Epon 301 versus Epon 302

bruinduke

Hello I've tried the Epon 302s and found them to be one of the better player cavity backs out there. Recently bought some Epon Type J irons that I understand to be the same model as the Epon 301.

Can anyone compare the differences and their opinions between the 2? I thought I read the 301s had slightly less offset, but do not recall where I read that.

Thanks for your feedback...

ive got he 301 pro technica (?) i think they are called.

t he sole is thinner and the offest less i think i heard.

iveonly gamed them once.

damn they are fine sticks!

very similar feel ,but i rem spoon telling me they are a bit less forgiving than t he 302s which shud suit me better. and the one game i had i agree

love them a lot. shafted with................... monaccos of course. perfect match

302's have less offset than the 301's... pretty much same as AF- Tours.

302's have wider soles than 301's, and more going on in the back cavity.

Both are lovely.

The Technity's and the Type J's are the same club.

the 301 is the same club to the naked eye. To me it is the same club.

IMO the 301's seem (play) like they have less bounce than the 302's but I would bet they're

the same or maybe 1* off?

the 301's produce the crisper feel of the 2. Perhaps even the sound

As far as offset if you hold all three together, mixed them around and took pics

that didn't show faces you would have a hard time telling which is which.

Very informative. Thanks for all the feedback!

301 crisper, hmm. One of the things I enjoyed most about the 302s was the flush/pillowing of shots caught in the sweet spot. I am sure the shaft will ultimately have a lot to do with perceived softness.

Edited by bruinduke

I hesitated using crispness and epon in the same sentence.

should have said the 302 are the softer of the two.

hmmmm. i know what u mean by crisper....

the 301 WITH MONACCOS... are what i like to it ,

they arnt that super buter soft u get with epon and NS...

bec of the TT shaft.,but its the nicest blend ive found. EPON and monacco = delight.

im getting some nice new pefect pros on mine.

no idea when im ever gonna play them tho

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo idea.......................

When I last checked the 302's against my 301's the lesser offset in the 302's was noticeable. Note the offset on the 301's is fine, not excessive... just that the slightly reduced amount on the 302's is very nice to my eye. Seem to remember the heel area top line is slightly different, again the 302 being a little smoother and better looking - the epon 301 heel area reminds me of my old Mizuno TP21's.. bit squarish and high heel topline.

Mind you, i've been kind of avoiding looking at the 302's too much... avoiding temptation, as my 301's are perfectly great as they are. Now I just need to avoid any pics of 302's in copper-chrome... think someone on golfwrx has ordered a set :atsg_smilie_punch:

You could produce a perfect mixed/blended set with the AF-Tours if you like, as the top line and offset is so similar. (And both are available in copper-chrome, ha).