Ryoma Demo Club - Feedback Forum

bogeydog

Can't wait!

I received the demo today, and despite persistent rain showers got it out on the range and on the course. During my demo, I hit approximately 50 balls at the range using my Cobra (Accusport) launch monitor and comparing it against my current gamer, a TaylorMade Superdeep with a Quadra Fire Express shaft. I also played a few holes, mainly hitting drivers off some holes to see if the ball landed in any new and unfamiliar places downrange (lol). Temps were somewhere around 49 degrees.

Looks - like the first poster, I enjoy the shape of the Ryoma from address. Ditto his other comments exactly <For a club design that is so evolved, I expected to see something crazy. Nope not really. Top view was pleasant, unremarkable and nothing crazy as expected. The sole of the club is different. Not disturbing or weird, juts different. I glanced at it and moved onto more important issues. The Vspec is all black. The first all black club I have played. Cool. The alignment appeared square as advertised.>

Feel - I was honestly extremely impressed with the feel of this club. As good or better than any other driver I've owned, which includes quite a few both domestic and JDM, including several Epons, Mizunos, Kamui, etc. The head feels solid. I found feel one of its strong points.

Sound - Quite a contrast to the Superdeep, which honestly is so loud it hurts my ears sometimes. Certainly not tinny or loud.

Performance - The launch monitor didn't really show all that much difference in the numbers, although my launch angle was better on the monitor and I did bomb one way long (for me) according to the monitor. On course though, I thought the ballflight was lower than normal for me. Contrary to the launch monitor results, I did find myself in some places, particularly on longer holes, that I had never been before. So I fiind the distance claims to be believable, particularly on well struck balls. On mis**ts, I didn't end up too far from the solid hits. I tended to hit a fade when I "missed" it and a straight ball when hit well. I normally hit a little draw when hitting it well.

In general, so far I think this club does as they advertise. For me it did not launch higher than other clubs with the same loft; rather, it seemed lower to me. But spin appears reasonable. In my case, I think the shaft is a pretty good fit (mid 90's swingspeed, smooth tempo). Playing a full round with it tomorrow and will provide further feedback.

Edited by Lennie

Hey Lennie,

Thanks for the honest feedback. It may just need the perfect shaft for you. In the beginning I struggled with the stock stiff shaft in the V-Spec. going right super high. I just slapped in the muziik bangvoo, waiting for the wind to die down before giving we a run.

• 1 month later...

It was actually in Hawaii but now its back on the mainland but will be in Hawaii again before stopping over in Asia.

finally, there is a line to try this club in the P.I.

• 3 months later...

It was actually in Hawaii but now its back on the mainland but will be in Hawaii again before stopping over in Asia.

Im very interested. When will it return to Hawaii. And who do we contact to arrange a trial. Aloha.

I am now in the market for a long-distance super forgiving driver to kick my game to a new level. I have been wondering about the Ryoma for a while, and I am wondering if this beauty will make its way to California in the near future ? Please put me in line for a trial :)