Just got my Ping Rapture J-spec!

Cameron

The numbers will transfer. No problem with that.

The only real significance, besides the reduced offset, is the stronger lofts on the J irons. You will probably want to get the A wedge (50*) to gap between the pitching wedge @46* and whatever you use as a sand.

Currently, I use an eye2+ sand wedge @54* and a Callaway X Tour 60*.

I'm probably going to order the US sand and lob Raptures at 54* and 58* and give them a go. The increased offset shouldn't be disconcerting in the wedges.

Sure, I can do that. Though it may take me a couple of days. I’ll see what I can do.

You can also pick up any Ping i5 iron. Exactly the same offset.

In J, you can only get the sand, and it is 6* away from the A (50*) wedge. So, I just ordered the US versions of the sand (54*) and lob (58*) which will have a bit more offset relative to the rest of the set.

I’m hoping the difference will be insignificant.

• 7 months later...

Is the 4 Iron in your set a J-Spec Rapture or a Normal Spec Rapture? I've looked on the Ping Japan website and here at Tourspec Golf and there is no mention of a 4 Iron. I'd love to order a set of J-Spec Raptures but would need a 4 iron in the set. So do they do a J-Spec 4 Iron?

Is the 4 Iron in your set a J-Spec Rapture or a Normal Spec Rapture? I've looked on the Ping Japan website and here at Tourspec Golf and there is no mention of a 4 Iron. I'd love to order a set of J-Spec Raptures but would need a 4 iron in the set. So do they do a J-Spec 4 Iron?

Hi and welcome to the forums!

There is indeed a 4 iron. It's been added to the listing and specs have been updated.

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/proshop/p1343/...oduct_info.html

rapturejlarge2.jpg

Thanks for the info gocchin. May now order my set and get a 3 Iron just in case.

07-04-2008 - Just a update to say I've taken the plunge and ordered a set from here at Tour Spec Golf. Can't wait to get my hands on them. I love my current Raptures but just feel that for my handicap I'd be better off now with the J-Spec Raptures as the reduced Offset should make them more playable and also force me to improve my striking further, as they'll be less forgiving now.

Edited by cwatmore