Buzzsaw's WITB - JDM Contest Edition

buzzsaw

Well, I've been wanting to put up a WITB post for sometime but have for some reason or another never gotten around to it. What a better reason than a chance to win some fabulous prizes! :tsg_smiley_drool:

I discovered TSG back in January of 2004 while surfing the net and my life has never been the same. Prior to that date I had ONE set of irons, Tommy Armour 845's, for about 10 years. After that historic date back in January of '04 I have turned into a true club ... :tsg_smiley_drool: At one point I have owned 8 sets of irons, and way too many wedges, putters and drivers to mention. After 3 years the madness has started to slow (thankfully) as my Ho sickness is subsiding and I am beginning to settle in on my gamers. I am a true believer of you get what you pay for...If you want the best quality and workmanship it comes at a price and I have found that JDM golf equipment is some of the best! I have been in the process of putting together my JDM gamer bag for the past 3 years and I am nearing completion. I am not the best picture taker but here goes:

Here is my TSG JDM bag. I purchased most of my epuipment right here on TSG.

The Bag is a TourStage Staff bag. I use this mainly when I ride in a cart. It has plenty of room and can hold quite a few cold ones! One of my dogs, Otis an English Bulldog, is a bit of a camera hog and loves to get into the pics.

post-1194-1189711114.jpg

post-1194-1189711229.jpg

post-1194-1189711240.jpg

The Driver is the Callaway Hyper ERC 10.5*. Its currently shafted with a regular flex Fujikura 652. The shaft is too soft for me but will soon be reshafted with an Axiv 6564L.

post-1194-1189711436.jpg

post-1194-1189711446.jpg

post-1194-1189711454.jpg

post-1194-1189711488.jpg

The 3wood is a Tour Edge Exotics 15* with an Aldila VS Proto 80-S. I like the club but its place is not secure in the bag. I can see a possible challenger in an Epon 3wood in the future.

post-1194-1189711806.jpg

post-1194-1189711820.jpg

I have two Taylormade Tour Rescues in 19* and 22*. The 19* is shafted with a Aldila VS proto hybrid and the 22* is w/ Rifle 6.0. I have yet to find a Hybrid that can knock these out of the bag...the search continues.

My Irons are one of my Pride and Joys...They are the TourStage MR23 CB's. I have gone through a lot of irons over the past three years ( and I mean a lot) and I have to say that these are one of if not the best Irons I have ever hit. I guess they didn't get the name "Holy Grail" of Irons for nothing. They are set up with Tour Concept S3 shafts.

post-1194-1189712287.jpg

My wedges have become my favorite clubs in the bag. They are Taylormade Tour Rac wedges in 54* and 60*. They were just ok wedges ....then I saw Pittbull808's WITB and his Titleist wedges with some real cool looking grinds. I PM'd him and got to talking and he told me about this guy named Carlton Masui who did the grinds. Well, I sent him my wedges, Carlton did the grinds and the rest his history. These are by far the most versatile and easy to hit grinds I have ever had. If you have the opportunity to get your hands on a Carlton Masui Chikara wedge don't walk.. run!

post-1194-1189712818.jpg

post-1194-1189712826.jpg

post-1194-1189712837.jpg

My putter is a Yes! Calie-F. This putter puts a great roll on the ball. I just regripped it yesterday with a Super Stroke putting grip ala K.J. Choi.

post-1194-1189712982.jpg

post-1194-1189712990.jpg

post-1194-1189713000.jpg

Finally, whats left in the bag. I play Titleist ProV-1 and use a Titleist Players glove for the hand and Adidas Tour 360 Euro Ryder cup edition shoes for the feet. No Golf bag is complete without beer koozies for both bottle and cans...don't want the beer getting warm in the hot summer sun!

post-1194-1189713352.jpg

post-1194-1189713364.jpg

Oh..and if anyone was thinking of trying to Jack my sticks...you better come prepared..

post-1194-1189713496.jpg

Well, after all this picture taking and typing Otis and I are going to take a nap!

I hope you enoy and welcome all comments.

post-1194-1189713951.jpg

Well, as an after thought I figured I would add a few out take pics in case you were wondering what Otis was doing when he wasn't sneaking into my WITB pics. Otis loves to lay out in the sun to get that nice summer tan...

post-1194-1189825944.jpg

Seeing as Bulldogs don't take to the heat very well he likes take a dip in the pool. He particularly likes to practice his triple lindy off the diving board...

post-1194-1189826127.jpg

I also have been training him as a Fore Caddie. Although I think my boxer, Jobu, thinks he is taking his responsibility of looking for my golf balls a little too far...

post-1194-1189826305.jpg

Edited by buzzsaw

Great bag.

As usual Carlton has done a great job on the grinds.

Nice Buzz. What loft is the AK47? Remind me not to haggle with you next time you post something on bst.

Don't worry Duke you're safe (regardless of your occupation... :tsg_smiley_drool:)..I figure I owe you since I bought the MR-23's from you!!! :tsg_smiley_drool:

Edited by buzzsaw

Great bag, another strong contender!!

Love those shoes. Where did you have those done at?

Otis is one, cool puppy!

I'm noticing the lethality of the weapons increasing as the contest draws nearer. These TSG'ers are serious about winning!! :tsg_smiley_drool:

Hey, has that "Super-Stroke" grip working out?

Great bag, another strong contender!!

Love those shoes. Where did you have those done at?

Otis is one, cool puppy!

I'm noticing the lethality of the weapons increasing as the contest draws nearer. These TSG'ers are serious about winning!! :tsg_smiley_drool:

Hey, has that "Super-Stroke" grip working out?

Thanks for the compliment and Otis says thanks too. The shoes were limited special editions made for the last Ryder cup (2006 pairs made I believe).

Can't comment on the Super Stroke as I just instaled it yesterday and have yet to try it out..will see how it works this Saturday.

Edited by buzzsaw

Nice pics... Booze, killer dog, and a Big Gun! Those wedge grinds are works of art!

you are making me miss my TBC gauge wedge alot right now! carls grinds are spectacular!

awesome dog too! I think he could eat my two jack russells in two bites!

Thanks, I think you would have to pry those wedges out of my cold dead hands before I let them go. The grinds make them so easy to hit a variety of shots from knock downs to flops whatever..simply the best.

Otis is one tough S.O.B. he spars regularly with my other dog, a boxer named Jobu as pictured in my avatar....I wouldn't bet against him... :tsg_smilie_laugh: However, he is truly a softy at heart and just loves kids.

Thanks for the kind words..when you say Big Gun are you referring to the AR-15 or my Arms... :tsg_smiley_bulb:

Either way, both look like they could do some serious damage!! :tsg_smilie_laugh::atsg_smilie_roll::tsg_smilie_laugh:

you are making me miss my TBC gauge wedge alot right now! carls grinds are spectacular!

awesome dog too! I think he could eat my two jack russells in two bites!

would that tbc wedge happen to be in 58*? picked one up:)

buzz nice bag. love the wedges. im wondering if you are satosfied with your hyper erc? ive been eyeing that club for over a year. i owuld be down on it for sure if i wasnt happy with my ercIII.

reviews on the superstroke would be appreciated once you had ample time with it. i need something like that to calm my nerves and reduce excessive wrist movement when putting.

Yo Buzz.... I was trying to make out what it was? I was going to guess AR-15 but was looking for a HK-416. AR-15 rocks. That does it time to sign up for my concealed hand gun license!

• 2 months later...