Basileus AAA vs Diamana X vs Rogue 125 MSI

Mjr. D

I may be able to provide this comparison soon but in the mean time does anyone have any experience with these shafts? Comparisons...

At the very least has anyone tried the Basileus AAA yet? I'd love to hear about it. Thanks.

I have both Diamana X 7 stiff and Rogue 125 7 TX. I don't have the numbers in front of me now but when I did comparison testing, Rogue has alot less spin than Diamana x. Launch angle was also slightly lower with lots of roll and got more distance than DIamana X. Feel wise(personal preference) they are similar. both very smooth and soft but slightly different feeling. kinda like Onoff vs Epon. both simialr but somewhat different. Rogue is definitely winner in dispersion category. very predictable where the ball will end up, even with bad shots. I'm actually thinking of selling Diamana X and picking up another Rogue.

I have both Diamana X 7 stiff and Rogue 125 7 TX. I don't have the numbers in front of me now but when I did comparison testing, Rogue has alot less spin than Diamana x. Launch angle was also slightly lower with lots of roll and got more distance than DIamana X. Feel wise(personal preference) they are similar. both very smooth and soft but slightly different feeling. kinda like Onoff vs Epon. both simialr but somewhat different. Rogue is definitely winner in dispersion category. very predictable where the ball will end up, even with bad shots. I'm actually thinking of selling Diamana X and picking up another Rogue.

Diamana X 7 stiff and Rogue 125 7 TX is a very different combination.

Does Rogue play soft or the X play incredibly hard?

Ya I've heard the Rogue 125 MSI is the real deal in terms of performance. It's not jspec but it's still supposedly unbelievably good.

Comparing a Diamana X in S with a Rouge in TX? Of course the TX will spin less and launch lower, no surprises there.

One of my friend recently switched from Diamana X to 2015 AAA (60X), his drives range from 290 - 330, depends on how hard he swings. He seems more accurate with the AAA.

I actually just got back from the range with my first session with the AAA (60S)/GP One Minute combo, had the Alpha (60S) before. I am very impressed with the difference the AAA made.

- Distance: I gained around 10 yards vs. the Alpha;

- Dispersion: I find the AAA a lot more stable and limited my bad shots to the really bad swings, everything else is within play;

- Playability: I can swing easy with it and the ball still rockets off the face, at the same time, I could swing hard with it without loosing control/timing of the shaft, which happens to me sometimes when I swing too hard with the Alpha, miss the low kick point timing.

Overall, I think the AAA suits me better than the Alpha. I have a quick transition with my driver SS in the low 100s, with the mid kick point, I felt the AAA is stable all across, which allows me to go after it without worrying about the timing. Highly recommended!

Edited by bstnyc

One of my friend recently switched from Diamana X to 2015 AAA (60X), his drives range from 290 - 330, depends on how hard he swings. He seems more accurate with the AAA.

I actually just got back from the range with my first session with the AAA (60S)/GP One Minute combo, had the Alpha (60S) before. I am very impressed with the difference the AAA made.

- Distance: I gained around 10 yards vs. the Alpha;

- Dispersion: I find the AAA a lot more stable and limited my bad shots to the really bad swings, everything else is within play;

- Playability: I can swing easy with it and the ball still rockets off the face, at the same time, I could swing hard with it without loosing control/timing of the shaft, which happens to me sometimes when I swing too hard with the Alpha, miss the low kick point timing.

Overall, I think the AAA suits me better than the Alpha. I have a quick transition with my driver SS in the low 100s, with the mid kick point, I felt the AAA is stable all across, which allows me to go after it without worrying about the timing. Highly recommended!

I too am waiting on a build with the '15 AAA in 70 S.

A bit worried that you mention that you have a quick transition.

I am the complete opposite. I have a very slow take away with a slower transition.

I am really hoping the AAA will work for me but I guess we'll see.

Rogue 125 only has TS or TX. if you try it, it doesn't play like TX. more like X

Dont they have a stiff version? Want one but worried at 80t will play harsh

A lot of discussion on this question on golfwrx thread. Apparently, there is a 110 msi, which is the equivalent of 80T, and a 125 msi, which is the equivalent of 90T roughly. There is a Titleist version that is 125 msi, and apparently the same shaft, even though the mark up would make it less expensive than buying the aftermarket shaft on it's own. there was some concern that it wasn't the same, but some people have spoken with their Aldila contacts and insist that it is. The difference is cosmetic, as the aftermarket shaft is a matte finish with laser etched graphics, and the Titleist one is glossy without the laser etching. These shafts supposedly play stiff to flex. People are really loving this shaft and raving about it, but these aren't guys who are used to high end JDM shafts, so I really don't know if it is any better than what we play here. Hope to try it at some point and compare it to my Crazy, Quadra Fire Express, and Diamana X shafts.

A lot of discussion on this question on golfwrx thread. Apparently, there is a 110 msi, which is the equivalent of 80T, and a 125 msi, which is the equivalent of 90T roughly. There is a Titleist version that is 125 msi, and apparently the same shaft, even though the mark up would make it less expensive than buying the aftermarket shaft on it's own. there was some concern that it wasn't the same, but some people have spoken with their Aldila contacts and insist that it is. The difference is cosmetic, as the aftermarket shaft is a matte finish with laser etched graphics, and the Titleist one is glossy without the laser etching. These shafts supposedly play stiff to flex. People are really loving this shaft and raving about it, but these aren't guys who are used to high end JDM shafts, so I really don't know if it is any better than what we play here. Hope to try it at some point and compare it to my Crazy, Quadra Fire Express, and Diamana X shafts.

90T wow? No JDm I know of uses 90T?

So if I wanted something playing to a quadra 65 or 70s I should go a flex down in the 125msi? I'm thinking 70 Ts 125 Msi

90T wow? No JDm I know of uses 90T?

So if I wanted something playing to a quadra 65 or 70s I should go a flex down in the 125msi? I'm thinking 70 Ts 125 Msi

I have been told that they play on the strong side of a flex, but not a full flex more.

On golfwrx people told the 125 msi = 80T (.. bud I don´t know..).

There a new shafts with 90t in the market e.g. the new Nippon Regio Formula MB

It's not an apples to apples comparison, but the 110 msi is closer to an 80T shaft; the 125msi would correlate closer to a 90T. Edited by Mob

Thanks may go with 65 Ts then. Thanks

Let us know what you think. Very interested to see if everyone's rave reviews are accurate, or does this just perform closer to the JDM shafts we are all already familiar with?

Let us know what you think. Very interested to see if everyone's rave reviews are accurate, or does this just perform closer to the JDM shafts we are all already familiar with?

Will do. I plan to put this in the new epon zero next month.

Here's to hoping! "AAA will come out on top!"

I was out playing yesterday with the MT State Senior champ and he had the straightest low spin drives with his 915 d2 with the

stock Rogue. He really likes it.

I should have my AAA next week!!

Will do. I plan to put this in the new epon zero next month.

Which Silver Rogue are you testing?

I've seen a "Tour Issue" and a "Tour Issue Ltd. Ed/made in USA" version with COA. Not sure if there is a difference?

Look forward to your review at any rate, thanks