Epon AF Tour/302 and Miura Tournament with shaft advice

mygreenaliem

I am seriously confused and need expert help from you wise owls here on two irons:

I recently had Miura Tournament ltd edition blades built for me using Shimada Pro shafts (I already had the tournament with old generation PX 6.2 shafts and really liked them) but thought the shimadas would be a good alternative. Well, after three days of solid practice/playing, I just aint getting the Shimadas. They feel heavier (although swing weighted to same as previous set) and feel I have to swing really hard to get the best out of them - which I do not want to do. My pro has said to go back to my old set!! I like the PX but seems people dont rate them here? If I could have a similar feel but in a lighter shaft is this possible? Suggestions?

I am also going to get some Epon AF tour 5-PW and 302 nr 4 iron. What is the advice on shafts for these? Can I/should I use same shafts as the Miura's. liking the thought of Crazy tour lites....

Swing speed with a six iron is 85-90mph and I swing best with smooth tempo. I would rather go for lighter shaft.

Help greatly appreciated.

Shimadas play rather stiff to flex, a Stiff fits most guys who play X flex in other shafts, soft step them and in reasonably sure you'll have better results at your SS.

J.

If you would like to stick to Shimada, I recommend trying Tour lite. It is a good shaft and almost 20g lighter than the Pro or you may go for Shimada Tour as I use in my AF tour. Both are really good.

i agree shimada tour in Stiff flex seem to play heavier .

i have no issue at all about them being sloppy. or too rigid.

i dont find them X ish, rather more of a mid flighted slingshotty stiff.

they arnt the tightest shaft ive hit.

but i find d them absolutely superb in my miuras best shaft i tried in them.

over all they dont really do anything special, they just .....................do.

the lite might be the better bet .

or a NS 1150 maybe ,?

they seem to play LOT more rigid and seem to play a lot lighter.

i havnt hit hte tour lites. so cant help u there.

in af tours i think ull find the majoiry of guys that have hit NS super peening blues in them swear blind by them

they just seem made for each other

Guys keep in mind C is talking about US Model Shimada PRO shafts which are different from Shimada Tours. They are in fact heavier than the Tours.

I think the Tours in Stiff would do the trick as the Tour Lite stiff might be too soft for C.

i agree shimada tour in Stiff flex seem to play heavier .

i have no issue at all about them being sloppy. or too rigid.

i dont find them X ish, rather more of a mid flighted slingshotty stiff.

they arnt the tightest shaft ive hit.

but i find d them absolutely superb in my miuras best shaft i tried in them.

over all they dont really do anything special, they just .....................do.

the lite might be the better bet .

or a NS 1150 maybe ,?

they seem to play LOT more rigid and seem to play a lot lighter.

i havnt hit hte tour lites. so cant help u there.

in af tours i think ull find the majoiry of guys that have hit NS super peening blues in them swear blind by them

they just seem made for each other

Thank you - I was hoping you would chime in as I respect your views and I think your right about the Shimadas - they do. I knew as soon as I hit them they were not right. I have been told the super peening are essentially a dynamic gold clone???? I hiot my old miuras with orogonal PX today and hit them SO much better than the new ones.... I am baffled.

Guys keep in mind C is talking about US Model Shimada PRO shafts which are different from Shimada Tours. They are in fact heavier than the Tours.

I think the Tours in Stiff would do the trick as the Tour Lite stiff might be too soft for C.

Good point on that - I had not thought of that. Still not an easy decision without the ability to try various shafts out...... wish I was in USA or Japan and not the UAE!!!!

Thanks guys.