honma driving iron

supo

Also the new Cally Apex is a beautiful club and almost as amazing. Very very long. Too bad they don't release a JDM v.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Might have found a challenger for this

The titleist 712

Anynoe hit that?

Or maybe the 2015 Srixon u45? Probably has more offset than the Honma though.

How are the distances with the Honma btw? Any sacrifice in that department for the sake of control?

To me it's this Honma if you want smaller, more firm impact, basically a clean and forgiving long iron. Feel is just decent imo.

RomaRo Ibrid Chapter2 is another one, feels explosive, more forgiving, stronger, longer, higher flight and softer.

It's really up to what experience you want. One thing I love about the Honma is it's very workable for a driving iron.

• 1 month later...

The Nippon 950s haven't ever worked for me. How's that Vizard 850 ut shaft? Looks like they only offer it in stiff flex. Does it play true to flex? I normally play SR in woods and R in irons. Any chance I could actually load the shaft?

The Nippon 950s haven't ever worked for me. How's that Vizard 850 ut shaft? Looks like they only offer it in stiff flex. Does it play true to flex? I normally play SR in woods and R in irons. Any chance I could actually load the shaft?

It's a good shaft, plays relatively true to flex. However I was quite prone to slicing with the Vizard shaft. Switched in a Quadra shaft and the Thing has become my go to club, so consistent it's scary

Edited by Icestorm959

It's a good shaft, plays relatively true to flex. However I was quite prone to slicing with the Vizard shaft. Switched in a Quadra shaft and the Thing has become my go to club, so consistent it's scary

very interesting indeed...which quadra did you go with? I'm having some consistency issues with the vizard as well but could see if that wasn't an issue, this DI would be nearly impossible not to use all the time

i got a cpl with the modus 120s stel and the ball doesnt move laterally at all.

maybe steel is a better option ???

very interesting indeed...which quadra did you go with? I'm having some consistency issues with the vizard as well but could see if that wasn't an issue, this DI would be nearly impossible not to use all the time

Replaced Vizard with Quadra sof 4ax 100i shaft. Amazing consiatency, no slices at all, can still cut it if I need to though, cant believe how much of a difference the shaft made.

Not sure if the vizard was too stiff or soft Tbh.

i think its a litle soft. i like it actualyl but its nociceably less rigid than with steel.

i get the vizard to draw actually i def cant do that with steel.

work that out!

Generally, softer and lighter equals more draw/hook, stiffer and heavier more fade/slice.

• 1 month later...

Stew was absolutely right on everything he said about this DI.

They are a lot easier and more accurate folks compared to 3/4 iron. Mine is Honma TW-U 3/4 DI shafted with Modus3 120.

I wish I should have jumped in earlier.

I like mine a lot but wish it was as stellar from the fairway as off the tee.

Anyone want a 4 shafted w Aerotech i95 stiff for a reasonable price?:)

man I will take that if I don't have one already :-)

C, maybe shaft issue? I have absolutely no issue hitting this off the fairway unless of course human error :-) I've played them again today and didn't mis-hit any single shot...which I do on my 4 iron..

man I will take that if I don't have one already :-)

C, maybe shaft issue? I have absolutely no issue hitting this off the fairway unless of course human error :-) I've played them again today and didn't mis-hit any single shot...which I do on my 4 iron..

Other way around for me hit it fat

I don't do the same with my 4i

Off the tee no contest