KBS c- tapers

supo

saw my first set of these today. look like they are made of aluminium, one piece construction reminds me of flighted satin PX.

coudnt get any info form the guy, thougth id ask the experts here.

whats the scoop on them flight, weight, suitability?

i was interested but not overly , as i havnt had any good experiences with kbs tours at all

ive had them in a few bits and pieces didnt suit me.

but these are pretty eye catching

Hey Stew. I'm finding it great, lower flight, doest get as affected against breeze, gr8 feel. Lastly, this will challenge any of ur irons shafts dispersion wise. Very tight. I have shaved quite a few strokes now & really working hard on my greenside game coz my misses are just off the green.

I went R+ b/c I prefer the 115g class HSx1 and it frequencies similar to dgs300 & project x 5.5.

S 120g S+ 125g. DG X100 is more likely an S+

E

Edited by Eca

Try them, you'll like them, a lot.

• 1 month later...

I'm also going to give C-Taper a shot as my next shaft

• 4 weeks later...

Well I used the c- taper today and wow, totally different to the KBS tour!

I'm thinking of testing the R+ in a Forged Head( for test purposes it's a Vega CB)...

As for the looks.... Deffo different!

Anyone looking to play them, best get fit by someone as they do play around 1/2 a flex stiffer than the STD KBS Tours. You might end up with a set that are too stiff.

Anyone looking to play them, best get fit by someone as they do play around 1/2 a flex stiffer than the STD KBS Tours. You might end up with a set that are too stiff.

Cheers for that,

Maybe even 1 flex.

Looks like R flex then for me!

Looks like R flex then for me!

I would bet the R flex would feel better and play better for you. I spoke to Kim Braly in person and he said the C Taper was designed to fit only about 5% of golfers. Interesting it has such a following. Personally they didn't work for me.

I would bet the R flex would feel better and play better for you. I spoke to Kim Braly in person and he said the C Taper was designed to fit only about 5% of golfers. Interesting it has such a following. Personally they didn't work for me.

I'll report back with the Results soon!!

would be glad to hear your result. It really felt stiffer than say a nippon shaft, mine is R+ I think i should have gotten the R flex.

There is a chart. An R+ hardstepped once frequencied the closest to a DGS300 & Project x 5.5. They feel firm though and tight. Best dispersion shaft i ever owned and feels good on good swing but it will feel quite harsh on bad swing.

From personal experience and reviews I have read, most go too stiff. This is a shaft that is best a little soft than a little firm. If anything get one shaft, install it and test.

From personal experience and reviews I have read, most go too stiff. This is a shaft that is best a little soft than a little firm. If anything get one shaft, install it and test.

Ahhh great minds think alike!

That is what I've done Sir... I tried the S, and like I said it's far to S for me!!

Going with standard R flex...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

these shafts definitely perform as promised with good feel and great dispersion on top of their distance, trajectory, and spin claims. i used to play more of an s flex but fit these into my forged cobra s3 pros in the r+. shortly thereafter i shot my first sub par round. that may have been a coincidence but i was quite impressed with the shafts before that anyways.

i'm really curious how the c-tapers compare to the nippon spb's that i keep hearing about...

Got a set of these going into Callaway x protos this week. Was getting similar numbers to Nippon modus 3 in x flex withe the c tapers in stiff. But my dispersion was tighter and it was a more consistent feel through the swing. And they look really cool!