Swiss Made Precision Putter Design

Mybluc4

Unusual, Sharp and REALLY EXPENSIVE...$3000

Val Putter #2.doc

Swiss Putter Design.doc

The cheapest thing you can do is split the neck from the head and use a screw or weld.

good feeling vibrations from impact is lost through gaps, holes, and screws.

The cheapest thing you can do is split the neck from the head and use a screw or weld.

good feeling vibrations from impact is lost through gaps, holes, and screws.

What do you want for $3200?

• 2 weeks later...

The Swiss are some of the worst golfers in the world. Not sure I would trust them with building a putter for me, especially at that price!

How can you tell?

The Swiss are some of the worst golfers in the world. Not sure I would trust them with building a putter for me, especially at that price!

How can you tell?

How can I tell with respect to the putter or the golfers in Switzerland?? I lived in Zurich for 4 years...I see you live in Switzerland yourself. Very few golf courses, very limited practice facilities and the Swiss are better known for top tennis and skiers vs golfers. Certainly Jesper Parnevik has made his mark, but very few other Swiss pros.

Swiss engineering has always been a marvel and that putter looks interesting, but there will be no or extremely few buyers at that price from a relatively unknown putter maker.

I hear, I hear... you have lived in Switzerland. I must admit that I'd share your opinion about the Swiss playing golf. In fact I would go even further but I would perhaps insult somebody unintentionally so I'll just let it stand as you said... they can't play the game.

You might have recognized that my golf game is not top notch eighter.... 17.7 handicap sais is all...

P.S. Jasper Parnevik is was and will be a Swede but never Swiss... :-)

You really do make me smile here...

Oh, and about the putter... would you buy it? I wouldn't because there are much nicer putters out there made in Japan by real craftsmen with a family tradition backing them up...

And the price? Simply ridiculous!

What do you want for $3200?

Something at least milled from a solid block of japanese SUS303. Custom options like Finish, head weight, tungsten design, custom alignment, face milling, shaft and grip.

The reason why companies have a separate neck piece is to save money. One block of metal can make 2-4 heads where solid block heads are 1-2.

Lots of brands hide 2-piece putter heads with a weld. It's so trendy that some customers ask sasaya-san to do a weld neck. So sasaya cut's the neck off then welds it back on. I guess they are shooting for that distressed look.

Something at least milled from a solid block of japanese SUS303. Custom options like Finish, head weight, tungsten design, custom alignment, face milling, shaft and grip.

The reason why companies have a separate neck piece is to save money. One block of metal can make 2-4 heads where solid block heads are 1-2.

Lots of brands hide 2-piece putter heads with a weld. It's so trendy that some customers ask sasaya-san to do a weld neck. So sasaya cut's the neck off then welds it back on. I guess they are shooting for that distressed look.

One piece putter ... thats bettinardi claim that his are superior putters. Cant say i disagree.

Funny that you mentioned people breaking the neck and have it welded back on. It has the appearance of a hand-made putter. I broke my putters neck trying to bend to a flatter lie angle once and had it welded back on. The feel had a subtle difference. Cant remember if it was worse or better.

ive had a ton of clubs.

but ive mangedto stay imune to uberschloken crazy expensive putters.

my local shop has oodles of scotty museum pieces in it for around 10,000 a piece. LOTS of them.

i stand there staring at them totally befuddled.

is there that much of adifference between a $ 500 and a $ 10,000 one

ive plenty of yamada hand milled and hiro matsumotos.

and ive been informed that regardless of what people talk about the quality of the steel they both use is the best there is.

im most def NO expert on putters thats for sure!

but that piece of info came from the guy at one of these 2 cos.

and he mentioned that the "other one in fact used to make a cpl of putters that were beter putters than his co can make , thats HUGE cudos to that guy for stating that . i said i ahve both models mentioned and i wil agree with what he said, but i still have 5 of his models and they are super , but hes right.

the other co. cant make the great one anymore for persoanl and cost reasons.

and this is hte best of the best.

so how does it become 10,000 when u add the name scotty cameron

i must be missing something pretty big here.

but as i said im no expert.

you know what you are right, ive seen a lot of putters with the weld neck that are touted

as tour protos and handmade , in fact the weld neck commands higher price bec it connotes

more work done as opposed to a 1 block machine hand milled putter. BUT the one block costs

more in the long run and wastes more material.

however if you do the the math, with the welded necks, not only do they save on having two pieces,

they also charge proportionately more for welding them back together. that is good marketing indeed:)