G-Field Fairway wood pics!

TourSpecGolfer

PLEASE tell me they come in 13 degree!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear the comments! :tsg_smilie_cool:

What are the other lofts?

I decided to take the plunge and picked it up!!!

I'll be able to provide some reviews and comparisons to a handful of fairway woods.

Edited by tour-md

it definitely has a beautiful understated no frills look about it- really gorgeous, exudes class BUT for me i dont think id have the confidence looking down on it that i would be able to get it off the ground from the fairway with a face that deep. scaaary!

it definitely has a beautiful understated no frills look about it- really gorgeous, exudes class BUT for me i dont think id have the confidence looking down on it that i would be able to get it off the ground from the fairway with a face that deep. scaaary!

Its actually not as deep as you may think.

Picture_057.jpg

How you liking the M-75 in that club. I swear this is the best fairway wood shaft i've ever had. BTW sweet club and when will G-FIELD hit the U.S. market?

M75 is great but I am getting better results with the PT-7, slightly higher ball flight due to the softer tip. Its the trjectory i have been wishing for in a FW.

The G-Field U.S release date is Qtr 2 06. Its official launch in Japan is at the Tokyo Golf Fair in Feb.

M75 is great but I am getting better results with the PT-7, slightly higher ball flight due to the softer tip. Its the trjectory i have been wishing for in a FW.

The G-Field U.S release date is Qtr 2 06. Its official launch in Japan is at the Tokyo Golf Fair in Feb.

What is your opinion of this vs. other top end options of ease of hitting off the deck - I would need to choose between 3 and 4 wood choices.

Very simple but very classy looking. I like it.

I really like the quality golf equipment that doesn't get too crazy. It's all about style. Like the T3 Blue/Black and these new G clubs. Simple is better.

simple sexy design... the sole plate -- may have sonartec's legal team looking!!! looks like a perfect fwy club.. post up when you guys get to hit it...

Just got my 3 wood with Tour AD PT-7 in the mail today (very fast shipping which is great). This club looks really nice. The face is definintely not too deep and the overall size of the club is perfect. Nice black head with traditional styling - definitely smaller than the TM R5 with Pro Launch that I currently play. I would say it looks more like the Bridgeston J33 from address.

Can't wait to try this on the course. Hope to get out tomorrow for a test run, but it is winter time in the DC area (suppose to be close to 50 tomorrow). I will try to post initial comments after a brief test drive.

Follow up after 2 rounds and some range time. Again, I have the GFT 3 wood with Tour AD Pt-7 stiff. At first, I will admit I struggled a bit. I did not hit at all at the range and went straight to the course. The first 3 shots I topped a bit until I realized the shaft comes standard about 1 inch shorter than my previous set up.

After a bit of range time, I dialed this in and can honestly say this is one great set up. Very good feel, straight, long and beautiful looking club. I can't wait to get more real life experience with it.

One question for those in the know, what impact to shaft stiffness does the shorter shaft have? I generally play on the sligtly softer side of stiff with 97 MPH driver ss. The shaft feels fine, but want to ensure I do not give up too much distance if this standard set up is tipped to reduce length. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Again, really looking forward to continuing with this club.

Follow up after 2 rounds and some range time. Again, I have the GFT 3 wood with Tour AD Pt-7 stiff. At first, I will admit I struggled a bit. I did not hit at all at the range and went straight to the course. The first 3 shots I topped a bit until I realized the shaft comes standard about 1 inch shorter than my previous set up.

After a bit of range time, I dialed this in and can honestly say this is one great set up. Very good feel, straight, long and beautiful looking club. I can't wait to get more real life experience with it.

One question for those in the know, what impact to shaft stiffness does the shorter shaft have? I generally play on the sligtly softer side of stiff with 97 MPH driver ss. The shaft feels fine, but want to ensure I do not give up too much distance if this standard set up is tipped to reduce length. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Again, really looking forward to continuing with this club.

Testing shows the heavier head and shorter shaft actually creates more distance and a straighter shot than lighter heads and a longer shaft. Currently this FW is 3-6 yards longer than the BBD Type H2 at a full inch longer. Accuracy and distance are both enhanced from this new design concept. Let us know how it works for you :tsg_smiley_yes: