YAMAHA irons

supo

I think its well documented ,that i dont mind an iron set or 2..,or 3............ or 4........................,

and i do get to hit my fair share of irons.

my current sotck include a lot of varied stlyes ,shapes and shafts

but every now and then i hit something that makes me go whoa there

YAMAHA inpres V forge tour models.

not my traditional blades. not a cavity some beautiful blend of muscle back, its def not a cavity tho.

the heads are square with straight lines, small mid body in size.

and the feel is just magnificent, they arnt as solid as the kyoeis nor as soft as the epons

in themiddle , the soles are likewise smallerthan epon af tour but bigger than miura

theres no scufing the turf i encountered with the beautiful epon 302s

similar style to these but a bit lower launch

i was so stoked by the 2008 model i also bought the 2010s they are a littlle lower agn ,the centre of gravity is a litttle higher by the feel of it and makes hitting down onto the ball a lot nicer ,flight for my eyes.

they re def a little more difficelt than the 08s but they seem a little more players style.

the 2010 have the DG x 100s in them which freaked me out, but afte using them , i have no issues what so ever , the harshness of DG doenst seeem aparent with these heads, and th DG low launch heavier shafts seem perfect i n theese heads.

im late in discovering yammy iorns, but now i have i can assure you they are the best.

for all my loves of JDM , IF a geenie came to me and said

"son u can only play one brand for the rest of ur life iits ur choice..............................."

id be gaming YAMAHA without a doubt.

the driver is superb, the v series fws are incredible, the utilities adorable. the wedges not a prob, and now the irons?

why i DONT do this just amazes me.

the attention to detail in yamaha is terrific, the sound of the drivers, the fws and now the feel and playability of thier irons .

yea ....,im a yammy guy........!

Edited by supo67

i have not had the pleasure of hitting any of their irons, i however hope to be lucky

enough to get the particular model you mentioned. Yamaha is super top tiered JDM.

they are not cheap and with the amount of money they spend on RND i am not surprised.

seems like the only non yamaha are your wedges and utes, you sold the hybrids right?

all their stuff is top notch and i had the pleasure of hitting their drivers and woods, super good

feel. now those irons got me thinking again. even the lines are perfect. the new wedge looks like

pure bliss as well!

IMG_9159.jpg

they look very good.

id get that black paint fill out of them tho.

im gaming the yamahas 2010 tom front nine and the epon af tours back nine

2 totlly differnt bags tomorrow front and back nines.

they look very good.

id get that black paint fill out of them tho.

im gaming the yamahas 2010 tom front nine and the epon af tours back nine

2 totlly differnt bags tomorrow front and back nines.

And the 2008 on thev3rd 9 :atsg_logo_anim:

Welcome. We have been keeping a seat open for you for a long time?

The current v tour model looks so good. If I am buying a set of irons then that will be the one.

If you like the Yammy Tours you may also like the 905 CB's as well. Yamaha makes great stuff!

The new wedge as shown by Spoon has that same boxy toe as the Tour's which is something unique and very appealing to me.

Welcome. We have been keeping a seat open for you for a long time?

yes indeed dog-san.

finally the veil hath been lifted.

the new wedge looks like

pure bliss as well!

IMG_9159.jpg

The wedge looks very very good. Any chance of a review by anyone who has tried them?

Edited by FatMan

If you like the Yammy Tours you may also like the 905 CB's as well. Yamaha makes great stuff!

The new wedge as shown by Spoon has that same boxy toe as the Tour's which is something unique and very appealing to me.

They look very sexy too. Anyone hit both irons for comparison?

Yamaha would also be my choice of brand if I could only play one brand. I love my V201 Driver. Wouldn't change that one. Their irons look superb and wedges I would go for the old inpres x wedges with the unbelievably sharp grooves. Unfortunatly, I can't find a set of these anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone tell me why the 2008 Tours are so good please? Are they better than current?

Can someone tell me why the 2008 Tours are so good please? Are they better than current?

wait for stew to chime in, he absolutely swears by them. he has the 10 and 11 as well.

bogeys the man for this question . hes had them all

the o8s are more like a muscle cavity, they launch a littel higher than t the( 2010s )and i feel i dont have to swing quite as hard in the long irons.

over all i think they are a little easier to hit.

i cant get em out of my bag.

There are extensive pics and reviews in the archives. The 2008s are a somewhat classic design improved. Small head, square toe, little offset, meat low and heavy in the back center. They are rather easy to hit, getting it up is no issue. A solid, soft, yet crisp feel.

The 2011s are interesting. The 2009-2010 models tried new things in the cavity back. The 2011 grabbed the best if these and the meat of the 08s and had babies. The result was a tweaked 2008. The 11s are as good as the 08s. Not better, but as good. The short irons have a better trajectory. The feel is a tad more crisp. I can tell you that each has ruined me for other irons. Each time I deviate from them, I find the others to be less satisfying and in some cases toy-like. I would like to try the non tour one day.

There are extensive pics and reviews in the archives. The 2008s are a somewhat classic design improved. Small head, square toe, little offset, meat low and heavy in the back center. They are rather easy to hit, getting it up is no issue. A solid, soft, yet crisp feel.

The 2011s are interesting. The 2009-2010 models tried new things in the cavity back. The 2011 grabbed the best if these and the meat of the 08s and had babies. The result was a tweaked 2008. The 11s are as good as the 08s. Not better, but as good. The short irons have a better trajectory. The feel is a tad more crisp. I can tell you that each has ruined me for other irons. Each time I deviate from them, I find the others to be less satisfying and in some cases toy-like. I would like to try the non tour one day.

you said it ! i honestly like em without babies. from your observation why bother even with the

non tour. easy to deviate from perfection but dont expect to outodo them. this s the charactetistic

of most golfers:)

hope to own the 08s one of these days

The difference between the older Tours until now is minimal. Visually I can see it but to be totally honest performance wise the only thing I have noticed was some are slightly more forgiving than others slightly higher or lower trajectory and that's about it. 08-11 are all awesome in my book. Just wish I had the game for it.

PRGR Limited CB

Yamaha Limited CB

TourStage Limited CB

Can't go wrong with any of these. I like the TourStage for forgiveness. The PRGR for feel and Yamaha because it's the most sexy looking.

• 3 weeks later...

Bob are the11s more offset

ibalked at a set today bec thet looked a bit morethan tje 08s

they are on hold till i decided

the 08s esp in the 89pw looked more sqaure and agressive

maybe it was just ne but i thought hamg ona tic these do look worked

the2010 i dont notice a diff what so ever tho

Bob are the11s more offset

ibalked at a set today bec thet looked a bit morethan tje 08s

they are on hold till i decided

the 08s esp in the 89pw looked more sqaure and agressive

maybe it was just ne but i thought hamg ona tic these do look worked

the2010 i dont notice a diff what so ever tho

I don't have the 08 any longer so I can't provide a side by side comparison. However my eye doesn't see any appreciable offset in the 2011 model. I think the 08s have a slightly more square look from top so that may be creating the look of less offset.

Right to do or not to do

tje back shape is a vast improvement

that look wins

gotta step up bought a set of ns protos to putthem in last night ora x from carlos tomodachi

gotta try em

Right to do or not to do

tje back shape is a vast improvement

that look wins

gotta step up bought a set of ns protos to putthem in last night ora x from carlos tomodachi

gotta try em

Good good. It worked out with Jon?

You have two excellent 2f15s as well

Low launch proto blues !

I suggest the orax gointothe 11s.

The Ora s will be sent to pi if you no

Longer have a need for em. :tsg_smiley_pimp:

• 2 weeks later...

finally puled the trigeur on the 2011s

the cavity is the sexiest design along with the epon 302 ive seen.

pulled the shafts and putting a set of Ns proto ORA x flex in them , wont be ready for hawaii unfortunatly, but im taking the 2010s for a good workout.

the 2011s are exactly the same lie as the previous models.

they are exactly as bogey said ,a meld of the 08s and the 10s

lower ball flight then the 08s

the cavity just wins.

could be bibibibi to blades for ever.

oh and..........,

damn those wedges look good

gotta get a set of them.

keep pontificating over them.

right im getting em, taking em to hawaii tonight

report in a cpl of days.

Edited by supo67

Nice Stew. Do they launch that much lower hence the orange?