Distance and forgiveness on another level

xchangmanx

My new weapon=hit and can't miss.

9003 stiff

10.5 head set to 9.5

2* open

I've been just nailing the fairways w/this setup, a very comfortable and forgiving setup.

Avg drives have been really long for me, I'm a solid 20 yards longer w/this setup than any of my other drivers and in the past month of playing I've missed only a "hand full" of fairways which were not bad misses either. All my other drivers have been placed on the rack.

TRAJ: the stock aldila shaft w/the setting at 2* open and 9.5 loft w/the 10.5 head would launch way too high, I was going higher than a 11* driver which I hit over 16* launch. I scored a 9003 tour ad shaft from a friend, and he had it installed for me. Once this shaft change was in place I noticed a 3* launch angle difference and around -700rpm. I've never had a driver launch this low this consistently, that is easy to turn over and get out there. (Diamana white can go low like this but the white is not as easy to get out there and turn over, this 9003 bores like a bullet through the wind) EXE. Past weekend I played in around 20 mph head wind and had a 296 yard drive that was low and boring. Drives w/the wind are just insane, I often find myself in uncharted territory known only by my friends that pull 120+ mph.

Forgiveness: The Most FORGIVING setup I have ever had. It did take the shaft change for me to come to this conclusion as I think the 9003 is perfect for my swing. I play 12-18 rounds a month and this past month has been the best month of my life missing only about 8 fairways in all those rounds.

Distance: Long very long. Aldlia shaft avg drive around 260 like a geyser. 9003 tour ad shaft avg drive 290+ like a freight train.

Workablity: I didn't bother trying all the settings of the hosel, I did try the neutral, left and right setting. Traj was the difference, but mainly this driver head w/the 9003 is a very forgiving driver that goes straight. Working it lower is quite easy working it higher is alittle harder. But much easier to hit IMO than the diamana white.

9003: I feel like hitting driver all day long and I don't hesitate to pull the big dog out on that narrow 30 yard fwy. Love the shaft!!

R9 head vs R460 head= the 460 sounds like a 460 solid TM driver the R9 sounds almost super quadish and alittle paperiee to me. Feel wise the 460 wins hands down.

post-11690-1246435884.jpg

post-11690-1246435902.jpg

post-11690-1246435930.jpg

I think the 9003 is perfect for my swing. I play 12-18 rounds a month and this past month has been the best month of my life missing only about 8 fairways in all those rounds.

Congratulations - I am still searching for 'the one' for my swing. If you don't mind sharing, can you describe your swing so far as temp, along with the usual favorite numbers like launch angle, swing speed and spin?

Thank you in advance, and do continue to hit it long and straight!

Too bad that it was not made 'for the rest of us." :tsg_smiley_crazy:

I am playing the 9003 stiff in both my Driver and 3 wood. My 98 mph swing speed with a quick tempo handles this shaft with out any problems.

Congratulations - I am still searching for 'the one' for my swing. If you don't mind sharing, can you describe your swing so far as temp, along with the usual favorite numbers like launch angle, swing speed and spin?

Thank you in advance, and do continue to hit it long and straight!

you can view my swing on youtube from our TSG forum TSG Club Fitting Studio and Swing Academy, Thread name is Leadborad Results.

T

I swing a bit over 100 and couldnt handle the 9003 consistently without having to really muscle up the club. I found I would start my rounds down the center with lots of roll and a mid trajectory but by the turn the fade crept in and after a sandwich and beer on a hot day i would begin losing it by the end. I really think its a great shaft but IMO the key would be to get a flex slightly under what you would play in another model or brand. just my 2 cents.

Told you that 9003 rocks... its the shaft. Totally the shaft. Just ask Blader-X (^_^)

Yep, that shaft kicks some major tail!!

I'm back to swinging very well after a rough last month. It wasn't the shaft, it was my setup position and having too much weight on my left side at address. This tends to happen to me from time to time due to lingering effects of my two ACL surgeries from long ago.

Anyways, the 9003, I just can't say enough about. Very, very accurate shaft.

The 9003 and the P9003x are two of the top performing Shafts out there and to think these Shafts are over two years old. In the Shaft "shelf life" parlance, these two Bombers should be relics but instead they can stand up with the best of them.