3 weeks wind busting irons.

supo

finished my golfing extravaganza yesterday with anouter 35 points and another top 3 .

(seriously if i cud putt form 2 feet i , kid u not..i must missed 20 putts over the weeks , im seriosuly missing somehting big time here ., 2 eagle putts and i cant count how many birds.... form no exxageration 2 fricken feet1!!!!!!)

anyway onto the clubs..!

all testing in comp on LONGY links . greens stimp > 13,

WIND IRONS..

masda blades with NS 120 . absolutely the ebst blades for wind ive ever played. these were magnificnet. the 120s really kept the ball low and below the wind which was severe (36 ponts won every comp) these are a club longer in distance, but they bit the greens . its very nice to see. and they are tight but u can move them. loved playing these in cyclones.!

prgr tr500 with c-taper protos.

another abolsutle gem of a wind club , slighly easier than the masdas and slightyl higher. tight as a knats chuff but ca still make them go a bit if required,. feel with these shafts is SENSATIONBAL..... cant be c-tapers feel good in anything but credit where tis due,, these are fantastic. prob go as far as t osay thesewere my fave set.

id consider them low mid laucnhing with really good ease of play and u can get cute when required. playable in every condition and all rounders of the highest calibre. these just lept up the batting order .pitty they live back home...... ,

srixon 945 with NS stx.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet rider these feel soft and gushy.

light but the srixon heads keep the flight down so i got a nice mix . i played these in big wind to test, and theywent really well. i juts find my tempo gets thrown out with lighter shafts and i slide forwards alot. very frustrating!!!!!. had the same shafts in a set of idbls and these were def softer, and landed softer.and were more workable. cant realyl say "winter golf bec it was 20*+ every day!!! but id think these wud be fantastic for proper winter conds. very ver yeasy to use blades. pob the easiest. easier than the aftours ,which is saying something. Srixon got these right.

these are a bigger head and ive found i love smaller tighter compact heads more.

very good build. but not the best suited for me.

prgr idbl with NS stx.

exactly the same as the srixons but with less room to move.

think this build was better suited and have no probs keeping hold of htese clubs, super light, easy to hit, worked well in all conditions. and really sat still when thye landed, alomost zero roll out. wasnt gettingan extra 15 or 20 with these, it was land stopo dead. which actually made a great thing considering how fast the greens were. yea these were the easiest to use anda really good match. if push came to shove i cud prob keep the tr500 with c-tapers and these alone for down there...............

but what fun wud that be!!!!

honma tw 717 with NS 125modus3.

ahhhhhhh the uber schlokens, played these yesterday in serious wind. one thig ive noticedis they DONT ride the wind, these are piercing and extremely stable. EASILY the best option for me when i was feeling fresh, wind schimnd. these blew thru it. they are LOW (for me) and heavy. LOVE these. so much so i order the new model and got the same set up.

sometimes , the heart does rule the head.!

for links play each and ever yday i think id take the tr500s, just beceasue on days when its not going great, these were the best. PLUS if it gets blowy, then they really go well. the idlb set up is a better all rounder. but in big wind, i like to hit knock downs and the ctapers are best.

the masdas played thebest in wind but id never play this set up on elevation change course, the yare too low. anyone hitting moon balls i STRONLY recmend this set up..

its also the best feeling of ALL THESE CLUBS.

even tho i said id tkae the tr500s. ud have ti pry those honmas outta my hands tho.

ive just got real lwood for them.

is 5 sets of irons too many to keep unplayed for 6 months????

ratings..,

best in big wind .MASDA modus 120x

best playable every day PRGR idbl/stx

longest MASDA.

most precise HONMA.

cudnt live without....TR 500/HONMA/MASDA tie.

if it were a case of only one set ..........................

tr500 ctapers!

Great stuff bud! Surprised to hear you talk about C-Tapers in a positive light. I might have to build a Masda/120x set up if it's as low as you say. I feel like you meant that moon ball comment for me. ;)

ha.. not really ,but for ur swing most definatly it wud be p[erfect.

.ECA and i played with afella that hits it higher than you. i cud not beleive it, his 7 iron goes higher than my PW. never seen anything like it.

the c-tapers feel fantastic in those tr500 heads.

originally had them in a set of callway tourauthentics and they were good ,but the tr500s they are GREAT.

have no fear shaftning these heads up with c-tapers chaps, great mix.

Nice write up Stew. You can tell you're having a blast on the course.

As many times as I've had my set of TR500's out to photograph and sell I just stop... can't do it. Unless you've hit these

there's really know way of describing how sweet these are. The looks alone are worthy of framing and mounting. The feel...

honestly there's nothing else like them.

i love them ive got 2 sets. one with the ctapers and one with the monaacos. one home one here.

donthtink i can part with them either. sexiest heads ever.

gee im loving these honma blades tho. they just "fit right" at address.

ahhh so many good uns so few games!

That's how it felt Stu!!! Not so bad then.

Shot 3 over on Saturday at Indro and played about the same with you at Longy for my 80 or whatever....

Magenta Shores and Longy at Christmas

The honmas.. precision. With the onoff/tataki on fire, Stew ripped stonecutter ridge apart & gave me a revenge ass whoopin he told me was coming :)

In fine form Stew, the break obviously did you a lot of good. Had you sunk about 4 or 5 of those 3 footers in.. could even be lower.

hahhaah.. yea got u back finally..!!!

it was prob the best ive consistantly played in comps.

and im serious i missed 20 putts inside 3 feet.

2 eagle puts that were gimmeis!!!

i have issues.................,

heres where i do all my proper golf testing!!