Name your best-feeling and easiest to hit irons

dickyfowler

Overall - onoff 2013

Longest - epon 703

I have had the Gauge Studio Hand Made's in the bag since 2007.

I am really biased, however the feel and forgiveness are just great.

If there is a criticism, they may be a tad on the large side for the purist, think Epon 503.

Alas, if I was still a purist, the MP 11's would still be in the bag, but I'm smart enough to realize my 56 year old swing simply doesn't cope with them.

I recently got around to put a set of Epon 302s in play. And so far they seem like the ultimate combo of looks, feel and forgiveness. Certainly the best feeling irons so far for me. The leading edge grind make them planty forgiving too for my steep-ish swing.

Edited by Vegaman

The most forgiving irons in my bag are OnOff Kuro 2015. They are meaningfully larger than blades in terms of head size; very easy to launch due to tungsten insert and very soft. The face is very hot. They are in my bag whenever I play a long course. When I need control, I play blades.

Kuro is extremely workable, draw or fade.

Actually my biggest complaint about Kuro is that it may be a touch too hot and too workable. The ball goes miles especially with the long irons. If when it goes offline, it could be a long way.