30 min Video Interview with Masayuki Sasaya of Gold's Factory

A very rare look into the mind and philosophy of Master Masayuki Sasaya of Gold's Factory. In this video you will get to see some extreme face milling being done by hand. I had a lot of fun making this Video, It's always a pleasure to spend time with Sasaya-san of Gold's Factory. I'm Not sure what I enjoyed the most, the food, the drinks or watching him do what he does best in the GF Studio.

<!-- This version of the embed code is no longer supported. Learn more: https://vimeo.com/help/faq/embedding --> <object width="1000" height="562"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=61321087&force_embed=1&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=1&color=00adef&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=61321087&force_embed=1&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=1&color=00adef&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="1000" height="562"></embed></object> <p><a href="

Sasaya of Gold's Factory Interview</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/tourspecgolf">TourSpecGolf / Golf To Impress</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

I always wondered how that PZ milling face was done before, it looks simple but it seems to involve a very delicate process. That deep and consistent milling in the face is what I really wanted in a putter right now and I'm glad they made that available with Gold's. In fact that's the only thing I wanted on top of my desired specs, and stampings. I hope mine will turn out great...... :tsg_smiley_putter2:

Amazing. How I feel more love towards the GF putter I own after seeing the vids. BTW, could you give me the location of that Grill Beef and the Bar in the vids?!? I travel to Japan often and seem those places are worth a visit.

I hope mine will turn out great...... :tsg_smiley_putter2:

I don't make people promises...... they can be too hard to keep sometimes

But I promise you this, you will not be disappointed

the Master rules

Let us know when you get it and how it turned out. pics required!!

Good marketing video which shows the quality of his finish and I am glad it is upfront and Sasaya says he "modifies and tunes" putters and does not make them. I can see why many like the finish but the performance enhancement I think "I" still need convincing that it does not, as with many things in golf, exist between the ears due to placebo. A good analogy with the mango daiqs... a good daiq depends on who and how it is mixed but at the end of the day, it still depends on the quality, freshness, taste of the mangos, purity of the water just as in putter which must start with a good blank and quality of steel...failing which, the nicest bling weights and sand blasting etc can only do so much if anything at all performance wise.

Edited by wmclarenf1

Good marketing video which shows the quality of his finish and I am glad it is upfront and Sasaya says he "modifies and tunes" putters and does not make them. I can see why many like the finish but the performance enhancement I think "I" still need convincing that it does not, as many things in golf, exist between the ear due to placebo. A good analogy with the mango daiqs... a good daiq depends on who and how it is mixed but at the end of the day, it still depends on the quality, freshness, taste of the mangos, purity of the water just as in putter which must start with a good blank and quality of steel...failing which, the nicest bling weights and sand blasting etc can only do so much if anything at all performance wise.

Thanks If there was anyone here that I wanted this video to have at least the slightest impact with it was you. Your exactly right with the performance enhancement. He doesn't think that the performance will improve for everyone he always admits that some options are not good for some people and that it costs a lot of money to really find out what combo of things will work for a particular person.

I really like the part where he says if YOU don't feel it then it's not true. That is his motto. It doesn't matter what other people say, If you don't gain better feel, performance, or dopamine stimulation then it simply doesn't exist.

Thanks If there was anyone here that I wanted this video to have at least the slightest impact with it was you. Your exactly right with the performance enhancement. He doesn't think that the performance will improve for everyone he always admits that some options are not good for some people and that it costs a lot of money to really find out what combo of things will work for a particular person. I really like the part where he says if YOU don't feel it then it's not true. That is his motto. It doesn't matter what other people say, If you don't gain better feel, performance, or dopamine stimulation then it simply doesn't exist.

Thanks Chris. No need to have me in mind although it is appreciated. I'm only a small on the wall with a funny way of thinking :-) That Kobe Beef looks the bomb though! Although I'm not a foodie, I think the next time I visit Tokyo and if indeed the restaurant is in Tokyo, I'll PM you for the addy.

I love this video. Very interesting to be able to see the small details that goes into putter modifications. Gold's Factory stuff are always great in quality. Even if it takes a few putters to find your match, you will always have that pretty one of a kind putter! (It may cost a pretty penny, but pretty clubs are always more important than extra money in the bank... LOL)

I don't make people promises...... they can be too hard to keep sometimes

But I promise you this, you will not be disappointed

the Master rules

Let us know when you get it and how it turned out. pics required!!

I will post mine when I get it.

Maybe we can create a "Gold's Factory Putter" thread so that TSG members can post pics of their GF putters as well.

I'd be interested to know what everyone has or have.

Great to learn more about Sensei! I ve got a pair of wedges recently and tell you; it is really something else, way superior then the toyoshimas, the balance and precision of the clubs really worth every dollar!

Does that mean you are unloading the Toyoshima's?

why, you're looking for some? :)

Not yet... Maybe... Get mine back from the builder about when the Bolds should be in...

Should be an interesting shoot out...