Miura forging

Vegaman

Hi

According to Miuras new CEO Andy Barr, Miura owns the foundry in Himeiji where they forge all their heads.. I was pretty sure that they received the already forged heads and only did smoothening and grining/finishing at the Miura factory. Can anybody shed some light on this? Chris? Tario?

How can a small maker like Miura own a foundry? The economics seems out of whack.

More Controversy..lol

Ok so please click here: Miura Manufacturing Techniques

Then Click "See Details"

Steps 1,2,3 are done at Tada MFG.

Step 4 is done at Miura.

I don't consider that Miura forged but I can see how it can be marketed that way.

I never spoke with Andy but around the same time we exposed Scratch Golf for using S25C not 1018 as advertised I spoke with Bill H.

Bill H had vague answers. Keep in mind I already knew the skinny and asked him if miura forges their clubs in their 2 buildings, he said they had another factory in Himeji they own. He described Tada mfg. Cool I know that place! I contacted them through my contacts and Miura doesn't own any of it. Called Bill H back his story shifted to they own the Majority of it. I confirmed that was not the case either... Never returned my call or email after that.

Really I don't care they make a great product. They grind heads very well and the tolerance is tight. They also have a very nice finish to their clubs. I think those are the pro's. Con's well its spin welded 2-D design which saves them money on tooling. Dated and more traditional manufacturing. It's more crafting than high end manufacturing.

My sources are super legit!

exactly! Vegaman got into the argument over at WRX which basically turned into "yes they do / no they dont" crap as that usually happens but that argument aside who cares ?! most people dont even understand the manufacturing process start to finish with enough depth to make buying decisions based on that so what difference does it make. they all do some of that, Kenmochi line is swordsmiths tradition. hows that relevant to golf clubs ?! does he fold driver faces with a hammer or hand polishes his wedges with super expensive polishing stones used for nihonto polishing and wraps hand made grips out of rayskin and silk ? anybody who wanna be 100% sure go walk the walk and sue them for false advertisement but what good would it do to anybody i honestly dunno. they have a word for it, its called "marketing" and marketing is full of bs per definition.

Really I don't care they make a great product.

Since frequenting here at TSG, I'm learning so much. I was one if those who only know the usmarket being in Sydney & all I knew back then was that when it comes to legendary forging then it's gotta be Miura :)

Yea Chris, spill the beans :)

I would think most of the better players prefer the miuras because of the grind and traditional shape, and probably couldnt care less about how, where or who forges them, i hit tsg member Dans 1957s on the weekend and i thought they felt every bit as good as the AF tours

I would think most of the better players prefer the miuras because of the grind and traditional shape, and probably couldnt care less about how, where or who forges them, i hit tsg member Dans 1957s on the weekend and i thought they felt every bit as good as the AF tours

god ive thrown my hat in on wrx a cpl of times , i couldn t stand to read the dribble some times, the utter rubbish, its stunning at tmes, especailly about JDM and particularly about miura clubs

ive used 5 differnt sets of this rons and plenty of his wedges over the yrs

some are MUCH better than others.

the 1957, and the isms are def his top stuff.

i agree totally with skip, when u get hold of these they are every bit as good, just slightly more solid as anything out there.

they look awsome inspire confidence and feel down right great.

i dont care who makes anything as long as conssistancy and tollerances are GOOD.

you do get some wishy washy answers from guys.

like my sakamotos, ive asked tis guy 19 times about his clubs i get nothing thats printable or decyperable back.

but his irons feel pretty good, they should do they are fricken expensive enough.!

marketing is golf.

Got this from Miura......We have answered this question many times. Those who perpetuate the mistruths have yet to respond to our offers of a tour of our factory.

Miura irons are produced, start to finish at the renowned Miura factory in Himeji, Japan. The initial strike of the billet of soft carbon steel takes place at the Stage One facility, located approximate a mile from the main factory. We are not sure why this erroneous information continues to be reported, especially since our operations are transparent and available for observation at any time.

Those wishing to tour the Miura manufacturing facilities are able to so and can make arrangements by contacting Bill Holowaty, EVP Product Strategies. ([email protected]).

Miura USA President, Adam Barr ([email protected]), is also available to answer any questions regarding this matter.

Everything in that post is accurate except for one thing... The factory a mile down the road isn't known as the Miura Foundry.

It's not known as that in Himeji or in the Japan golf industry. Maybe there is a secret secret building a mile down the road that no one knows about.

Everything in that post is accurate except for one thing... The factory a mile down the road isn't known as the Miura Foundry.

It's not known as that in Himeji or in the Japan golf industry. Maybe there is a secret secret building a mile down the road that no one knows about.

Gold!

• 1 month later...

What about Kenmochi? Is it that bad?