YORO DREAM

RLL33

Haven't played them that much, JB. So far, they're mostly "office and range clubs." But I'll try to post some a little further down the road. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2016 at 4:40 PM, RLL33 said:

FWIW, after my first outings this week with the Miura CB-1008, the Mizzy MP55 still comes out on top, by far. Better distance and control for me, better more penetrating ball flight. The Miura feels bottom heavy, weighted toward the sole, which I suppose some would prefer to get the ball up higher in the air. But feel wise, I was a little disappointed. Still don't think the Miuras feel as good as when the Ol' Man was doing the making...

IMG_3593.JPG

IMG_3596.JPG

IMG_3598.JPG

Mizuno makes the most consistently pure and soft irons of any brand imo.  You still playing these?  you have so many great clubs I would be interested to hear what's the main gamers now.

Thanks, Chris, main gamers are still the A-Grind R-1 blades. They stay in the bag no matter what I throw at them. Just love everything about them -- feel, sound, looks, accuracy, distance. Ako-san definitely has my number(s).

But the MP55 still sneaks in as long iron choice every now and then. Still think it's quietly under-appreciated, fabulous CB.

For the life of me, can't figure what the deal is with the Miura CB1008. I can't remember the last time I literally couldn't hit a ball with an iron. But this one chunks, shanks, and embarrasses me. Does make a nice paper weight on my desk though -- it's beautiful looking...  ;=]

Thank you,  very good to know.  Yes those R1's have a lot of fans.  Good price too.

CB1008 has been mixed reviews,  we have many customers who love them but as you say some of our most knowledgable ones complain about the launch being to high and something clunky going on.