Epon Af tour

sandee11

I was told there is nothing in the near future that will replace the AFTours.

Not sure about the 302's....

You would have one of the most desirable sets on the planet with the combo set of tours and 302's.

I would be seriously interested to see how they could possibly improve on the current AF Tour or 302's, both sets are absolutely tops... I think I'm gonna try out bagging a combo set of them today, see how it goes...

J.

Pretty much everyone who buys as a combo set has the lofts adjusted. I typically suggest 1* weaker for the 302's and 1* stronger for the blades to maintain a 3* spread.

T

that right isnt it the af tours are 48* in pw, no?

the 302 are 46* if im not mistaken????

iguess ud go 3-4-5-6-7 in 302 and 8-9-pw in af tours

thast what id do .

the 7 iorn ithink is better with the 302 still get that solid thump . 8-9-pw shoot the lights out .

oh and get the lies flattend by 1* at LEAST....!

1* weaker for the AF302 and 1* stonger for the tours... no that is right.

Cause for example the the AF302 6 iron is 30*. The AF Tour 7 iron is 36*.

So the AF302 needs to go 1* weaker to 31* and the AF Tour 1* stronger to 35* making a 6* gap only 4*.

T

It's late, I should have gone to bed already..... brain is not working correctly... hate it when this happens....

jef im back loving 302s i flattend the bejeussout of my rogue 7 iron 2* and i hit it wonderfully wonderfully..

i think theres a time coming when i might just capitulate and grab a set back.

and it has to be in copper!!!!!!

if ONLY i knew about flattening earlier. would have saved me a fortune.

Hey stew, how come the 302/af tour needed to flatten by at least 1 degree? Is there any particular reason(s)? Also weaken / strengthen the loft would affect the bounce? How much distance would be affected by 2 degree strong/ week? Thx!!

Hey stew, how come the 302/af tour needed to flatten by at least 1 degree? Is there any particular reason(s)? Also weaken / strengthen the loft would affect the bounce? How much distance would be affected by 2 degree strong/ week? Thx!!

Flatting the iron is for stews particular case. Just because he flattens the iron doesn't mean you should.

It all depends on each individual's swing and obviously stew is hitting it more pure with a flatter lie. But his swing is different from yours.

Changing the lofts does have an affect on the bounce as well but 1* is minimal since the bounce is low already on the irons. Increasing loft by 1* will also increase bounce by 1*. and vice versa. Of course distance is affected as well which is all the more reason why its done. You don't need a 25y gap between your AF-302 6 iron and AF-Tour 7 iron.

The Epon lies play a touch upright I have found, I flatten just about every club 1* and the AF Tours and 302's play very slightly more upright than all my other sets, it may not be that way for everyone, but I think that's what Stew is getting at.

J.

I had my 502's knocked down 1* .... wish I'd bought the 302's tho!

yes sorry. thast exactly what i was trying to get at.

ididint check the lies on mine i just presumed it was as everything else , but i kept scuffing the heel, no matter what i hit.

next weekeend i hit my miuraisms and if anything got them offfthe toe.

confused i was.................

i took them both to the clubbuilder and low and behold i found the gap was 3* different. so i met in the middle .

i play all clubs with a refernece of the 5i at 59.5* or 60* now, that seeems to suit me perfectly.

but it took a long time and much much yen to work that out.

now im enlightened .

Is the lie angle On the epon irons are more upright than other irons? The closest fitting place for me would be an hour away by airplane...... I am hoping I could find out all this info before I order. Is the standard 5 iron length 38"? Thx for help

Is the lie angle On the epon irons are more upright than other irons? The closest fitting place for me would be an hour away by airplane...... I am hoping I could find out all this info before I order. Is the standard 5 iron length 38"? Thx for help

Different brands have different standards (i.e. Epon is more upright than Yamaha). It would be best if you know what lie angles you need then, you can order them to your specs, length included.

The Epon lies play a touch upright I have found, I flatten just about every club 1* and the AF Tours and 302's play very slightly more upright than all my other sets, it may not be that way for everyone, but I think that's what Stew is getting at.

J.

I've been playing standard lie for all my golf years and fitted as such. Also just got fitted as standard for my Epons.

What makes ppl think Epons play more upright than other irons?

I've been playing standard lie for all my golf years and fitted as such. Also just got fitted as standard for my Epons.

What makes ppl think Epons play more upright than other irons?

the specs. they seem to be .5 more upright than

other jdm brands.

the specs. they seem to be .5 more upright than

other jdm brands.

Hmmm...first time I'm hearing it. Have to check with my fitter