Axiv V...VS....Roddio

offtheback

Just played back to back days with the Epon/roddio.

Really struggled the first day with it. Much more than I thought or expected.

The left side came back into play. I haven't had that problem with the Axiv-V Shaft. What I noticed after another range session today and another 18 holes is the Roddio shaft is more workable than the Axiv-V. I'd call the Roddio more of a Players shaft.

I can't say anything bad about the Axiv-V shaft, Excellent shaft. If you struggle with the left side this is an excellent shaft for you. As long as any shaft I've hit.

I can feel the shaft flex more in the Axiv than I can in the Roddio. I like to not feel the shaft as much. I like to feel the Clubhead.

Feel... tough one. Nod goes to the Roddio. Very solid. No Vibration.

I progresed rapidly today with the Epon w/roddio shaft. This combination is long and workable. The ball just melts off the club.. solid, soft. Can a Driver feel like Butta???

I reached a Par 5 in two today that I've never been able to reach before. Actually had my best scoring round in months.

I'm playing in a tournament in the morning. The keep Fairways hit, Gir's, Putts.

Plan on kickin some a** tomorrow. :tsg_smilie_laugh:

Ajay, I may have asked before but what is your swing speed with the driver.

The Roddio is definetly getting some wraps.

This may be a go for me, just need to get the right one for a swing speed of 105mph.

I am not sure....I have been on a golfsmith Monitor a year earlier and it was around 100 mph with some as low as 95 mph and some a bit more........but since then I have discovered that those monitors are a hit and misss (sometimes right, sometimes not)..... Unfortunately, there are not many options for launch monitors where I live.

BTW, tourspecgirl can get you fitted....if you have your stats.... Also, tempo has a lot to do with roddio fitting. I tend to be fast.... and an aggressive transition down and through.....and the WA fits that profile. for somoother swings, I believe the BA is the way to go...

Edited by ajaykkr

I am not sure....I have been on a golfsmith Monitor a year earlier and it was around 100 mph with some as low as 95 mph and some a bit more........but since then I have discovered that those monitors are a hit and misss (sometimes right, sometimes not)..... Unfortunately, there are not many options for launch monitors where I live.

BTW, tourspecgirl can get you fitted....if you have your stats.... Also, tempo has a lot to do with roddio fitting. I tend to be fast.... and an aggressive transition down and through.....and the WA fits that profile. for somoother swings, I believe the BA is the way to go...

Thanks mate.

another round...... and i broke 80 for the first time......and I have to say, Boy! What a difference it makes 20-30 yards further down and in the fairway with drive...... I was hitting on average about 2 clubs less than what I used to hit.....and I think thats the reason I found the green almost every time with my approach.....

I dont think any other single club has ever made such a difference to my game as the Roddio + Epon has......

Given that all of the people on this site are club ho's (and if not, atleast keenly interested in improving their scores)...... try the roddio with the Epon......and then thank me: :atsg_smilie_roll:

Edited by ajaykkr

I have posted a review before.

Yeah I agree the Roddio is sweet. I can work it very easily, but the common thread is great trajectory and distance with roll. I play a EPON 460 10.5 with the W6BA sr flex. At first I was suspect, but what I discovered was the shaft was playing the shot I was swinging. Once I learned that hitting it left was a function of the swing and not the shaft, I was able to play the shots. I understand now that it is a players club and in my case plays what I swing. All I know is that I can't fathom much better.

Now Chris is building an EPON 13.5 degree for me with a Roddio shaft. Hopefully I will see it in a few weeks.

Just Ordered Epon 460ZR 10.5 degree with Roddio W-6WA SR flex club in 45.75 inch final length from Chris. With all the hype of Epon and Roddio shaft I decided my first venture into TSG premium brand will be the Ultimate driver endorsed by this website. Since I wanted left side out of play and my swing speed is only about 90-95 miles/hr on the average by a launch monitor I decided to go with the SR flex in the W-6WA roddio shaft. Hope I made the right decision. Will be eagerly reporting back! :atsg_smilie_roll:

I wanted to update those who were interested as I had my first round with the Roddio today.

Just some background for all you "spec-heads." Before the Roddio, my club was the Epon 9.5° at 1° open. AxivV 8076 shaft at 45.75", cpm = 258. I hit that club very well but I wanted to take the left side away. You see, for me, the AxivV wasn't completely anti-left as it claimed. Still a very, very good shaft and one which I loved but I was seeking something just a little better.

Chris installed a Roddio W-8WA in stiff flex. I told him I wanted the Roddio to be as stiff as the AxivV if not a little more. In order to do this Chris had to make the current driver at 45", tipped 10mm and cpm at 259. According to Chris this plays to an s-x flex. At 270 cpms one is reaching beyond X. If needed I still have room to tip more in case I need more later on.

So anyways, on to the round. Mind you, I want to take some time to get to "know" this shaft but I came away from today very, very impressed.

One thing which is very apparent right away is that this shaft is much tighter than the AxivV. The left side is not nearly as much an issue with the Roddio as it was with the AxivV. I feel that I can really go at it if I want and have no fear of losing it left. Ball flight is tighter as well as the dispersion. Distance is longer by about 7,8 yards but I really can't say until a few more rounds. My feeling is that once I become more comfortable with this shaft, distance gain will be even more. Trajectory is definitely better, a little lower and staighter which will give me more roll. Played a local course which doesn't get a whole lot of roll but I can tell when I get the harder/faster courses in the desert, roll will be huge.

I'm holding judgement on this shaft for now because its still all too new, but I'm very happy that I made the switch and Chris did an outstanding job delivering to me a club which fits me even better than the one I just had. If you are thinking about a Roddio, by all means decide what you're looking for and be honest with your stats and I know Chris will be able to get very close to what you're seeking.

The only negative is that I'm not completely sold on the white on the top of the shaft. It was a little distracting to me upon set-up, but I'm sure over time that won't be an issue. The two-tone does look cool, its just the white color is a little more prominent and could take your eye away from the ball. We'll see how that goes.

I'll write more later after more time with this shaft, but I can tell you based upon the tightness of the shots alone, this Roddio already has the edge over the AxivV at least for me. I'll also mention that with the Roddio, I don't feel I could overswing it. The AxivV I never swung hard at because the results weren't as good as I felt I would overpower it a little. The AxivV was great at smooth swings. The Roddio, you can get more aggressive if you want and still keep it in control. Thanks for reading and I hope this offers a little more insight.

Welcome to the Club!

I wanted to update those who were interested as I had my first round with the Roddio today.

Just some background for all you "spec-heads." Before the Roddio, my club was the Epon 9.5° at 1° open. AxivV 8076 shaft at 45.75", cpm = 258. I hit that club very well but I wanted to take the left side away. You see, for me, the AxivV wasn't completely anti-left as it claimed. Still a very, very good shaft and one which I loved but I was seeking something just a little better.

Chris installed a Roddio W-8WA in stiff flex. I told him I wanted the Roddio to be as stiff as the AxivV if not a little more. In order to do this Chris had to make the current driver at 45", tipped 10mm and cpm at 259. According to Chris this plays to an s-x flex. At 270 cpms one is reaching beyond X. If needed I still have room to tip more in case I need more later on.

So anyways, on to the round. Mind you, I want to take some time to get to "know" this shaft but I came away from today very, very impressed.

One thing which is very apparent right away is that this shaft is much tighter than the AxivV. The left side is not nearly as much an issue with the Roddio as it was with the AxivV. I feel that I can really go at it if I want and have no fear of losing it left. Ball flight is tighter as well as the dispersion. Distance is longer by about 7,8 yards but I really can't say until a few more rounds. My feeling is that once I become more comfortable with this shaft, distance gain will be even more. Trajectory is definitely better, a little lower and staighter which will give me more roll. Played a local course which doesn't get a whole lot of roll but I can tell when I get the harder/faster courses in the desert, roll will be huge.

I'm holding judgement on this shaft for now because its still all too new, but I'm very happy that I made the switch and Chris did an outstanding job delivering to me a club which fits me even better than the one I just had. If you are thinking about a Roddio, by all means decide what you're looking for and be honest with your stats and I know Chris will be able to get very close to what you're seeking.

The only negative is that I'm not completely sold on the white on the top of the shaft. It was a little distracting to me upon set-up, but I'm sure over time that won't be an issue. The two-tone does look cool, its just the white color is a little more prominent and could take your eye away from the ball. We'll see how that goes.

I'll write more later after more time with this shaft, but I can tell you based upon the tightness of the shots alone, this Roddio already has the edge over the AxivV at least for me. I'll also mention that with the Roddio, I don't feel I could overswing it. The AxivV I never swung hard at because the results weren't as good as I felt I would overpower it a little. The AxivV was great at smooth swings. The Roddio, you can get more aggressive if you want and still keep it in control. Thanks for reading and I hope this offers a little more insight.

I have been loving my Roddio W-5BA for a month now for exactly the same reason you guys have been stating, great distance, feel, and STRAIGHT! It's actually coming out of my Yamaha 460D this weekend and going back into a custom Epon 460 that Chris got me. I will have quite a collection of drivers to test out hopefully with Roddio, Axiv, GD and Mach Line Proto, including the XXIO, Srixon WR, Epon, G-Field and the trusty Yamaha...

Something else I want to try after making the switch to Axiv graphite in my irons which I absolutely love are the new Roddio Iron shafts. They are being used on the Japanese tour now which is where I saw them and turns out TSG can get them! (^_^)

Something else I want to try after making the switch to Axiv graphite in my irons which I absolutely love are the new Roddio Iron shafts. They are being used on the Japanese tour now which is where I saw them and turns out TSG can get them! (^_^)

Now Gocchin, you can't throw that out without some more information!!! Pictures, specs, link to someone playing them. Please :tsg_smiley_question: ?

I'm still kind of stuck on the Tour AD Pro versus and ARMRQ (I love the ARMRQ B62 and 864 but I'm not sure about the weight) but Roddio irons sound interesting.

Now Gocchin, you can't throw that out without some more information!!! Pictures, specs, link to someone playing them. Please :atsg_smilie_roll: ?

I'm still kind of stuck on the Tour AD Pro versus and ARMRQ (I love the ARMRQ B62 and 864 but I'm not sure about the weight) but Roddio irons sound interesting.

K just go for the Roddio setup, the I-10 sounds like it might fit your needs. You can NOT go wrong.^^ I'm so happy with my Roddio that I am getting another one plus the iron shafts.