Which JDM hybrids are hot now (2014)?

pug

The Ryoma UT is the longest of the ones I have tried this year the Egg UT and Kasco Ut are also long and forgiving clubs

You have to check out the Modart. Easy to launch, pleasing to the eye and great feel...

+1 on the Modart...

Versatile and hot off the face, probably not the longest but plenty of distance for me

+ 1 on Modart for me as well, distance control, accuracy, ease of use and ability to make good contact with makes it my top choice.

Ryoma for flat out forgiveness and big distance but making clean contact is more difficult than modart imo.

Nothing has been able to kick the Miura HB3 out of my bag. Long, straight, easy to hit, as easy to work and control as an iron. None of the usual hybrid hooks...

Have to agree with Ash, try the Ryoma Ut, don't let the minimum 21* fool you....bullits!

Cant coment on the Mod as yet but if those 3 fellas say it is good then it must be.

Crazy UTs are also Very satisfying, am also very keen to give the fuso dreams a run.

You can't overlook one of the best performer in the last few years with the Romaro UTs

Miura HB with aerotech steelfiber

I am most interested in the anti hook utilities. Given the more upright lie angles than the irons they replace and shorter shaft these are all prone to hook

As mentioned, the Miura HB series is an exception to the common hook problem. It sits behind the ball at address like a long iron, is controllable like an iron, but is far easier to hit long and get up in the air than a long iron. I use a 2-iron hybrid sometimes, especially off the tee, but I always keep the HB3 in my bag as well. It's fabulous off the fwy or out of the rough.

Yes, the Miura HB is really beautiful! I like the Romaro too!

hba.jpg

As mentioned, the Miura HB series is an exception to the common hook problem. It sits behind the ball at address like a long iron, is controllable like an iron, but is far easier to hit long and get up in the air than a long iron. I use a 2-iron hybrid sometimes, especially off the tee, but I always keep the HB3 in my bag as well. It's fabulous off the fwy or out of the rough.

The new Srixon UT is supposed to be nice, also the Yamaha RMX UT I know from experience is just all around really good.

Yes, I heard that Srixon is releasing new gear. In fact, I am very tempted by their Z945 but may go for the Z725 Limited Edition instead. My only concern is that Srixon tends to be quite muted in terms of feel and sound.

Yamaha is a favourite brand. Loves their current CB irons with NSPro Modus3 120. Super easy to hit and great distance. Sounds solid and explosive too! Too bad Onoff Forged with Roddio are in the bag now.

The new Srixon UT is supposed to be nice, also the Yamaha RMX UT I know from experience is just all around really good.

U like the 903? I didn't get along with the 901 and generally haven't with di's - utes but u know how I am with epon products....it looked less forgiving than the 901 is it more forgiving? It looks awesome in the pics which is unusual for epon. Lmk Hutchy...

As for the topic at hand, agree on the ryomas, Kasco and egg (although the new egg is weak IMO compared to the '11 version).

Get yourself an old RC TRC. That can keep up w any of them IMO (all around...obviously the ryomas are longer)...

Do think think that I can handle a DI like the Epon 903. Fitness going down the hill and needs more forgiveness. Intrigued by the Egg hybrid for its unique shape and good stock shaft.

Good recommendation on the RC TRC. Have not seen a good condition used one or may get one coz it's so cheap (<$100).

U like the 903? I didn't get along with the 901 and generally haven't with di's - utes but u know how I am with epon products....it looked less forgiving than the 901 is it more forgiving? It looks awesome in the pics which is unusual for epon. Lmk Hutchy...

As for the topic at hand, agree on the ryomas, Kasco and egg (although the new egg is weak IMO compared to the '11 version).

Get yourself an old RC TRC. That can keep up w any of them IMO (all around...obviously the ryomas are longer)...

+1 on the Modart...

Versatile and hot off the face, probably not the longest but plenty of distance for me

Fully agreed!

I also have RomaRo UT but Modart is even better overall! I bought two from Chris just showing how much I love this club!