Favorite Fairways

kaaayelll

At the risk of hijacking this thread, does anyone else notice that the JDM FW's that have driver/fairway shafts in them aren't tipped? I've gotten several over the years, usually with GD DJ or BB shafts. If you buy the shaft and install it, you normally tip it 1-2 inches for a fairway wood. The FW's from RC, Tourstage, etc don't appear to be tipped (the bands around the shaft are the same distance from the head in both) and usually frequency out really low. 45" drivers usually CPM at 252-258, same with the 42.25" 3-wood. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. Maybe that's the reason I can't settle on any of these FW's? Can't seem to get any consistency. Nah, probably the swing...

What year? What color is the paint fill on the bottom? I'm checking out a couple but don't know them well enough to know exactly what I'm looking at.

2005 or 06. Mine is. 17*. So easy to hit and nice solid feel unlike the newer

Yammies

XTD hybrids are good for me, it comes down to the shaft for me. Mine has the fubuki 415 hybrid shaft which works well. I got a Onoff UT but the shaft isn't good, I have another Fubuki 415 I'll get installed in it and see. Doc has a Geotech 3 wood which I thought was good.

XTD hybrids are good for me, it comes down to the shaft for me. Mine has the fubuki 415 hybrid shaft which works well. I got a Onoff UT but the shaft isn't good, I have another Fubuki 415 I'll get installed in it and see. Doc has a Geotech 3 wood which I thought was good.

What shaft did you put in the ONOFF?

Yamaha V r.p.m. 14, Diamana Ilima 80x

Yamaha V r.p.m. 17, Nippon 950x

These things never let me down. Good blend of feel, workability, forgiveness and spin control in the wind. I love them.

I think it's important to get fairway woods that feel similar and behave the same way on the same day for you. Every time I try something else I come back to these - so I should........................STOP LOOKING!

darren agreed completely.

my yamah v 17 5 wood is 100% irreplacable. i dont care what they come out with i dont even look anymore, theres no point.

as for 3 woods................. well ive solved that dilema completely.

ive aced them,

i use the kasco fariway driver 12.8* i can hitth is thing off the deck better than a standard 3 wood nad its longer off a tee.

its something about the shape that i get on with so well.

wedge back with a fat face. perfect..,

so that chapter ends!

lock it up..

BUT................,

i do still have the crazy f14 shafted up .

i dont know why tho..,

when u find ur fairway nirvana....stick to it!

my search ended. but hte bets ones ive used are , in no order..,

yamaha v series..

yamaha tour model from 2007

original egg spoon.

callaway erc fusion.

black bullett............!

crazy f series

tour edge exotics.

royal collection bbd type H

Edited by supo67