Epon Personal Blade Picture Thread!

the differnce is pretty marked.

ive played the NS c10s the DP X the modus 3 and the monacco and the monacco EASILY suit these heads best...

i was quite taken aback by how much better.

as a thought id be surprised if the X100s didnt go superbly as well.

i think lower shafts in these heads as a general rule....

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but when are you guys selling;)

Selling shaft pulls or selling Personals?

i think lower shafts in these heads as a general rule....

SP Blues?

yea that immediatly sprang to mind..

i find the perosnals are very straight as a rule , they dont really share too many traits with blades.

thats why i kinda thought they were closer in style to the epon 302--yahama tour--- than blades.

so the SP blue would be a hell of a match!

yes damn good thought....

Yes, but when are you guys selling;)

Bbwwaaaaa hhaaaaaaa hhhaaaaa

I can't imagine anyone in his right mind. (besides spoon) that would sell these.

Bbwwaaaaa hhaaaaaaa hhhaaaaa

I can't imagine anyone in his right mind. (besides spoon) that would sell these.

Other than the collectibility nature of them, they are not better than my RomaRo Pros and it will be interesting to see when the '13 Yamaha Tours come out if they play 3rd fiddle...

I can see them getting sold by somebody beyond Spoon...

gee ... we all got our horses for courses....

but i just cant think id part with them unless something catastrophic happend and i had to liquidate everything.

even then they would be THE last things in golf to go. everyting else would go first. (well excpet my yamaha 5w ) id hide that so NO one cud find it...!

the NEW yamaha tours , yes...... they might be .. a worthy oponent.

I didn't say I was selling, just don't think they are far and away the best irons.... Like them a lot, but 2014 is not that far away and by then who knows what else will be out...

• 1 month later...

Well, my first time out yesterday with my Personals and they are definitely something special.

The crazy thing about them is how danged straight they are...almost didn't matter what kind of swing I put on em, they still went dead straight. Chunked one and it was straight, hit one off the toe, straight, hit one off the heel, straight. It was almost too funny, but started filling me with a boatload of confidence just knowing that as long as my alignment was good, the shot would go where I intended it to go.

The only issue I have is that I went from my aerotech regular i95's to Monacos, so a much heavier shaft than I'm used to, which I'm sure is part of the tighter dispersion, but trade off is a bit less distance. I'm not one for obsessing about "my PW now only goes 120-125 instead of 130+", just a bit shorter than anything else I play, probably due to the heavier shaft.

Won 10 out of 18 skins yesterday in my foursome with irons I've never played with before and won a bunch of side bets as well. Felt great!

I am considering changing out the Monacos to the aerotechs, but don't want to screw up a good thing. Most excited I've been about a set of irons since my 502's. Takes some getting used to in going from partial game improvement irons to blades, but so far, so good.

awesome first outing swiss-t! what about splitting the weight difference and going aerotech i110? i think that combo might rock!

awesome first outing swiss-t! what about splitting the weight difference and going aerotech i110? i think that combo might rock!

Hmmm...interesting thought, especially with a set of i110's being available at a relatively cheap price. Just hate the idea of giving up the Monacos which feel so danged balanced when I swing.

Hmmm...interesting thought, especially with a set of i110's being available at a relatively cheap price. Just hate the idea of giving up the Monacos which feel so danged balanced when I swing.

i agree and i've said it before...the monacos are the most balanced shaft i've touched. something you can feel at waggle without even swinging the club. even so, the aerotechs definitely hold their own and would be worthy in the personals.

We had 2 pro golfers and me go out and put these against the RomaRo Pro Forged.

Personals were a little more forgiving.

Shockingly we could all work the Personals much more than the RomaRo's

We were split on feel.

RomaRo won for setup.

We were split on feel.

RomaRo won for setup.

Chris what do u mean by set up? The look?

Most excited I've been about a set of irons since my 502's. Takes some getting used to in going from partial game improvement irons to blades, but so far, so good.

Congrats on the jump.... 502's to personals... your ball striking is better than you give it credit for.

LMK if you pull the Monaco's........................

We were split on feel.

RomaRo won for setup.

ummm...where was my invite???

Well, my first time out yesterday with my Personals and they are definitely something special.

The crazy thing about them is how danged straight they are...almost didn't matter what kind of swing I put on em, they still went dead straight. Chunked one and it was straight, hit one off the toe, straight, hit one off the heel, straight. It was almost too funny, but started filling me with a boatload of confidence just knowing that as long as my alignment was good, the shot would go where I intended it to go.

The only issue I have is that I went from my aerotech regular i95's to Monacos, so a much heavier shaft than I'm used to, which I'm sure is part of the tighter dispersion, but trade off is a bit less distance. I'm not one for obsessing about "my PW now only goes 120-125 instead of 130+", just a bit shorter than anything else I play, probably due to the heavier shaft.

Won 10 out of 18 skins yesterday in my foursome with irons I've never played with before and won a bunch of side bets as well. Felt great!

I am considering changing out the Monacos to the aerotechs, but don't want to screw up a good thing. Most excited I've been about a set of irons since my 502's. Takes some getting used to in going from partial game improvement irons to blades, but so far, so good.

Swiss the extra weight might not be the case your a bit shorter with the Personals. Keep in mind that the 502 lofts are 2-3* stronger then the Personals.

Also, PLEASE let me know if you decide to pull the Monacos. :)

Swiss the extra weight might not be the case your a bit shorter with the Personals. Keep in mind that the 502 lofts are 2-3* stronger then the Personals.

Also, PLEASE let me know if you decide to pull the Monacos. :)

Well said on the lofts on the 502's and "jumper" face of the 502 w the gel inserts.

Congrats on the jump.... 502's to personals... your ball striking is better than you give it credit for.

LMK if you pull the Monaco's........................

Funny thing is that my ball striking with my irons is actually superb...now if only my short game were as good! I have so much confidence especially with my short irons and now doubly so with the Personals, although just one round. Feel as if I cannot miss a green from 135 and under.

All that being said, I will need to get on a Trakman to see what each of my iron distances including wedges truly are. If you want to dramatically improve your iron play, get on a Trakman and then put a piece of tape (I believe Stew uses blue nailpolish:) to indicate average yards with each club.

Classic case of golfers who've hit one great PW thinking that all their PW shots are going to be 135 yards, when most are average distances of 125...a much needed dose of reality.

Funny I base my yardages on my pure longish hits which are

Not the majority.. And wonder why I'm short lol

Funny thing is that my ball striking with my irons is actually superb...now if only my short game were as good! I have so much confidence especially with my short irons and now doubly so with the Personals, although just one round. Feel as if I cannot miss a green from 135 and under.

All that being said, I will need to get on a Trakman to see what each of my iron distances including wedges truly are. If you want to dramatically improve your iron play, get on a Trakman and then put a piece of tape (I believe Stew uses blue nailpolish:) to indicate average yards with each club.

Classic case of golfers who've hit one great PW thinking that all their PW shots are going to be 135 yards, when most are average distances of 125...a much needed dose of reality.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure they can still be ordered