Anyone have closeup pics of TS-202

gocchin

Hi guys,

Anyone of closeup pics of the sole (leading edge grind) of Tourstage TS-202 irons they can post? Thanks! :tsg_smilie_cool:

Or any pics of TS-202's for that matter, I'm having a hard time finding any on the web at all. Thanks! :tsg_smiley_embarrassed:

Hi guys,

Anyone of closeup pics of the sole (leading edge grind) of Tourstage TS-202 irons they can post? Thanks! :tsg_smilie_cool:

Or any pics of TS-202's for that matter, I'm having a hard time finding any on the web at all. Thanks! :tsg_smiley_embarrassed:

for while i was looking pics of these......but i also had no luck. However from many reports i have heard the epon type x look like the ts 202 with the same shape and sole characteristics. Only difference being the feel of the epon!

The 202s are very sweet-- the first real players cb with a channel back sole. It was progressively deep channel in long irons with a tungsten weight, on down to no channel in the 9 and PW (with a forging more like the solid forging cavity in Z101 in the 9 and PW). Kinda clunky looking in short irons but very foregiving set.

I had a set of TS 202's a few years ago. They were great irons; smooth, soft, quite forgiving and looked great. They knocked a set of MX 23's out of my bag. They had a bit more offset and a thicker sole and topline than what I now play (Epon Technica Pro II's), but they were a fine set of irons.

Here is a link you might find helpful:

http://www.bs-sports.co.jp/sokuho02/ts202_1/ts202_1.html

The photos don't show the sole grind. It's somewhat similar to the MX23, because there is some leading edge roll/relief, making it a bit less likely to dig with them.

Look at the pictures of the sole grind on TSG for both the Pro II's and the Type X's. It's similar to that on the TS 202's; a tri-facet grind.

Edited by dorkman53

Take advantage of the Gallery as we have many of the images you may need in your search.

XCB2 on left - TS-202 on right

XCB2_vs_TS202.jpg