Syard BOLD Wedges Came TodAy

bogeydog

Wow.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine today as well. Headed to the range. Great look and feel.

Pictures and reviews guys.

Here are some photos of the 56 degree. Took it to the range today. Great feel. Very nice appearance at setup. Will put on play tomorrow and then will post more in depth review.

post-15908-0-44162400-1366070068.jpg

post-15908-0-61130400-1366070082.jpg

post-15908-0-20769100-1366070096.jpg

I recognize that beautiful pink headcover in the background....

So do I.

my daughter loves it so much she took it off the Romaro and now has it on her driver. I did really like the pink color!!

Looking good

Hows the trajectory, very interested.

damn, customs still hasn't released my wedges!

LA customs has become a joke. Call them with your tracking # 310-337-8911

sometimes it helps

Guest kbeasley

My 52* showed up this morning, I snapped some pix and ran up the hill to my club to hit it. The Bold is, as far as I can tell, essentially a better Yamaha. If such a thing is possible.

First impressions: This thing is *almost* exactly the same club as my Yamaha 2011 V-Forged wedge. The yammy has the same shaft (Shimada HW120, DCR finish), same loft, same feel, same thumpy impact sensation. Anything more than a touch shot I can't tell the difference. The Bold is *definitely* putting more spin on short shots, I can feel it in my hands and I can see the results on the green. I generally use my 52* for anything other than flop shots around the green and for anything inside of 100 yards. The claims of lower trajectory are valid, even if you are like me and don't have pro level control of your shot trajectory already.

Not much more I can add without gaming it, except that the finish is going to wear pretty quickly. Check out pictures #4 and #6 to see what I mean.

Pix follow in order:

The ever popular back view

Face on

Yamaha, with ball

Bold with ball

Top line of the Bold

The Bold, face on, after 25-30 balls on the range. Mats only, but a bit of dust on the mats.

Top line of the Yamaha

Mizuno MP-T11 on the left, Yamaha 2011 V-Forged in the middle, and the S-Yard on the right, all in 52 degrees.

post-13567-0-82245300-1366164282.jpg

post-13567-0-81334900-1366164342.jpg

post-13567-0-91966200-1366164418.jpg

post-13567-0-73512700-1366164650.jpg

post-13567-0-39304600-1366164706.jpg

post-13567-0-23590900-1366164727.jpg

post-13567-0-23214000-1366164781.jpg

post-13567-0-02211400-1366164832.jpg

sometimes it helps

will do, thanks bud!!

My 52* showed up this morning, I snapped some pix and ran up the hill to my club to hit it. The Bold is, as far as I can tell, essentially a better Yamaha. If such a thing is possible.

First impressions: This thing is *almost* exactly the same club as my Yamaha 2011 V-Forged wedge. The yammy has the same shaft (Shimada HW120, DCR finish), same loft, same feel, same thumpy impact sensation. Anything more than a touch shot I can't tell the difference. The Bold is *definitely* putting more spin on short shots, I can feel it in my hands and I can see the results on the green. I generally use my 52* for anything other than flop shots around the green and for anything inside of 100 yards. The claims of lower trajectory are valid, even if you are like me and don't have pro level control of your shot trajectory already.

Not much more I can add without gaming it, except that the finish is going to wear pretty quickly. Check out pictures #4 and #6 to see what I mean.

Pix follow in order:

The ever popular back view

Face on

Yamaha, with ball

Bold with ball

Top line of the Bold

The Bold, face on, after 25-30 balls on the range. Mats only, but a bit of dust on the mats.

Top line of the Yamaha

Mizuno MP-T11 on the left, Yamaha 2011 V-Forged in the middle, and the S-Yard on the right, all in 52 degrees.

Wow some serious usage Signs!!

For the first session, that are some serious wear marks. But that´s how it is with wedges, my Chikara´s finish looks like sh** after 2 years of play. My next wedges will most probably have another finish.

For the first session, that are some serious wear marks. But that´s how it is with wedges, my Chikara´s finish looks like sh** after 2 years of play. My next wedges will most probably have another finish.

Fair point , well made!

I remember the first time I used my Copper 60* out of the sand.... It was like should I or not??

Guess that's what there made for!!

Finally played yesterday with the 56 degree. Course is still wet. I must admit the wedge lived up to the hype. I posted pics earlier this week. The wedge plays great. It makes clean crisp contact with the ball and the turf. I found the spin to be exceptional, ball literally stops on a dime. Out of the sand the bounce was perfect on the 56 as it cut through the sand and the ball flew out perfectly, only concern was that the ball did not release, this might be due to the spin or a flaw in my shot. I love the weight and balance of the club, fits my need for a club with some heft to it. Will update when I play again tomorrow.

sometimes it helps

Agree, it's spotty. Sometimes I get things right away, sometimes a club will sit there for more than a week. I found when I called, it also depended on who answered the phone. One woman was like trying to talk to someone in Kafka's "Castle..." But I called back another day, and a guy I happened to get was very nice and went looking for the TSG package after I told him it was a golf club from Japan. Got it the day after I talked to him. So it's worth a call (or two) if there's too much of a delay.

Agree, it's spotty. Sometimes I get things right away, sometimes a club will sit there for more than a week. I found when I called, it also depended on who answered the phone. One woman was like trying to talk to someone in Kafka's "Castle..." But I called back another day, and a guy I happened to get was very nice and went looking for the TSG package after I told him it was a golf club from Japan. Got it the day after I talked to him. So it's worth a call (or two) if there's too much of a delay.

WOW...what a clusterf*ck of ignorant, irresponsible, and downright lazy group of people! i am truly amazed that i've ever received anything from an international shipper and i'm now quite skeptical about sending/receiving anything through customs ever again.

the best answer i could finally get from someone after telling him tracking shows it's been there for 4 days (without him even asking for tracking info) was "it's express mail and only been here 4 days? oh, you're doing pretty good then, you should have it in about a week or so."

Edited by chiromikey