Fitting by CPM?

kamen rider

Do you still get fitted by CPM (butt stiffness) these days? Miyazaki shafts are measured by on 4 sections for stiffness on the tip, mid tip, mid butt & butt, most shafts today are measured on 3 sections. How do you really get fitted by tip soft / butt stiff, tip stiff / butt soft, then add mid section stiffness..?

I've yet to receive any clear explanation from any fitters, not to mention 4 sections shaft profile like the Miyazaki. Most fitters still track your swing speed & co-relate to butt CPM, make visual assessment of your swing prior to selection of tip & mid section stiffness (probably check launch angle)

Anybody has a clear insight for modern shaft selection?

Would a fitter have a machine that measure butt stiffness? The 4 sections or 3 section stiffness of shaft are likely spec from shaft manufacturers. I guess a fitter would fit you depending on your swing characteristic., if you are a high ball hitter, a stiffer tip shaft and a soft tip shaft if you have problem launching the ball.

CPM fitting don't work for me as a lot has to do with how aggressive you get at the ball.... IMO a proper fitting or understanding of your swing will help selecting a suitable shaft.

Or in my case, experiment with different shafts to find one that suite you... But that's been getting kinda expensive lately so I'm sticking to what works for me (for now anyway)

So in general, does 'hitter' use soft butt / stiff tip and 'swinger' use stiff butt / soft tip? For the better players, both swing profiles can load the shaft pretty much the same, just different tempo. I hope I'm making sense.

When do mid section stiffness comes in?

Some shaft are designed to have soft tip & butt with stiffer mid section, some even stiff tip & butt with softer mid section??

loading the shaft through transition, fast aggressive or fast smooth, both fast but load will be different through transition meaning the unloading of the shaft will have different timing if both use the same shaft profile.

Loading/unloading is different for most and there are so many factors during, maybe I am wrong loading/unloading has nothing to do with shaft choice.