Titleist T-MB Review & First Impressions

TourSpecGolfer

Got to hit these, very nice! Very VG3 like!

XF5A4105-Edit.jpg

XF5A4110-Edit.jpg

XF5A4125-Edit.jpg

XF5A4120-Edit.jpg

XF5A4112-Edit.jpg

XF5A4133-Edit.jpg

Titleist-T-MB-Irons1.jpg

Looks nice but not crazy about the two tone color.

Edited by golfer75

They had to do it, because it's a different material the Satin Finish would melt it if it were finished the same way, they could have went with a gloss smokey black. When I get my set I will try and take it apart to see what we can do at TSG Club Works.

Looks like a reverse cavity back, in that the brown looks to be made of some type of lightweight material.

That's Tungsten isn't it? So, heavier then steel then

That's Tungsten isn't it? So, heavier then steel then

Yup it's heavier than steel, looks good to me.

Should be as forgiving as the player CB in muscle back form. Looks great. Endo forged?

I think it's more forgiving than most players CB, I haven't played with it but based on the LM I'm gonna say it could almost be as forgiving as the ONOFF Forged... really! Not sure who made it.

Looks good, but its very loft jacked!

Jacked lofts are the new standard, it really doesn't matter it's just a different number on the sole and different set make up in the bag.

Forged?

I love these!! I'm surprised at the amount of comments regarding the PVD sole finish I think it looks sharp, adds a little pop. We all know that shape, setup and looks play a big deal in the confidence we experience over golf shots and some of us simply feel more inspired over the design of a clean muscle back iron. This not only allows the diehard MB fans an alternative but also the aspiring enthusiast an opportunity to enjoy a design style not usually associated with added forgiveness. Since the fist day I bagged my 712u I hoped Titleist would consider a full set of hollow MB's and they finally arrived, well done Titty!! BB

Edited by BigBen

I don't mind the darker color of the tungsten either. Wouldn't be able to see it from set up anyway. I agree with BB. It's great that someone's finally made a mb design with added launch capabilities and forgiveness.

Unfortunately, with my game, I can't bag mb irons. But I can certainly bag VG3, a la Chris's comment.

• 1 month later...

I saw these in person the other day, looked quite compact, like a players cb. The dual finish looked pretty good too once you hold the club in your hand, pretty classy even.

The idea of these is really speaking to me. The macgregor m675's were one of my favorite sets all time though they weren't hollow in the shorter irons.

What's the turn time like on custom orders?

2-4 weeks, things are running pretty smoothly.