The New Fourteen Gelong D CT315 Driver

TourSpecGolfer

I have tried the Fourteen route twice. The CT 112 at 47 inches was my goto driver the 2nd half of 2013. IT was well balanced and didn't seem like a 47 inch club while swinging it. The CT 112 head played very similar and felt like the Crazy 460. Probably the longest hitting setup I have along with the ADAMS LAUNCHLAB with a HOUSE OF FORGED HD PROTOLITE. It is one of my all time Favorite JDM drivers. I didn't have the same luck with the GELONGD CT 214 AT 47.75.. The head felt harder off the face AND didnt seem as forgiving or well balanced as the CT 112, and was very inconsistent for me. i CUT IT DOWN TO 46.5 and it helped but didn't have the mojo of the CT 112.

If the CT 315 is better than the CT 112 then it could be a fun club to experiment with.

Edited by driverhead

Roddio upgrade shafts are available on this one at a good price: http://www.tourspecgolf.com/fourteen-2014-gelongd-ct315-driver

Roddio upgrade shafts are available on this one at a good price: http://www.tourspecgolf.com/fourteen-2014-gelongd-ct315-driver

Is this available yet?

I feel sorry for the average golfer that buys one of these thinking he's going to hit it further.... actually he might just

hit it further.... out of bounds.

I don't doubt this is a good driver head but the shaft length cannot be handled by 90% of the people that

play golf.

A friend of mine uses the original Gelong driver - he's definitely picked up a few yards from his previous Yamaha driver. Played two rounds with him on a couple of tight Japanese courses and he didn't have one OB. Saying that he is the perfect candidate for an over-length driver - older guy with a slow deliberate tempo....

I also have a buddy that swings pretty smooth but not overly so. He uses that super long shafted Cobra Long Tom and has no problem keeping the ball in play. He hits it around 15 yards longer than his other drivers, and with a lower trajectory too. The long shafts flatten the swing I guess.

I also have a buddy that swings pretty smooth but not overly so. He uses that super long shafted Cobra Long Tom and has no problem keeping the ball in play. He hits it around 15 yards longer than his other drivers, and with a lower trajectory too. The long shafts flatten the swing I guess. If you don't "hit" the ball and swing smoothly I don't see a problem using something like this.

My experience with 47" + shafts has positive results as well. for some swings with the longer and often softer shaft it helps square the club face at impact best for smoother swings or players with faster swings who feel they need to slow it down with a longer shaft.

I've also noticed that body type has a lot to do with people liking it or not.

Yeah, my buddy went from hitting mostly pretty weak fades to much straighter with the Long Tom, which is 48" I believe, and with a pretty soft shaft.

You'll never convince me this long of a shaft is better for the average player.

As I said 90%. So, 1 out of 10 might benefit..... You won't see a player on any of the tours

playing with one.

You'll never convince me this long of a shaft is better for the average player.

As I said 90%. So, 1 out of 10 might benefit..... You won't see a player on any of the tours

playing with one.

Phil Mickelson and VJ Singh have experimented with 47 inch drivers. Of course tour pros dont need the length, and can swing a 44 inch driver 110 to 120 mph and more..

Ive been using 45.75 to 46 inch drivers for years. 47 inch isn't much of a jump for me. Years ago I actually played with A Cubic Balance TZIRC driver. It was 48 inches long, and I could flat out crush that thing. I actually won a few long drive holes in scramble events with it. and had reasonable control

Edited by driverhead

Phil Mickelson and VJ Singh have experimented with 47 inch drivers. Of course tour pros dont need the length, and can swing a 44 inch driver 110 to 120 mph and more..

Ive been using 45.75 to 46 inch drivers for years. 47 inch isn't much of a jump for me. Years ago I actually played with A Cubic Balance TZIRC driver. It was 48 inches long, and I could flat out crush that thing. I actually won a few long drive holes in scramble events with it. and had reasonable control

But you have to admit..... You're not even close to an average player. Far far above especially when it comes to the driver. I'd say

you're not even the 1 out of 10. More like 1 out of a 1,000

:tsg_smiley_driver:

and I dare say that if they (pros) could control it like a 44-45" driver they'd play it.