modus 125 VS modus 130

supo

right plenty ofp lay with these vs each other now and on sat had the 6 irons out in the same honma tw 717 head so there was no approximation it was clear sa day.

the 125s are a mid flighted heavier, sturdier shaft that don't really like to be acred very much. they do go but its not a lot which is a great thing bec I can put a pronounced shaped swing on it and I know it wont go meter s off target.

these are as good , every bit as good in heavy wind as the monacos (although the monaccos have a similar flight as the 130s). they are tighter flex than the 130s with a more arced flight , originally I said I cudnt /wudnt like to play these every day, but ive sinced changed my mind big time.

these are clearly, my best performing shafts. BUT that don't mean I like ot play them the most!!!!!!

the 130s I have out in play on sat, ahh jee t hese are an enjoyable shaft , not as finicky as the 125, not as taught. and a wee bit easier to move about. if that's a good thing or not is up to the individual. for me I prefer it bec I like to get funky at times, something I cant d owith the 125s and whay they are my comp shafts.

found I didn't quite have to muscle up with the 130s as much as the 125s , and also found the flight is a better shape to hold greens, esp the longer irons. the 3-4-5 irons are a joy to hit ad watch fly but they definitely lack the stability of the 125s. when hitting 130s long irons to greens its a much easier thing to do!

in blades I believe the 125 prob suit slightly better and in mucle cavity back I think the 130s are a better match. the 130s in my prgr idbl migh very well end up buried with me!

tough call as the feel of the 130s wins for sure. but the overall superior playability of the 125s prob edges the 130s. if ihad to choose just one set for a year on all conditions all surfaces. ahhhhhh id go the 125s as long as im hiitng the ball well. if not id go the 130s.

130s easier... 125s tighter.

both super shafts

Thanks for the comparison between the two. I have a 5-PW set of Modus 130 S sitting on my bench waiting to get shafted. However I'm thinking I need at least the R flex as the shafts feel like XX rebar when flexing them by hand. I wont know for sure until I shaft them up and test them out.

I know this thread is about 125/130 but I have a set of Modus 120 S sitting in my garage waiting for a project after I pulled them for the Roddios. Great shafts! In my opinion they didn't play too stout at all, granted the 130 are more stout than the 120 in the middle. I didn't care too much for the 125s.

If you like the feel of the club head, the 105's are better, just as stable but more feel. Going into my new heads as we speak.

Thanks for the comparison between the two. I have a 5-PW set of Modus 130 S sitting on my bench waiting to get shafted. However I'm thinking I need at least the R flex as the shafts feel like XX rebar when flexing them by hand. I wont know for sure until I shaft them up and test them out.

130 are definitely stiff. I've played 120x and 130s and the 130s played stiffer.

I have the Wedge 105 in a set of wedges and love them.

Super-timely review; I've been thinking about both shafts the last few days. Any thoughts about these vs SPB or Shimada Tour In the feel and performance departments. Much thanks, Stew.

The SPBs are almost indistinguishable to the 125s for flex profile and stiffness.The 125s are just a few grams lighter. Anybody that likes the SPBs will be right at home with the 125s, which is good since the SPBs are now not being made anymore. That's why I'm having my eyes firmly on the 125s

I would agree, 125 is more accurate, slightly lower trajectory, feels stiff.

Modus 130 feels a hair softer, has a bit more kick, feels closer to what you would expect from NSPro, higher launch than 125, wider dispersion.

the 120s are the easiest to the modus to play for pretty much anyone. they are the stock NS shaft from OEMS nowadays. 120s is in everything, and I really like those as well, my masdas back home have 120x in them and hell wud freeze over before I swapped those out!.

but they don't get the airlift I need up here, but on l my inks they overtook the c-tapers for performance, and they are long as well. 1/2 club longer easily, but the x in them really feels like an X. ...............,

doiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!!!

the shimadas are another tough best, I found u need a fast transition to ignite them better than a slow change , my methodical swing doesn't suit them at all.

the difference between the modus 125s and the tour 125 shimads was enormous. I cudnt activate the shimads like I can with the 125s . simply a swing speed thing. if u have a quick swing then the shimads shud be very high up on your wish list. for me they were a let down.

I have the 120s in TX and the 125 in X and the 120s in TX feel much heavier, launch lower and are straighter. For me I prefer them over the 125s. I've never hit the 105s or 130s but both of these shafts are excellent. I think feel wise I still prefer the SPBs but performance they're neck and neck.