoped. The shaft is solid, 67gms with 3.7 torque, very lively and response well.

Forgiveness = 4.0

On Saturday, I forgot to bring my swing with me, so I was hitting everything all over the place, and this baby didn't help me much, the fade was a slice, the draw were hooks, so I didn't get much help on the forgiveness area, but heck, it is a TOUR club, and I am no TOUR player. Other 2 rounds, it was decent, but you really need to nail it on the spot to get what you need.

Feel = 4.2

The head feels sweet on good impacts, the sound is not as loud as the W505 or the other Japnese make drivers, but it is a solid feel when connected.

Overall Score = 16.6 pts

A very solid driver, I like it, but I wont be playing it unless I am very good with my swing on the day.

Great review Jack.

I have to admit, the look of that SQ really grows on you. I notice Tiger put it in his bag, and then took it out. Looks like he comes out where you do!

Thanks again. Curious to hear more about it after some more action.

I really think the numbers for the Distance and forgivess should be higher if I am at the top of my game, since I am not hacking it well, so the numbers for me is low... but, it is just me.

post-989-1133159945_thumb.jpg