PRGR EGG Spoon PX-03 Review

gocchin

I had a feeling you were going to really like this club AFTER you got used to the sound.

It sits so well you feel like you can't miss. Strangely I've found that the harder I hit it, the better contact I make, the sound seems more muted. Anyone else notice this??

I too was killing this club today. I hit this off the deck on the par 5's today with amazing results.

I've also had strang responses from the guys around me when they hear it. They all seem to really like the sound. In a strange way it almost seems to intimidate them...

I completely agree. I wonder if the new Egg driver sounds this way as well? Although, right now my eye is on the new Yamaha.

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my 15 and 22 degree EGG clubs last week. ONE WORD ... awesome.

Ive been an equipment fanatic for several years, I have tried several of the Japanese drivers EPON, YONEX , XDrive in various setups. This was my 1st try at a FW. I am blown away at how well designed the EGG fw family is. These fws are point on accurate, and the easiest clubs to elevate from almost any lie, they set a new standard. I feel like Im dialing in with a short iron even at over 200 yards. I didn't even swap out the stock shafts yet. They remind of the EMB stock, feeling soft yet have more deceptive control then one would think.

The 15 was so easy to elevate I will probably get a 13 degree in the near future to max out distance potential.

The 22 degree though was the standout. I can use this club from 165 to 205 yards. It has become my favorite club, replacing 2 R9 TP hybrids.

I am awaiting the new Yamaha driver and hope to get it soon.

I just received my 15 and 22 degree EGG clubs last week. ONE WORD ... awesome.

Ive been an equipment fanatic for several years, I have tried several of the Japanese drivers EPON, YONEX , XDrive in various setups. This was my 1st try at a FW. I am blown away at how well designed the EGG fw family is. These fws are point on accurate, and the easiest clubs to elevate from almost any lie, they set a new standard. I feel like Im dialing in with a short iron even at over 200 yards. I didn't even swap out the stock shafts yet. They remind of the EMB stock, feeling soft yet have more deceptive control then one would think.

The 15 was so easy to elevate I will probably get a 13 degree in the near future to max out distance potential.

The 22 degree though was the standout. I can use this club from 165 to 205 yards. It has become my favorite club, replacing 2 R9 TP hybrids.

I am awaiting the new Yamaha driver and hope to get it soon.

I Had mine last week and i hadn't the time post, here goes, i have to agree with you that it reminded me of my EMB. Wierd sound, easy to hit, funny noise came out of it and pure straight.

initially i used matrix ozik 50 in s flex and i find it ok. but since i switched speeder shaft my gosh this thing is a beast. I have to agree that this is one of the easiest FW i have ever used. Totally recommended.

Hi T,

I dug up my PRGR Driving Spoon from the basement and it is also 43.5" and 15* same as the Yamaha. I bought it years ago and perhaps you can tell me the actual model year of this particular spoon from PRGR.

post-8082-1260669071.jpg

Edited by Duffer19

• 1 month later...

Hey Gocchin,

How would the PRGR 2010 EGG Impact PX-01 Driver compare to a Egg Spoon 13# for those whom are battling the driver ?

John

John,

The focus of the EGG driver is really for those who have trouble keeping the ball straight and in the fairway of the tee. It's shorter length provides control and allows more striking consistency. It of course has a larger sweet spot than the Spoon and is meant to generate more ball speeds due to the larger head and deeper CG. It will also spin less than the Spoon as most drivers do compared to fairway woods.

Come to think of it the 13* Spoon is good off the tee as well but since it is teed lower than the driver it actually produces a lower trajectory with more run. With a driver and the ball teed up, typically the driver strikes the ball on an upswing launching the ball at a higher angle for more carry.

Both will work off the tee, I guess in the end its what you are comfortable with.

Many of us Spoon owners find that the Spoon is not much shorter in distance than our actual driver.

Hey Gocchin,

How would the PRGR 2010 EGG Impact PX-01 Driver compare to a Egg Spoon 13# for those whom are battling the driver ?

John

I have had both and to me the Impact driver,which is still in the bag. is better. I probably hit it about 25 yards longer than the 13 degree Egg spoon. I get more carry and roll out was almost as much as the Spoon.

Aloha

Randy

I have had both and to me the Impact driver,which is still in the bag. is better. I probably hit it about 25 yards longer than the 13 degree Egg spoon. I get more carry and roll out was almost as much as the Spoon.

Aloha

Randy

Thanks for the info Randy, how does the impact driver compare with the EMB ?

Thanks for the info Randy, how does the impact driver compare with the EMB ?

The EMB was a little longer, maybe 10 to 15 yards, and of course a lot louder. 10 to 15 yards doesn't help you much if you are in the trees, deep rough or OB. I am so much more of a consistent driver with the Impact driver. I get a nice high ball flight, but the roll out is still very good. I would describe the Impact driver as a 3wd on steroids. In my opinion, the claims PRGR made on this driver are very true.

Aloha

Randy

Is PRGR GN502 same as the EGG Driver? What is the difference? Comparison to EMB?

Is PRGR GN502 same as the EGG Driver? What is the difference? Comparison to EMB?

If they were the same driver. I don't think PRGR would be selling them as different models... (^_^)

The GN502 is for the slicer who wants forgiveness and distance.

The EGG looks completely different and is made for the player who needs help with consistency striking the sweet spot and keeping the ball straight in the fairway. It is not meant to be super long but accurate and stable.

The GN502 is lightweight, the EGG is 20-25g heavier for more stability.

They both sound better than the EMB. The GN502 might square to the ball better than the EMB especially if you have no trouble with the longer shaft. The EGG sounds unique as most say.