MA01DS Pics!

So while it looks similar (consider this an evolution) there are some major changes all around starting with the head size, the new "DS" is 5 cc's bigger at 440cc, Modart also changed the face material to Japan SP700 for a slightly softer forged cup face feel at impact while at the same time shifting the center of gravity more forward not only making it more workable but also reducing spin. It's finished in a lovely matte black finish.

XF5A4812-Edit-Edit.jpg

XF5A6069-Edit-2.jpg

XF5A4822-Edit.jpg

XF5A6098-Edit-2-Edit.jpg

XF5A6059-Edit-Edit.jpg

XF5A6084-Edit-Edit.jpg

is the face profile similar to the MA01S or MA01D in terms of depth, etc.

"Just an update on this club as we have been getting a few emails about the new Modart MA01DS Driver, Suda-san told me it's the same thing as the MA01D but designed for the adjustable Hosel"

"Just an update on this club as we have been getting a few emails about the new Modart MA01DS Driver, Suda-san told me it's the same thing as the MA01D but designed for the adjustable Hosel"

So while he did tell me this the truth is the two are technically not the same due to the changes, I had to poke to find out how it was different but after I would say "so it is a different material" or "so it's a little bigger" he would say "yes but looks the same right?".

The consumer want's new and different while the designer is proud of his original work.

Here is the face, looks like the D shape.

post-18-0-95318800-1426031913_thumb.jpg

When was the original Driver and woods released.

Doesnt seem that long ago

Certainly hope they done change their name to TaylorModart

And the only adjustability is the ability to use different shafts, right? No face, loft adjusting...

Modart heads have no problems finding the right shaft, have tried many and results great across the board.

so what would everyone go with between this new MA01DS or the regular MA01D?

I loved the S, but everyone orders the D.

Modart heads have no problems finding the right shaft, have tried many and results great across the board.

I loved the S, but everyone orders the D.

Chris, have you managed any serious time with the DS what did you think of it compared to the S?

so what then with regards to the new DS? D or new DS? with the adjustability aside, is the DS simply 5cc bigger with a different face material and a slight different internal weigh setup, like you sated in the initial post, this is an evolution not a totally new head? I am torn on going just straight D or this new DS, newer is not always better...correct?

modart MA01DS or jbeam 435 black?

Edited by 604_skyline

Chris, have you managed any serious time with the DS what did you think of it compared to the S?

so what then with regards to the new DS? D or new DS? with the adjustability aside, is the DS simply 5cc bigger with a different face material and a slight different internal weigh setup, like you sated in the initial post, this is an evolution not a totally new head? I am torn on going just straight D or this new DS, newer is not always better...correct?

modart MA01DS or jbeam 435 black?

Only trackman for about 20 minutes which isn't my norm for testing. I need to play it on my home track at my range to get a better idea.