YAMAHA irons

supo

the 11s arethe mack daddy in looks then the 08s

the 09 and 10 have sharper lines on the back.

the head shape ibeleive is identical.

im playing the 10s with the NS 2fi5s i nthem right now in hawaii and im glad i brought these over not the 08s oras they still launch high but tighter and heavier.

getting the scorers to land soft and stick on the lovely paspalum grass. good combo!

the 2011s are the sexiest if u like rounded lines , if u like hard shaep lines the 09- 10s are better

just depeneds they pal fantastically.

bit of a worry on the big sole fron tho, for a digger it can get a bit deep somtimes.

but boy they pack a mean punch

these proto shafts are just out of this world, theres nothing like them (but then agn so they should be)

one more set to come and im conplete.

the 11s arethe mack daddy in looks then the 08s

the 09 and 10 have sharper lines on the back.

the head shape ibeleive is identical.

im playing the 10s with the NS 2fi5s i nthem right now in hawaii and im glad i brought these over not the 08s oras they still launch high but tighter and heavier.

getting the scorers to land soft and stick on the lovely paspalum grass. good combo!

the 2011s are the sexiest if u like rounded lines , if u like hard shaep lines the 09- 10s are better

just depeneds they pal fantastically.

bit of a worry on the big sole fron tho, for a digger it can get a bit deep somtimes.

but boy they pack a mean punch

these proto shafts are just out of this world, theres nothing like them (but then agn so they should be)

one more set to come and im conplete.

well a week solid of yamaha 2010 irons only .first time ive ever taken only one set

these things are super aggressive.

u most def cannot hang off them they are for thumping down on

the shafts are just so go -get -em so mucxh more than anything elese iver ever hit, but high and straight. land magnificently softly .

yesterday i ranged for a n hour after a round at ko'olau ( what the hell is that course all about???) and finally learned after 20 yrs of golf , how to hit down on a ball , ball after ball.

these clubs turned form , hmmmmm maybe ive bitten off more than i can chew

to out and out superb sticks.

now i see how the big boys hit so many greens regardless of conditions.

was striping the ball better than i ever have before and these are really incredible, (athoughi think they might still be a bit too much for me.)

boy the shaft change makes an incredible differrence. even the length change up from 5i @ 37.5 to 37.75 made these feel like a totally differnt club.

the yamaha brand is firmly entrenched in my bag now, going to take something monumental to usurp these.

cant wait ti gt back on saturday and play my new 2011s with te ORA X flex.

i dont think the 2f14s are going to find a home with me, after using the 215s tho.

these ones i think might be a step too far day in day out

after a solid week tho ive got them wired, but dont htink ill game them every day

the oras have that duty.

super super clubs

over all rating day in out 9.8/10

Dammit when are you guys going to listen to me? The Yamaha s**t is the real deal!!!

Dammit when are you guys going to listen to me? The Yamaha s**t is the real deal!!!

cant relate guys :tsg_smiley_old: hopefully in the next season or two i will see the light

I love the 2010 model and gamed the standard V Forged last year.. .not only awesome feel but I was surprised at how forgiving they were and their distance. I yearn to play them again!

T get em back in yr bag.

they are soft/hard.

like a balloon full of water

loving them dearly.

the 2010 hve grown on me a lot , that extra slash lines on the back actualy appeals to me now.

ill post some piccys this weekend of my yamaha hoard.

heres the piccy of my yamaha collection

2011 Ns proto ora X 37.75 perfect pro rubber

2008 ns proto ora stiff iomic x evolution 37.75

2010 ns proto 37.75 f215 X perfect pro cord

the actual head shape doesnt look like itd been changed at all just the cavity section

gaming the 2011s tomorrow first time.

since ive been playing these my iron play has greatly improved in consistancy

i dont htink they are as knock em down as my kyoeis and miuras , but i cant fault the fact that m play has most definatly improved.

so i cant game any thing else

Stew,

I have played a lot lately and am hitting irons well again. With the addition of the Akira fw woods, I am playing 5-PW. I am curious to see how the 2011s satisfy you. I appreciate the awesomeness of the irons more than ever. I know that a pure shot is great on any club, but these just have something. They are soft, but they have a little crisp edge to them that is like the perfect pizza crust. One attribute that I mentioned over and over with the 2008 that repeats itself with the 2011 is the ability to control spin. You mentioned that your experience with the 2010 is that you enjoyed hitting down on the ball with the 2010 irons. I can assure you that the 2011 model enjoys this also.

im really happy with all ofthem so far, i ranged withte 2011s on wed , and had some good fun, i think the shafts i nthem make a hugmongous differnce. over al i like the 2011s shape best, but cant say anything till i try and take my buddies coin tomorrow

im gaming 5-pw i nthe 2011s

i just rotate the 3 and 4 if i need them from the 08s .

i play 5- pw and my egg iron , that covers a 3 nad 3 no probs , just a higher shot , and in japan i dont need 3 and a 4 iron 99% of the time.

cant wait to see whta they are coming out with this yr!

gamed these on sunday . the ora in X flex is noticeably heavier, sturdier, less moveable and thumping than the stiff version

the head shape being the same is great bec i get to test the shafts out and see how much difference they actually make .

the 2011 heads seeeem a little lower than the 08s

they are less forgiving than the 08s.

but def not as hard as the 2010s

somewhere in between

the 08s seem to have the most forgivness and are the softest to hit, a bit easier than the others

the 2011s juts look so money, the clean round lines nad shae is truely the best.

big big fan

how ever

the 08s are the kings still.

just the most enjoyabe over all to hit

Stew,

Yep that is how I see it however it has been so long since I hit the 08s. The 11s are great in every respect. The 08s a touch more forgiving in the lower irons. The 7+ I would rate very close to one another. Awesome either way.

its kinda confusing i take it if there was a set to own its the 08s? il wait for some reviews of the 12s

before deciding on picking up a set. if the 12s werent in the picture i would have put my money on

the 8s.