EGG Fairway Reshaft suggestions.

chinkwan

I have been playing lousy with my PRGR Egg. I am thinking the light oem shaft seems to be the culprit.

Every shot has a fade in it or it's a ground shot.

I have great success with Rombax 5x07 stiff, tipped 3/4" on a ViQ Driver and a Ys6+ Reg on a Tour Burner Head.

My swingspeed is 90-95mph on a driver. I hit my 7 iron 155-160yds on a NS Pro V90 Stiff shaft.

I research this site and other sites, I see a lot of medium to high trajectory shafts suggested.. what about the spin rate, its not mentioned anywhere.

Candidates suggested include Diamana Red Board, Kaili.. Are there any offerings from GD that would fit? What about Rombax 6X07??

Suggestions are welcome. Many thankx in advance.

i loved the rombax 6vos , vey very low shaft crayz stiff for its specs, had that in a callway erc , boy thatwas a good club.

red bard NONONONONONNONONNONNNNONOo. to high be snanpiing it left all day

blue board yes

kaili yes

but kaili low

GD md seris yes!

di yes

obv the crayz 80 fw and quadra ive played in the eggs til the cows come home

yes yes yes..!

DI , DJ ,QT MD, QT

any low mid kick shaft would be awesome

if i were to choose one over and over the Tour ad DI.

mid high launch with low low spin. probably the best shaft

for the fairway wood at the moment.

I just put a 7V05 tipped 0.5" in my egg spoon and find its much more stable, not only the club but my swing due to the additional weight. Still launches nice and strong but very straight.

The Quattrotech is also very good as Spoon mentioned.

I have been playing lousy with my PRGR Egg. I am thinking the light oem shaft seems to be the culprit.

I have great success with Rombax 5x07 stiff, tipped 3/4" on a ViQ Driver and a Ys6+ Reg on a Tour Burner Head.

My swingspeed is 90-95mph on a driver. I hit my 7 iron 155-160yds on a NS Pro V90 Stiff shaft.

I research this site and other sites, I see a lot of medium to high trajectory shafts suggested.. what about the spin rate, its not mentioned anywhere.

Candidates suggested include Diamana Red Board, Kaili.. Are there any offerings from GD that would fit? What about Rombax 6X07??

What do you want to achieve? Most at your SS can do with a bit of spin for elevation and maximising carry hence probably why the redboard was recommended. The shafts you mentioned and what others are recommending are all good FW shaft but one of them will fit you the best depending on what you want to achieve.

The GD Quattro Tech gets my vote. (quattrotech)

FWIW... move it back in your stance slightly....

Edited by idrive

idrive, thanks for your tip. I will try it out.. I tend to come too steep on the ball as I tend to see a channel made by the ball when I strike it (Pacific Northwest-fairways tend to be softer)

My drives are 220-240 carry and I get very good flat trajectory out of it with the Rombax 5X07 Stiff/ViQ.

For the EGG 3 and 5.... I mainly use it for 2nd shots on long par5s (over 200yds on the 2nd shot) and for dog leg holes or very narrow fairways that have water harzards.

Sounds like I want a medium launch shaft from you guy's analysis?? Does that infer the egg is a high launching head??

It certainly launches super high with the oem 43m/s but how much is that attributed to the head or the shaft??

What are the implications of high/med/low spin on the shaft??

I am a newbie, kindly advise. Many thanks in advance.

Lastly, I have Tour AD W70 Stiff untipped and a Accra SC65 M4 untipped, both pulled from Drivers.. do you think those are any good for fwy duty??

• 1 month later...

For a slightly cheaper option, try the Machline FW shafts. http://www.tourspecgolf.com/Mach-Line-Fairway-Wood-Shafts

I got a FW75 in my titleist 910F and i like it alot.

At $120, always worth a try!

Mine as the Matrix Ozik 6 in the 17*and boy does it feel GOOD!!

OK shaft gurus. Blue Board for 80 bucks or GD DI 6 for 299? both seem liked as a replacement?

Winners think I like..

I bot two brand new Dimana Blue Board at $80 each off fleaby for my Egg 3 and 5..

Will be pulling and selling the MD7S off the 15 Egg.. great shaft.. just too heavy for me!

Hi,

My first reaction to this was that if you are fading constantly, then in general speak, the shaft MAY be too stiff for you. Your driver swing speed also would seem to suggest you may be on the border of flexes depending on which shaft and brand but perhaps closer to regular. I have tried the YS6 and the Rombax and both play very differently.. to ME and the Rombax plays more one piece like than the YS6. I'm quite surprised you feel comfortable with both. That reaction is however negated by your 7I carry which is good for that SS indication I think. Are you better with your irons than woods? I am.

Where I am getting at is you may be playing too stiff a shaft for your EGG? I would suggest if you want to change, try a regular and for the EGG and if you want GD which I totally suggest as does Spoon, the DI shaft is great. For like for like, I think a DI-5 would match the weight of thhe stock shaft and try the R1 tipped. If you want a 60 plus gram, than the DI-6 in SR. If you find that too low spinning, then GD has a FW shaft in the SF-6 which I would suggest in SR flex as well. GDs play and feel very different to me than Fujis. My 2 cents VAT tax included.

Thanks for your suggestion, I have ordered Diamana BB and a YS6+ to try on the EGG.. I will report back on my findings.

I am fading on the OEM PRGR Egg M43 shaft.. I am guessing it's too light as that's the only club that I have problem fading..

Anyways, thanks again for the suggestions and I will report back on my findings.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your suggestion, I have ordered Diamana BB and a YS6+ to try on the EGG.. I will report back on my findings.

I am fading on the OEM PRGR Egg M43 shaft.. I am guessing it's too light as that's the only club that I have problem fading..

Anyways, thanks again for the suggestions and I will report back on my findings.

Hi,

Any updates on this?