Driver head 390cc or smaller

RIduffer

I am currently playing a Miura Precious Edition driver at 390cc. Quite a pleasure to hit and has a very unique thwok on good contact. Would like to know of other current drivers that are under 400cc.

I am not a fan of the larger driver heads... Don't like the look, and don't enjoy how they feel during the swing. I don't have an issue hitting them, just not my bag...

Thanks for the feedback...

One of the best forged heads around that size ever made was the Epon Technity 380 which is of course 380cc. Very nice feel on impact.

Another option is the Mizuno JPX E310 at 410cc and very traditional shaped... this is a very solid driver. You can check out yourpressed's review here: http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/t24648.html which is what inspired me to try out the driver as well.

Hard part with these smaller heads is actually finding one as they are older models.

I have both the Epon 380 and the Miura 390 and I personally like the feel of Miura better.

i have owned the epon 380, miura 390, but my vote goes with the Mizuno MP Craft 425....... it looks almost the same size...but its the best for me in length, workability and accuracy of placement of drive.

Miura got the nod over the epon 380

Edited by ajaykkr

I have not tried the other drivers mentioned, but the Srixon W-302 at 380cc is great club.

I am currently playing a Miura Precious Edition driver at 390cc. Quite a pleasure to hit and has a very unique thwok on good contact. Would like to know of other current drivers that are under 400cc.

I am not a fan of the larger driver heads... Don't like the look, and don't enjoy how they feel during the swing. I don't have an issue hitting them, just not my bag...

Thanks for the feedback...

I recently put together a retro bag with near new Mizuno MP-14s and a brand new Mizuno J-spec Tour Spirit Model III 300s driver. 300cc, 10 degrees loft and S.O.L.I.D. Needs reshafting with one of today's better shafts, but man it's really fun to play with!

I have tried just about every 400+ CC driver out there trying to unseat my Taylor Made 300(360CC) Tour driver. The smaller heads/solid feel and sound just suit me I guess. The big drawback folks mention with the smaller heads is the forgiveness factor but if you aren't comfortable than it doesn't matter how forgiving a driver might be.

The Mizuno JPX E310 is one solid driver...Gocchin--paypal is loaded if/when you are ready to part with it.

I know these don't consitute JDM, but anybody try the KZG RBT(360cc or 325cc) or SP700(355cc)?

• 1 month later...

Managed to find a Srixon W302 on ebay and figured I would give it a try... Put in a UST ProForce v2 shaft stiff flex... The Miura is far and away a better head. Feels more stable through the swing, feel at impact is more communicative, and the ball flight is is more piercing with the Miura.

For now I guess I'll go back to the T/S V-Steel 3 wood as a back up to the Miura until I can find a better alternative...

... The Miura is far and away a better head. Feels more stable through the swing, feel at impact is more communicative, and the ball flight is is more piercing with the Miura.

What shaft are you playing in your Miura?

• 2 weeks later...
What shaft are you playing in your Miura?

UST Proforce V2:

Flex Weight Torque Launch Butt OD Butt Mid Tip Length

S 76 g 2.2 Medium 0.605 " 267 7.0 28 4.0" 44 "