2014 Yamaha CB Tour Model Thread!

TourSpecGolfer

I know we sold a lot of these but where are the reviews? Is it too cold to play? I wanted to wait before posting my comments but can't hold my tongue anymore.

5 rounds in and these should be in the bag for a very long time. The size is just right, just perfect. The previous Yamaha Tour Model CB's were not forgiving enough for me to hit consistently well. It seems Yamaha is playing it smart this time by putting a wider gap between the MB and this CB as far as player level goes. Don't get me wrong a PGA Tour player could totally rock this and still be in bliss.

Are they good? Yes!

Are they great? Yes!

How good? Flippin Fantastic!

I really do think Yamaha has made their best CB to date. Well for my game anyway. In hand they are not as big as previous pics have shown, Offset is totally minimal and fits the size of these heads just perfectly. Can you tell I'm excited? The rounds just keep getting better and better the more I get into the groove with these.

How do they feel? Not like other Yamaha's I've hit in the past. Think ONOFF Forged + Miura MB5000WC. If you hit last years Yamaha wedge these are more firm and pure but still oozing creamy goodness when center struck. I have some pictures of the 4/6/PW, please add your feedback, you like? don't? What would you like improved.

I will say right now that I love almost everything about these except maybe the RMX stamping.

enjoy the pics!

gallery_18_4_114783.jpg

smaller than you think just at the upper edge of compact players CB.

gallery_18_4_121591.jpg

The #4 iron is stunning only thing is that you can see just a little bit off the ass from above which isn't the case with the 5.

gallery_18_4_69221.jpg

Nice rounded sole, 5 rounds in I think they just glide through like no other. The sole is AF302 like imo.

gallery_18_4_145108.jpg

The 4 iron is very easy to hit. ONOFF Forged easy!

gallery_18_4_70361.jpg

Inside the cavity the toe & heel area tapers outward putting more meat along the perimeter weighting.

gallery_18_4_68814.jpg

The leading edge grind is subtle and smooth only seen in certain angles.

gallery_18_4_113544.jpg

If this is too much offset for you then you've got problem..jk but seriously offset is not an issue here, at least for me it isn't.

gallery_18_4_108466.jpg

Near perfect face shape, boxy, tear, smooth transitions all in one.

gallery_18_4_183798.jpg

gallery_18_4_2565.jpg

The PW looks great and sets up even better. Impact is pure and the flight is a solid mid stable even in the short irons.

gallery_18_4_98011.jpg

gallery_18_4_10443.jpg

The weather here has been horrible. I may have a chance this weekend and get to the range.

The weather here has been horrible. I may have a chance this weekend and get to the range.

I'm curious about your feedback the most. Isn't it always this way with your Tour Models? I mean they always come at this cold time of year.

Anything on MB's?

No they are not released yet.

Hi Chris, how this compares with Romaro V type R? Especially in terms of distance and forgiveness. I'm looking for a set of CB. Thanks.

No the Type-R is more forgiving and longer imo. This Yammy tour reminds me of a slightly firmer, more compact onoff forged with nearly the same amount of forgiveness.

Around what gabdicap can olay tgese irobs confirtably?

Thanks

Just got a new cb today and hit in driving range

Very soft and let me feel like my previous epon af-tour

Long iron 5&6 very easy to hit (modus shaft)

Cant wait to hit them on course :-)

Oops. I must have been typing in the dark. What is the highest handicap you can recommend to play these clubs?

Pretty similar to the Tourstage MC709 maybe?

Pretty similar to the Tourstage MC709 maybe?

It's softer and bigger than the MC. It reminds me of the AF302 in size, comparing the two the edges, lines, and curves of the 302 are more appealing to my eye but this one is more forgiving.

Oops. I must have been typing in the dark. What is the highest handicap you can recommend to play these clubs?

20 and down but that's just my opinion

how is this model feels compare to 2011 v-forged model?

the cavity looks identical, what about the sizes are they identical too

inpresirons2.jpggallery_18_4_114783.jpg

The RMX is a little bigger and a little softer. The 11's have less offset and are thinner looking overall IMO .

Merry xmas every one.

I would have loved to write my review earlier but its that crazy time of year; so eventually here goes.

I found these irons to be by far the best irons I have owned to date.

The feel is second to none for me and that's a big statement having gamed the AF tours and 301s most recently and having owned most epon forgings in the past. buttery soft but crisp at the same time if that makes sense.

Distance control with the CBs & modus shafts combo is I have to say supreme and V consistent, my distance consistency between irons has improved to the point that I have purchased a range finder. Dial it in and pull the trigger....! (easy).

Looks wise I have heard comments that they look a bit busy but to be honest I don't think that they do. Even if that is a problem for some I am almost sure they would forget about that as they stare down the throat of the pin as the ball approaches it through the air...yeeeeeaaw..!

Point and shoot....!

Just to add to all of that they are super forgiving for a tour model cavity back or not. The planets must have aligned the day they started producing these bad boys...!

They are seriously that good.

Thanks for the update hutchy. Mine are looking to ship early January. Eager to put them to work.

The MB's just shipped, I should have them soon. I hope they are more forgiving than last years model.

Chris & others,

how would you compare the RMX-CB with the S-Yard GT-S irons? Also the RMX-MB once you've had a chance to hit them? Thanks.

I have five sets of irons so I'm not looking to buy anymore but I am curious, is there any advantage to these over the 2011 Onoff forged irons? Those, to me, are utter perfection for an all around iron.

I have five sets of irons so I'm not looking to buy anymore but I am curious, is there any advantage to these over the 2011 Onoff forged irons? Those, to me, are utter perfection for an all around iron.

I personally liked the 2012/2013 ONOFF forged more than the 11 because it sets up better. The 13 IMO isn't as soft as the 11 either.

I think these tour models are a bit more firm than both years onoff irons, they are not as long because the lofts arnt as jacked but they do fly lower, setup much better and for me were more accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

You sure you didn't photoshop these pic's? haha wow, these look way better in your photos than in all the others I've seen of them, way more face progression in your pictures.

You sure you didn't photoshop these pic's? haha wow, these look way better in your photos than in all the others I've seen of them, way more face progression in your pictures.

Only to resize the image, the rest is color correction and sometimes a vignette. What IMO is the best way to take accurate photos of clubs is to get the lead score line vertical. That said offset and size is magnified if the camera angle is off which is common when a camera is in one hand and club in the other.

Wish I could demo these. They look perfect, I'm just a little concerned about the offset. Not to mention I got so many sets already. Always trying for the perfect one though. Oh well, maybe I'll try to pick up a single iron somewhere and see for myself before springing for another whole set. Any ideas where one could do this?