First look: Ryoma's new Titanium Utilities w/DSI Technology

TourSpecGolfer

We knew Ryoma was working on a new utility wood that utilizes their DSI technology but having seen it for the first time I was pretty blown away, These pictures don't do it justice, it looks stunning in the real and as usual different as Ryoma always makes things.

Later this week we are heading over to Ryoma HQ for a meeting and will provide many more details on what's coming. While at the Basilius Shaft booth we noticed these utilities tucked away in a bag and were happy to see it's the club many Ryoma fans have been waiting and asking for.

Here's what we know so far.. It's Titanium and has DSI tech and the usual forgiving shape we can expect from Ryoma. As far as how heavy the DSI is in this head is unknown but we will know shortly.

Enjoy the pics gents :)

Ryoma-UT-900x600.jpg

Ryoma-UT2-900x600.jpg

Ryoma-UT3-900x600.jpg

Nice looking UT, I haven't look for a new UT for over 2 years and this one has change my mind.

Just UT, right? Ryoma has no plan yet to launch new FW?

We did see a more compact fairway wood prototype in its initial design phase, it's still a ways off though and will fit the athlete player segment.

We also saw data created by our "favorite factory" sourced from another OEM showing that all brands use the Maxima as the benchmark in distance. This was shocking, based on the latest swing robot testing, and a super trackman unit costing nearly 100k. Can't name names but there is only 1 other driver globally that matches it in distance and it's non conforming and not "our type" of design... It's gold lol.

Hence the maxima special tune is coming out in March and will be the longest driver in golf bar none conforming or not just as the conforming maxima holds the title today as longest conforming driver in golf.

Will post teaser pics of another new Ryoma product next week but I can say with no doubts that Ryoma is legit. What's interesting is their origins don't stem from the golf industry, purely engineers.

It's the hosel depth that isn't as deep that takes some getting used to, some think that a shaft should play the same in different heads and that couldn't be further from the truth.

Hosel depth is also one of the factors that improve distance with the Maxima, other than that it's the same as any other driver in terms of fitting.

The stock shaft is actually pretty darn good for people who swing 100 and below with a normal tempo. I'm gonna tip mine and put it back in to see about that.

The Special TUNING along with the lefty model Maxima's and new Ryoma Ti utility will all be released late March.

We will begin pre orders in March as well.

The UT will be available in 21 24 27. I told Ryoma's president that customers would really love an 18* but he told me the 21* pretty much hits it as long as other brands 18* UT's and this is when compared with the same shaft.

They shafted the Ryoma Utility against other top UT's in equivalent lofts and exact same shafts and specs, and the Ryoma on average was 15 yards longer and more forgiving (which helps the average distance up).

As for the new fairway woods, as many of you know the F2 and F3 in the current D1 Fairway woods are huge heads at 220cc.

This new fairway wood will be more compact shaped and a Spoon (3 wood) made for distance for the better player and will probably be more mid sized at around 170cc but it shape will make it look even more than 50cc smaller than the D1 FW.

Since the web site has changed I have not been able to see many of the pictures..... including the ones on this post - Chris/Tario, please sort :tsg_smilie_smile2:

Chris links his pics from golftoimpress.com can you access that site Carl?